• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Just got to limit cut and I say BS to those who say Dark Riku , Luxord and Terra xehanort are not the hardest did all the others aside from Xemnas and the rest were super easy by comparison to those three

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to limit cut and I say BS to those who say Dark Riku , Luxord and Terra xehanort are not the hardest did all the others aside from Xemnas and the rest were super easy by comparison to those three
Interesting choices since Terra-Xehanort was one of the easier ones for me.
I think the difficulty list varies a lot depending on people.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Master Xehanort down! Was very intimidating at first but once you learn his attacks he's not too bad, leaves himself open A LOT compared to some of the others.

Think I died to Saix, Vanitas and Terranort more.

Just Xion to go. I've got her halfway a few times but took a break to try Xehanort.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I brute-forced Dark Riku on my first attempt on Proud (lv 99).
"kill you in two hits" is def referencing critical to be fair, and he's right that it doesn't work there. I know, I tried lol.

I agree on dark Riku and terranort being among the harder ones, but luxord was notably the easiest barring larxene, and maybe it's the lowered expectations going in based on his trash kh2 data battle, but I legit really liked his fight here.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
"kill you in two hits" is def referencing critical to be fair, and he's right that it doesn't work there. I know, I tried lol.

I agree on dark Riku and terranort being among the harder ones, but luxord was notably the easiest barring larxene, and maybe it's the lowered expectations going in based on his trash kh2 data battle, but I legit really liked his fight here.
It was a good fight but it just annoyed me as it keeps targeting the wrong card when I attack than what I intend to hit

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It was a good fight but it just annoyed me as it keeps targeting the wrong card when I attack than what I intend to hit
I had issues with that at first but I would roll out of/cancel the first strike and that helped make sure I wouldn't hit things I wasn't supposed to.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
That definitely doesn't work on harder difficulties where he kills you in two hits.
I definitely brute forced my way through him on Critical.

But yeah, it's interesting seeing how varied opinions are on the difficulty of each individual boss. I've seen people say Xion's way harder than Master Xehanort, whereas I've been able to no damage Xion, but can't get past Master Xehanort (That DM is tricky as all hell to learn, and I refuse to cheese it with Simba)

For me personally, Saix, Dark Riku and (currently) Master Xehanort are the ones I've struggled with the most, Dark Riku less so than the other two, though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xion was hard for me, but also felt like a fair fight for the most part. It felt really satisfying blocking and dodging all of her attacks throughout the fight.

The only two that felt kind of BS to me were Saix and Dark Riku. Even then, they're not bad fights it's just I didn't really take the time to learn them.
I had to unequip Ultima. That transformation just doesn't work trying to hit a single card.
I did the same, doing the fight with a different keyblade really helped.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
With just Xion left, I definitely rank Saix as the one I struggled with the most.

He attacks so hard and fast that I found if I ever got hit it was a gamble if I'd be able to recover or he'd just keep wailing on me and I'd die. Most other fights would do one combo, then you'd be able to use a cure and reorient yourself, only dying if you fuck up multiple times quickly.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
The three hardest data battles for me were Saix, Xemnas, and Master Xehanort. I'd put Xion behind those three in terms of difficulty, but her fight was also one of the most fun for me (really liked the Xemnas fight too).

Young Xehanort took me the most tries because he was the first data battle I went through, but I don't think I would call his fight one of the harder ones.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like with Master Xehanort (and Saix to a lesser extent), the fight pretty much demands near perfect from the player. You slip up, and you can kiss most of your HP (or on Critical, all of it) goodbye. Like with Master Xehanort, I can reliably get him to his DM without taking damage, but once I get hit, I might as well put the controller down and say "fuck my shit up fam".

Honestly though, I'm finding learning these fights almost like learning the ins and out of a fighting or action game. Gotta learn when it's your turn and when it's not, the most optimal punishes, etc. It's cool.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I feel like with Master Xehanort (and Saix to a lesser extent), the fight pretty much demands near perfect from the player. You slip up, and you can kiss most of your HP (or on Critical, all of it) goodbye. Like with Master Xehanort, I can reliably get him to his DM without taking damage, but once I get hit, I might as well put the controller down and say "fuck my shit up fam".

Honestly though, I'm finding learning these fights almost like learning the ins and out of a fighting or action game. Gotta learn when it's your turn and when it's not, the most optimal punishes, etc. It's cool.
I got Master Xehanort left before I'm done with all these data battles. Sometimes I wish I didn't accidentally delete my level 99 Proud Save, but learning and conquering these fights on Critical feels so good once I succeed.

