• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Xion down! It took me forever to get past her DM but I finally got her! Now if I can get past old man Xehanort the Risktaker trophy will be mine. Gotta give it to Square—it is such a rush when you finally get past each fight.
I'm in the same situation, only Xeharnot to defeat. Any tips? I tried and tried but without any luck. These data battles are brutal but great at the same time, is what this game needed

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
So I managed to get exactly 365 000 points and Rank A

Risk-Taker was not a Fun Trophy to get... I won't do that again.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same situation, only Xeharnot to defeat. Any tips? I tried and tried but without any luck. These data battles are brutal but great at the same time, is what this game needed

Watch Youtube videos of people doing no damage on critical mode. Helped me a ton as far as figuring out boss openings and how to avoid each attack phase. Xehanort's DM is extremely difficult to get through blind so memorization and watching videos before you attempt it is recommended.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I just found out today that using Thunder at one specific point in Riku's DM interrupts it, ends it early and functions as an opening as well.

How do these fights keep getting more godlike

HOW

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I cleared everything in ReMind in a few days when it released on Xbox - not bothering with the Risk Taker achievement. Level 99 Proud & Ultima. All the fights were great fun.
I cheesed Saix with Simba and Yozora with Ariel, but I still had to learn Yozora's moveset for the most part.

For anyone new or jumping in, I used this guy's videos he does a great job going over all of their moves and when you can attack are.

Also I see a lot of videos recommending Nano Gear keyblade (for Stun Protection), when you can just play Flash Tracer and get a B rank on Course 1 and earn a Master Medal accessory with Stun Protection.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Done with Ansem so that makes six so far:

This was actually relatively simple to be honest compared to the previous ones. I swear you can airstep all of his attacks for openings.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think my favorite thing about the secret boss is how his moveset really nails the whole idea of fighting the hero of another story. Yozora fights like a level 99 JRPG protagonist, and this is reflected in his (incredibly) varied moveset, the way he instinctively jumps back and goes "Nope" when you get an opening on him, even the way he'll sometimes just start off the battle with his strongest attack (his DM)

I think getting the aesthetics of these kind of fights right is just as important as the mechanical design, and they absolutely nail it here.

FINALLY no damaged this motherfucker!

Now I can finally start up a Pro Codes run.

Last edited:

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xemnas down without taking any damage!

Holy shit, this is one a doubt one of the best battles in the series. Making it in one piece through that DM is one of the most satisfying things anyone can do in life. I love this game so much now lol

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
So it took me a month but I finaly beat the data Org but the ending of limit cut killed any will to keep playing this game.

Even though the battles are a lot of fun, my verdict is unchanged, the story is terrible and doesn't address the majority of the game's problems, and 14 superbosses and a picture mode won't change that. This was not worth 30 dollars.

But I'm really sure that a future console release is going to be much better now that Osaka team officially knows how to make an actual console game.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
To you people doing these no damage runs of any of these data fights:

You guys are the real MVPs. Wow!

I've been replaying all the bosses from past KH games and I've come to appreciate how little actual bullshit there's to these fights.

I can't even imagine the patience needed to level 1 some of the past bosses.

Today I start my journey through hell too. Getting KH1FM Ultima Weapon. May the RNG gods smile upon me.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Today I start my journey through hell too. Getting KH1FM Ultima Weapon. May the RNG gods smile upon me.
Eh, on ps4 is not to bad.

A tip, cicle through the special heartless you need to kill, cause i am pretty sure there is a counter that prevent the most recently killed to easily spawn again.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I struggled against a data battle, I kept thinking "man, imagine Xion then, going by what everyone says", and she was... alright? Dark Riku, Saix, Marluxia, Xemnas, Vanitas... all gave me way more trouble than her.

She's just Block City.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
General question:

Did they ever fix the 30 FPS mode to not feel horrible? I couldn't take it at launch, nor the variable 60 FPS mode.

Any chance of a PC version?

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
General question:

Did they ever fix the 30 FPS mode to not feel horrible? I couldn't take it at launch, nor the variable 60 FPS mode.

Any chance of a PC version?
no and no

if you have a ps4 pro, setting your display output to 1080p and disabling supersampling will give you a pretty close to 60fps experience

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
You can also snipe them from afar using Firaga and a lot of Ethers.
Dumbo, Simba and Bambi might make it easier too.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
.....Oh my god Bright Crystals are a complete chore.

And now I know how Kid me did this...HE DIDN'T.

