• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
latest

Hello and welcome to the Kingdom Hearts III -Re Mind- DLC OT!

Kingdom Hearts III -Re Mind- Is a DLC for "Kingdom Hearts III" which serves as an expansion to the original game, much like the "Final Mix" special editions of previous titles.

In this thread you will be able to discuss this latest addition to the Kingdom Hearts franchise!
Information.png

Title - Kingdom Hearts III -Re Mind- DLC
Genre - Action RPG
Platforms - PlayStation 4/PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One/Xbox One X
Distribution - Digital Download
Engine - Unreal Engine 4
Developers - Square Enix Business Division 3
Composers - Yoko Shimomura
Rating - E10+/PEGI 12
Price - $29.99(US)
PS4 Worldwide Release Date - January 23th, 2020
Xbox One Worldwide Release - February 25th, 2020

t1579766400z4.png

Preorder Bonus- If you decide to preorder the Re Mind DLC on PS4, you will get an exclusive Kingdom Hearts theme, this theme plays "Dearly Beloved" in the background of your menu browsing!

Story_So_Far.png

• Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover
    In this prequel set long before the events of the original game, we learn about the Foretellers, a group of actual idiots Keyblade Masters tasked with preserving the World of Light by making sure the prophecies in the "Book of Prophecies" written by the Shady "Master of Masters" happen. One of the foretellers, Luxu, is tasked with travelling the world with a mysterious black box, while the others must remain home to soon discover the tasks given to them by the Master of Masters are designed to put them against each other.

• What happens after Kingdom Hearts II?

After the heartwarming ending to "Kingdom Hearts II" Sora finds a letter from King Mickey in the final scene of that game. We then learn in "Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded" that the letter is a request from the King for Sora to embark in one last journey to help Ventus, Terra and Aqua (from "Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep"), the previous generation of Keyblade wielders who were defeated by the evil Master Xehanort, the original form of the now defeated Ansem and Xemnas, Sora's greatest foes. After learning about the impact of their battles on his own journey, Sora agrees to help them and bids farewell to Kairi.

In "Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance", In order to test their powers as Keyblade Wielders for Mickey's task, Master Yen Sid puts Sora and Riku through a "Mark of Mastery Exam", both kids were to travel across the World of Sleep, defeat the "Dream Eaters" that kept many lost worlds asleep and return as official Keyblade Masters. However, surviving dark forces of Organization XIII follow Sora and Riku and their test becomes a battle through the very concept of dreams that only Riku was truly able to overcome.

• Kingdom Hearts III
    The dead speak! Somehow Master Xehanort has returned with a declaration of WAR! Following Sora's defeat and his almost getting possessed by a reborn Organization XIII in "Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance" Sora finds himself stripped of his powers and must now embark on a journey to recover as much of his strength as possible in order to face the imminent Keyblade War against Master Xehanort and his new Organization XIII.

• Kingdom Hearts III -Re Mind-
    This DLC will greatly expand the story of "Kingdom Hearts III" adding new cutscenes to the original game while also giving us a brand new chapter in the story that takes place after Kingdom Hearts III's climatic finale. The official synopsis for the new story content included in the remind DLC is as follows:

Determined to rescue [REDACTED] Sora travels to the Keyblade Graveyard a short time before the final battle was to take place. Lacking a [REDACTED], he traces the hearts of the seven guardians of light. Through experiencing their personal battles firsthand, Sora is about to discover truths that he has never before imagined.
New_Content.png

Like "Final Mix" before it Kingdom Hearts III -Re Mind- will add a good chunk of new content into the game.
  • Free Content: Oblivion and Oathkeeper Keyblades
    150px-Oathkeeper_%26_Oblivion_KHD.png

The fan favorite Keyblades will return as part of a free update to the game, available to all players regardless of them purchasing this DLC or not, these Keyblades must be unlocked in-game by earning the "Proof of Times Past" for Oblivion and the "Proof of Promises" for Oathkeeper, this is achieved by clearing the game in critical mode and finding all of the 90 hidden "Lucky Emblems" through the game, respectively.