Saix, Master Xehanort, and Terranort were/are my biggest headaches.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
About half way through the data fights on my pro code run. Doing this run made me realize I never actually learned saix. The others have all been notably easier than base critical because of the difficulty drop with the limitations (I have base stats, zero defense and cure codes turned off and everything else on) , but I must have definitely cheesed saix with simba. His last phase of near constant pummeling messed me up more than I remember .

On to the next half, and hopefully the trophy later.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know difficulty rankings are bullshit because everyone said Larxene is the easiest and I had so much trouble beating her lol

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my pro code run. Saix and Xion were probably the toughest. Didn't realize how much I missed form changes until I had no way of resetting my max health in xion's fight lol.

All in all, probably overall easier than critical? Limit ep definitely was easier, but there were some tough bosses at the end game with pro codes. Wizard's ruse was a God send.

I know difficulty rankings are bullshit because everyone said Larxene is the easiest and I had so much trouble beating her lol

Depends on your play style. Personally, I found her the easiest because she just, by far, had the most openings/ times when she was vulnerable. If you kept seeking her out and wailing on her, she would get knocked back more than most of the other bosses imo. I can see her being tougher if you play more defensively maybe?

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Finally made it to the last secret boss on Proud and he's really difficult. :( I mean they have all been challenging but damn. I actually think my hardest boss was Xion. She was constantly moving/teleporting (like seriously, always) and the whole BS with the beams reducing your max HP was annoying as fuck, lol. It was still an interesting fight but... yeah. I think my next hardest one was Xemnas. Master Xehanort was SO daunting at first. I tried him pretty late one night (and was a little intoxicated to be fair), but I couldn't do anything and just gave up quickly. The next day, he was a bit more manageable. Still took a while, though.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Any tips for Xion? I've faced everyone else (haven't done MX yet) and have cleared them all with relative ease but Xion keeps killing me with either her light beams or her asinine stun mechanic. And since I just can't seem to perfect blocking I find myself dead around when she has 4 to 2 health bars left.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

I haven't gotten to the data battles yet (I just got Ultima Weapon yesterday and trying to level to 99 now) but I felt this with freaking Dark Inferno on Crit. Two basic sword swipes and I'd be down to 1 HP or close. Only issue is I got his phase 1 and 2 down to a T but couldn't reliably figure out his phase 3. Eventually managed to get it down enough though where I was able to brute force at the end.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Her DM is a bit of a pain, but I found all of her regular attacks easy to block/dodge and she has a ton of openings. Xigbar was similarly easy for me.

Still slowly going through the main game in Critical. If you have a food buff on you and retry after death it's still on you, right?
Yep. You also get your kupo coin back.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I finally have some time to hammer out these data fights. This is the most fun I've had in KH in a long time, Osaka team has come so far.

Jun 12, 2018
Any tips for Xion? I've faced everyone else (haven't done MX yet) and have cleared them all with relative ease but Xion keeps killing me with either her light beams or her asinine stun mechanic. And since I just can't seem to perfect blocking I find myself dead around when she has 4 to 2 health bars left.
Use the keyblade with stun protection, big hero 6 one I think

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, finally came back to this after a bit over a week off.

The fights I did tonight (on Proud) went better than expected, huh. Marluxia took maybe 15 minutes. Terra-Xehanort took 30, and it's cause for once I actually got myself to stop bashing up against him and actually study his moves much sooner than I normal would, so I'm thankful I'm getting better about that again. And then Vanitas took 45 despite me always getting relatively close, compared to the others where it either took me a while to get to the point where I was even anywhere near winning or I beat it right away. I think it's because it was a lot easier to find an opening? It felt like compared to the rest of the fights where (in my experience) getting hit at all kinda prevents you from punishing them, he actually had attacks where you can totally get hit by them, recover, and still land an attack during the opening and start juggling him? Which made dealing damage easier, but also made it harder to tell when I did need to be more defensive.

Especially because I noticed that sometimes I'd press O to recover, except... I'd just glide a bit and get hit again, because I was already fine?? I don't know if I'm missing something about his attacks or forgetting something or if I was just double tapping or what, it was weird. But he's done with, in any case!

Meanwhile, I still haven't toggled the abilities people have said not to use off, oops. So I'm thankful this still went fast, but that's a thing I probably need to mess with before these last few fights. Also, well, probably coulda used food to help a bit too. I can't really buy any more items as is, so I expect that after Xion I'll have to go quickly get some more funds to cover the remaining fights, and I'll quickly make some food to use at that time too. Hoping I can get MX in the same session as Xion at least, and then finish things up the next time.

