• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I feel like they balanced the scaling thinking that people would be using accessories, Keyblade upgrades, food, and all of the the many status boosters. If you do all of that I honestly think Crit level 1 is pretty fun, but it kind of also defeats the purpose of what Crit 1 in KH2 was where you could comfortably beat the game without any boosters thanks to the good scaling.

This is what fucking slays me, honestly. That sort of erroneous idea that the items and upgrades and food aren't "part" of the combat mechanics.

"What do you mean the damage scaling sucks if I don't use the mechanics it was balanced around?!"

It could benefit from being raised but some of the stuff people say just feels like hyperbole to me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is what fucking slays me, honestly. That sort of erroneous idea that the items and upgrades and food aren't "part" of the combat mechanics.

"What do you mean the damage scaling sucks if I don't use the mechanics it was balanced around?!"

It could benefit from being raised but some of the stuff people say just feels like hyperbole to me.
The entire point of level 1 is to beat the game at base stats. If you use food, stat boosters, and upgrades then what is the point of playing at level 1?

Dec 25, 2018
I have a save editor for KH3 and it seems like the proofs are locked somewhere in the code, I tried to get the proof of promises for my maxed stats critical save but guess I gotta get all the emblems

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Even with food and stuff you still end up doing close to chip damage. Battles should be hard on lv. 1 crit, not hard and a battle of endurance because they last 20 minutes. The damage scaling is bad, and its bad in every game except KH2. Osaka team just doesn't get it or seem to think when people want challenge they want fights to take forever... Unless of course you use the broken Links.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Will I be able get to get the reminded theme if I get the dlc in a later date or is it only if you preorder it?

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Will I be able get to get the reminded theme if I get the dlc in a later date or is it only if you preorder it?
Digital Pre-order Details:
Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:

KINGDOM HEARTS III RE MIND THEME (VOUCHER ONLY)

Pre-order now to receive the exclusive 'KINGDOM HEARTS III Re Mind' Theme.

Chances are the theme is a pre-order exclusive. It usually always is.

Keep in mind the US and Japanese versions of ReMind have different pre-order themes.
This is the US one

Dec 25, 2018

it would be ok and sorta acceptable if you had a proper defense system that didn't have a mind of its own. When fights start taking 20+ minutes, and guard fails and causes you a death, that's a really shitty feeling. Even KH1.5HD LV1 fights were faster in KH3.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Not quite smooth 60, more like 50~60, but it's by far the best way of playing Kingdom Hearts III, if you favor performance over resolution.

Okay thats good. I'm planning on replaying it on critical for the first time, so I want it to be as smooth to the ps4 remakes as possible. Does turning the settings lower make the game look bad, or is it still acceptable?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Okay thats good. I'm planning on replaying it on critical for the first time, so I want it to be as smooth to the ps4 remakes as possible. Does turning the settings lower make the game look bad, or is it still acceptable?
Still more than acceptable. Part of why I don't mind trading resolution for performance in this case.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Just started KH3 and I'm at the tangled world. Should I postphone my playthrough til this is out or does it start late enough that I should be fine.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine also says installed now? Why is that? There was no download.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The only data attributed to the regular Re Mind edition is the theme (12.19 MB).

The data attributed to the Orchestra Re Mind edition is the Orchestra concert data (8.35 GB).

If you have pre-ordered the regular edition for Re Mind and already downloaded the theme, it will say "installed" without there being any additional download. If you haven't downloaded the theme, it will only download that.

If you have pre-ordered the Orchestra edition and it's not properly downloading, go and give it a little nudge (I had to click "download" despite auto download being turned on)

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only data attributed to the regular Re Mind edition is the theme (12.19 MB).

The data attributed to the Orchestra Re Mind edition is the Orchestra concert data (8.35 GB).

If you have pre-ordered the regular edition for Re Mind and already downloaded the theme, it will say "installed" without there being any additional download. If you haven't downloaded the theme, it will only download that.

If you have pre-ordered the Orchestra edition and it's not properly downloading, go and give it a little nudge (I had to click "download" despite auto download being turned on)

Oh this is such a weird situation. I hope they release the actual data before thursday.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, there's no download, only a license that shows as "installed".

The content will come with the 1.07 update, probably tomorrow.

They're doing like some other games do, such as Destiny or Monster Hunter World: DLCs are treated like updates.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, there's no download, only a license that shows as "installed".

The content will come with the 1.07 update, probably tomorrow.

They're doing like some other games do, such as Destiny or Monster Hunter World: DLCs are treated like updates.
Apparently the JP release has DLC preload available, though?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Basically, SENA / SEEU want everyone to download the Re Mind DLC via the patch so when someone decides to buy the DLC they don't have to wait for it to download; it just unlocks.

Since Re Mind unlocks the DLC in the patch, they seem to have chosen to do pre-load so people with the Orchestra edition wouldn't have to wait longer to download the Orchestra. It's completely odd and raises a lot of questions of "why didn't they do it like this" but that seems to be what they chose to do.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to see if the license is installed is from the Library section?

When I click on my Storage - > Applications -> Kingdom Hearts III and then "Installed Expansions" there isn't any DLC installed besides the Starlight Keyblade and Midnight Keyblade.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There was never anything downloaded and yet it says 'installed' for me as well. It's been saying that for the past several days too, not just since today. Oddly enough, the download list on the web browser version of the store says 'download error'. Trying to redownload only gives me the same message.
I don't think anything has been downloaded at all.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was never anything downloaded and yet it says 'installed' for me as well. It's been saying that for the past several days too, not just since today. Oddly enough, the download list on the web browser version of the store says 'download error'. Trying to redownload only gives me the same message.
I don't think anything has been downloaded at all.

My download also says "download error". Nothing was downloaded at all, I'm sure of it. If it was we would be able to see it installed on Storage - > Applications -> Kingdom Hearts III -> Installed Expansions

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My download also says "download error". Nothing was downloaded at all, I'm sure of it. If it was we would be able to see it installed on Storage - > Applications -> Kingdom Hearts III -> Installed Expansions

Yeah I think so too. Even if it was just a small unlock file and the actual DLC were to be distributed via the patch as people say, that unlock file would still show up in the download list and notifications. But I never got a notification at all.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I've has things downloaded to my PS4 that said "download error" on the web browser. It's a little glitch that happens but this doesn't mean that there's an issue with Re Mind's standard edition.

it's just an unlock for the data when it gets delivered by patch.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Eugh, I can already see myself being annoyed when they decide to release the patch on the 23rd in US time as someone in Aus.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
This thread has me me suddenly realize that KH3 released a full year ago, and not like just a few months ago.
That's fucked.
This is fucked.
How do I stop time?
How do I learn Stopga?

Dec 25, 2018
I guess I was correct for the International version of ReMind just being a license.

I feel like this patch will definitely drop today in America, it's almost Wednesday in NZ.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Probably making an ass of myself and this will be posted in English shortly, but what exactly is this?

The caption says this is a 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses Q&A

Seems to just be an info dump on the DLC and 1.07 patch. This post if the 7 Lights Q&A. I imagine the 13 Darknesses will follow soon.