KH1FM has completely different synthesis materials from KH1. Which means it was just younger me who managed to get it in FM when the remasters came out, and If that bastard did it, I sure as hell will too.

On Topic: I will try a level 1 KH3 run as soon as I finish my quest for KH1 Ultima

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finally wrapped up Data Org with Pro Codes. Data Master Xehanort is now comfortably my favorite boss in the entire series.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Nice.

I think it would be cool if they teamed up with Nintendo for another installment. I love the big screen experience but since I'm a latecomer I have yet to play any of the handheld KH on handheld!

Sadly, 358/2 was extremely monotonous despite having quite a nice plot.

The only thing that I think is well done via gameplay is the reveal of the Org plotting to have Roxas and Xion fight to death (You fight what you believe it's a random heartless and mid battle it's revealed to be Xion)

And the final battle against Xion, since she goes through several crazy forms before her giant final form.

On the other hand, Re:Coded has great gameplay and a custom difficulty system similar to the PRO Codes...

But the story....yeeeeeesh.

I'd like a full remake rather than them just remastering to PS2-like graphics like they did with FF8

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I've been replaying all the bosses from past KH games and I've come to appreciate how little actual bullshit there's to these fights.

I can't even imagine the patience needed to level 1 some of the past bosses.

Like in KH2FM? Like, some of those bosses will teleport behind you, and do a 20 frame move that one-shots you unless you have the right mobility move. Lot's of BS animations and super-armor in those games.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So I cleaned up Kingdom Hearts 3 on Critical the other day, and with it the series so far. I had a really good time with it. As someone who only started the series in November, I was mostly satisfied with the conclusion, ridiculous as all the elements are. That said, I know I'm going to feel unfulfilled until I get to this. Does it wrap up the loose ends they left with the box, and the back cover stuff?

Also, how do the fights here compare to the post game Kingdom Hearts 2 stuff? Talking the Org data fights, Sephiroth, and Lingering Will.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So I cleaned up Kingdom Hearts 3 on Critical the other day, and with it the series so far. I had a really good time with it. As someone who only started the series in November, I was mostly satisfied with the conclusion, ridiculous as all the elements are. That said, I know I'm going to feel unfulfilled until I get to this. Does it wrap up the loose ends they left with the box, and the back cover stuff?

Also, how do the fights here compare to the post game Kingdom Hearts 2 stuff? Talking the Org data fights, Sephiroth, and Lingering Will.

The box remains a mistery. But every other question you might have with III's ending is explored and answered.

Be aware that this DLC covers Sora's third run through the Keyblade Graveyard that III's ending implied he made to save Kairi, so there's quite a bit of repetition early on. Then it moves to a completely new direction and gives you a lot of awesome memorable moments.

The Super Bosses are the best in the series. Data Org is back and better than ever and the Secret Boss is so insane it makes Lingering Will look tame.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
the Secret Boss is so insane it makes Lingering Will look tame.

WlZ1.gif

Hopefully insane in a less agonizing way than Lingering Will? Stitch and his cheesy ukulele got me through that fight.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally found time to completed the DLC. Overall, it's elevated KH III in my opinion. It might have made it my favorite KH game now.

First off let's talk about 1.07 Patch additions.

-The new combat abilities (Quick Slash, Flash Step, Radial Blaster, Ariel Sweep, Ariel Dive, Last Charge) have made the combat so much more fun. Felt like Kingdom Hearts II again, granted some of those abilities are from KHII with modifications.
-Oathkeeper's Formchange Light Form and Double From OKP are a great call back to how Sora use to duel wield keyblades in KHII. I didn't get Oblivion yet, but I'm sure it's fine.
Overall, makes KH III better to the point where I wish they were included in the original game, that being said, glad it's the free update DLC.

The actual DLC episodes.

Re Mind - Kinda ehh. Glad it fleshed out more of the story, but I don't see my self replaying it over and over. Kairi is pretty fun to play as though, that's probably the highlight of the whole chapter. Explorable Scala was too small, was hoping for something the size of Twilight Town.

Limitcut - Difficult but amazing, an absolute rush of adrenaline throughout. While frustrating at times, learning each battle is so rewarding. Researching online videos so I can learn attack openings and dodge/guard opportunities just made victory sweeter. It's also humbling knowing I had difficulty at Proud Level 99, when there are Critical Level 1 All Pro Codes On videos, absolute insanity.

Secret - A struggle, but glad I got through it, even if I had to cheese it. Looking forward to see more Yozora in the future titles.
Ariel is best Link.