I also finally got around to buying the DS4 Back Button cause the last session made me think it might be helpful and that'll show up by when I play next; wish I'd remembered to order it sooner so I could have had it this time. Though at this point I'm not sure what I'll use it for- I feel like mashing X is most of what's actually straining my hand the most, and I'm also getting a bit better at playing so doing Square + Circle to help me guard/recover without risking a misplaced thumb probably isn't as helpful as it would have been when I started this. And up + down on the d-pad would be helpful if I needed to use magic and items more but at this point I'm largely stuck on the shortcut page that's entirely items (+ Curaga which is on every page) anyway, so... hmm. So I'll have to figure that out as I go too.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I have reached the secret boss's second phase. That should be a trophy on its own is not for the fact that he will sometimes start the match with it. Nonetheless, I'm proud of myself. Shame I died almost as soon as he started it.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

This world is amazing, hahahaha.
It is, isn't it?? What surprises me the most is how fun they managed to make underwater combat. I've never played a game where I ever looked forward to doing underwater stuff until KH3.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Any tips for Xion I tried blocking but holy hell she keeps me on my toes going pure offense I can get her to half health but she is so fast.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I completed all battles (inclusive secret boss) a week a go, but I'm still thinking about the fights. They are so fun to beat.
I also actually loved Luxord's battle, as it was quite different. I wouldn't mind if there were more gimmicky battles.

Oct 25, 2017
I have reached the secret boss's second phase. That should be a trophy on its own is not for the fact that he will sometimes start the match with it. Nonetheless, I'm proud of myself. Shame I died almost as soon as he started it.

It is, isn't it?? What surprises me the most is how fun they managed to make underwater combat. I've never played a game where I ever looked forward to doing underwater stuff until KH3.
Sekiro was also From Software's first attempt (at least in their modern games) at underwater gameplay and it was fun as hell, too. I was very surprised with how much I didn't hate underwater gameplay in both games.

And the ship combat! If you told me the world that has more than half of its duration either underwater or in a ship would be among my favorites in the series, I wouldn't believe you.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Especially because I noticed that sometimes I'd press O to recover, except... I'd just glide a bit and get hit again, because I was already fine?? I don't know if I'm missing something about his attacks or forgetting something or if I was just double tapping or what, it was weird. But he's done with, in any case!
Were you getting knocked into a wall by any chance?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Terra-Xehanort is giving me trouble
Some tips:

- When he starts launching the dark volley projectiles, block until he launches a third set. While you're blocking, airstep (You can aim airstep/shotlock during a guard animation) to him for a free opening.

- When he begins his charging attack, he'll almost always start off by teleporting to your right with the sound cue of "Over here!". Block it, wait for him to show up again (He should be in front of you this time), jump and block. You can use a reprisal here for a free combo opening.

- For his teleporting keyblade combo, the first swing from each set is unblockable. Dodge roll through it. Sora can actually outright run away from the other hits. He'll repeat this again right after, so react the same way. He'll do it one more time after, only this time he'll do a longer combo after the first hit. Roll away from the first hit and block the following hits. As he's diving down to deliver the final hit of the combo, use a reprisal for another combo opening.

- For his desperation move, despite it seeming logical to do, don't dodge roll too much. Navigate Sora through the circling projectile waves by running/walking. Only dodge roll when Terra-Xehanort's guardian shoots a wave of energy at you. At the end of the desperation move, dodge roll a bit earlier before the guardian slams down on the ground. The timing is a little tricky there.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some tips:

- When he starts launching the dark volley projectiles, block until he launches a third set. While you're blocking, airstep (You can aim airstep/shotlock during a guard animation) to him for a free opening.

- When he begins his charging attack, he'll almost always start off by teleporting to your right with the sound cue of "Over here!". Block it, wait for him to show up again (He should be in front of you this time), jump and block. You can use a reprisal here for a free combo opening.

- For his teleporting keyblade combo, the first swing from each set is unblockable. Dodge roll through it. Sora can actually outright run away from the other hits. He'll repeat this again right after, so react the same way. He'll do it one more time after, only this time he'll do a longer combo after the first hit. Roll away from the first hit and block the following hits. As he's diving down to deliver the final hit of the combo, use a reprisal for another combo opening.

- For his desperation move, despite it seeming logical to do, don't dodge roll too much. Navigate Sora through the circling projectile waves by running/walking. Only dodge roll when Terra-Xehanort's guardian shoots a wave of energy at you. At the end of the desperation move, dodge roll a bit earlier before the guardian slams down on the ground. The timing is a little tricky there.
Thanks. Beat him.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Finally took down Young Xehanort on Critical with all Pro codes on. Sadly took a hit from one of his first attacks after the DM, but I do feel like I can do a no damage run sometime in the future.