Like all other Keyblades in this game, they will also include a powerful transformation for Sora. These transformations also bring back the fan favorite DUAL WIELD!! as their second transformation.
    82344909_10156903432480841_2991765624440487936_o.jpg

Note: You do NOT need both Keyblades to use the Dual Wield form, just 1 is enough.

• Free Content: Updated Cutscenes
    Several cutscenes have been tweaked to have better visuals, music, and cinematpgraphy. These updated cutscenes are separate from the new story found in the paid DLC.

• Free Content: New Abilities
    Like in past "Final Mix" titles, Sora will get access to new moves, these new 6 abilities are designed to greatly increase the flow and speed of combat, addressing complaints made about the combat in the original KH3 release.

The new Abilities are:
    -Quick Slash
    -Flash Step
    -Radial Blaster
    -Aerial Sweep
    -Aerial Dive
    -Last Charge

You can see them in action here!

• Limitcut episode with 13 boss battles
    Similar to the "Cavern of Remembrance" and the "Data Battles" in KHIIFM, the Re Mind DLC includes a new episode that leads into you facing super powered up version of the Organization XIII!
    kingdom-hearts-3-1.jpg

kingdom-hearts-4.jpg

• Secret episode and boss battle
    The secret episode takes place after the events of "Kingdom Hearts III" and is a brand new story featuring the return of the FINAL FANTASY character cameos that were absent from the main story
    Kingdom-Hearts-III-Remind-Leak-800x400.jpg

This episode also includes a brand new secret boss that is already being lauded as one of the hardest, if not the hardest of the franchise.

• New playable characters
    -Re Mind- will allow you to play as fan favorite characters such as Riku, Aqua, Roxas and Kairi in select battles during the game.
    ELJPU96XsAEI0Z-.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

screen-shot-2019-06-09-at-12-09-53-am

KH3-DLC-Siliconera-2.jpg

• Premium Menu (Difficulty Customization)

After complaints of low difficulty in the main game, KHIII added "Critical Mode" via patch several months ago, now with -Re Mind- players will be able to customize difficulty as they please. The "EZ" option will allow you to One-Hit KO any enemies, regen health, MP, and even Auto-Guard. This mode is designed for those who want the game to pose no challenge at all.

premium-menu-kh3-remind-how-to-unlock-1024x581.jpg

While the "PRO Codes" Menu will allow you to customize the battle conditions and even set challenges like disabling items or healing altogether from your playthrough.

EOhcRovUwAAL8OU

PRO Codes will also let you disable the very divisive attraction flow attacks on all difficulties, these randomly obtained mid-battle moves were heavily criticized for being too common and too powerful cinematic attacks akin to Summons from KH1, but with none of the costs or downsides.

• Data Greeting and Slideshow Options to the Photo Menu

These modes allow you take your favorite Kingdom Hearts characters and pose them, change their expressions, backgrounds, add toys and change lighting effects to create the perfect photo! If your OTP is not canon you can sure as hell forge evidence to the contrary now!
    Kingdom-Hearts-III_2020_01-19-19_002_En.jpg
    Slideshow%20Function%201.jpg

FAQ.png

• Do I need to play all the spin off games to understand this game?
    In Kingdom Hearts, there are no spin off games, think of each non numbered entry as a Marvel Solo Movie, with the Numbered titles being this big "Avengers" style event that affects everyone. So yes.

That said, if you don't care about the story, you can just skip the heart and light and darkness blah blah blah and get straight to cutting stuff in half!

• I see an option to purchase this DLC for $40, what gives?
    That package Includes a the KH Orchestra Concert in video form, if you love Shimomura music, you might want to give it a go!

• Ok, I want to play all the games now, but they're spread in a lot of different consoles!
    The "Story So far" pack will include every single game you need to understand the story in one console!

• Is this the place where I can come in to talk about how awful and poorly written the story on KH is?
    As long as you don't just do some drive-by shitposts, we will all probably have fun with KH's endearing mess of a plot

Spoilers.png

Since many players waited for a "Final Mix" style revision of Kingdom Hearts III, NO UNMARKED KINGDOM HEARTS III STORY SPOILERS,BE IT VANILLA KHIII OR -Re Mind-, ARE ALLOWED.

You can however, openly spoil every past Kingdom Hearts game, and gameplay only elements of KHIII -Re Mind-.

VIDEOS.png

THESE VIDEOS CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR KH3

MAY YOUR HEART BE YOUR GUIDING KEY!

Last edited:

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered last night. That theme is niiiiice.
Can't wait!
Curious how meaty this DLC is gonna be. I've been mostly media blackout, so I don't really know what to expect.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
had such a fun time with KH3 last year and I'm gonna spend all weekend gobbling up everything in this DLC

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP should be updated for users who have the Japanese version (including Asian Japanese) release, if they get the DLC for that version, they will be given an option to switch between English and Japanese audio. Not-shockingly, given the file size differences between the two releases, looks like the Japanese audio will not be included on the English versions.

That said, I need to make a decision quick if I wanna grab the pre-order or not, to get the Pre-Order bonuses.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Thursday is going to be a good day!

Too bad I have to work, but I'll squeeze in a few hours of playtime before my shift. After that I'll be playing all weekend long.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So this is confirmed to go live at midnight on the 23rd? I get home from work usually exactly at midnight, so coming home and diving right in would be fantastic.

I wonder how far in you have to play the new stuff to get to the data fights.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Amazing title and OP. I'm so excited! I'm literally beating another critical 1 playthough as we speak. Now I think I'll try my first NG+ beginner playthrough. I'm sure it will be something.

Can't wait for Thursday! Hopefully that new patch hits when the dlc countdown ends.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
So this is confirmed to go live at midnight on the 23rd? I get home from work usually exactly at midnight, so coming home and diving right in would be fantastic.

I wonder how far in you have to play the new stuff to get to the data fights.
The only PSN listing that says its available to play at midnight is the US listing. I fear that everywhere else is at the mercy of whenever the 1.07 patch drops.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope we'll be able to view new cutscene without replaying it all. I really dont have time to replay games as long as kh3. lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see how meaty the new content is. I'm expecting 5-8 hours depending on how much trouble the bosses give you but anything more substantial would be cool.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Title is incorrect and now my day is ruined.
"So, you have come this far and still you understand nothing."

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Alrighty. Ready to understand fucking nothing and despise the dialogue. But will be loving the combat at least.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any idea how long this'll be? I'll jump on it but not immediately, I adored KH3 and I love the series but think I'll wait for a few impressions.

Dec 25, 2018
New Zealand is so lucky btw, you guys get it way before the rest of the world.

huge chance this is the new art

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was gonna wait but that sweet theme dragged me back in.

I'm ready Nomura. Shine that crazy light.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Im still very confused by this. It seems like the content is a remake of the last third of the game only? With some additional boss battles?

Basically do I need to replay the game to actually get the most out of this DLC?

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
So what is everyone going to do? Just play the DLC? Or start the game all over again to experience all of the new cutscenes during the game?

Still having my doubts here what to do. Like to replay the game, but waiting 40 hours to get to all the good stuff is a very long time ...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what is everyone going to do? Just play the DLC? Or start the game all over again to experience all of the new cutscenes during the game?

Still having my doubts here what to do. Like to replay the game, but waiting 40 hours to get to all the good stuff is a very long time ...
Start the game over. I've been saving my first critical run for this.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

Gonna wait for someone in an earlier timezone to confirm if the story update in v1.07 will be automatically added to the theater or not. If yes, then I'll start Re Mind with my Proud save. If no, I'll start a Critical playthrough and play Re Mind afterwards.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

I'm replaying the main game first. I really want to try out the new keyblades, abilities, and difficulty modifiers there first. I'll just put on the appropriate YouTube video blockers and avoid Twitter so I don't get spoiled.

It also probably won't take you 40hrs to do another run. Fighting all the fights on the main path (and also visiting all the islands in the Caribbean) takes me about 10ish hours, 15 on crit level 1. Knowing where to go I'm sure you could get that 40hrs down to 24.

If your afraid of spoilers and can't afford to be off social media, then yes, it might be better just to go into remind as it will probably take a couple days at least to go though the main story.