• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, what is the absolute best way to get Damascus lol. I see all these "best farming areas" and never get much (I think I got one from misty stream in like, 25 minutes). There don't seem to be any around KG, so... whereeeeeeee??? Haha

Edit: bless, the gummi gods finally smiled down upon me and granted me 5 in one outing lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So, I finished the Big Hero 6 world, and did both the Aqua and Vanitas boss fights.

The Aqua fight had such a fun moveset, too bad she had really low HP and I didn't get to have too much fun against her. Didn't play 0.2 either. :(

That "Sora" command as Riku was SO GOOD.

I wish we had a second Limit Cut DLC where she was one of the bosses. :P

Vanitas was a ton of fun, though! Loved playing as Aqua, even though she's obviously limited compared to Sora, but she's still a lot more fun to use than Riku. He didn't have that much HP either, but that was for the best, since his moveset wasn't that varied. And it was still a pretty challenging fight, died like 3 or 4 times. Good stuff.

Now I THINK I'm about to enter the endgame, so I have a few questions:

Can I already get Oathkeeper now? I don't have all the emblems in two or three worlds yet, but I assume that's all of them?

Can I already get Ultima Weapon?

Any recommendations of fun post game content to do before moving on to Re:MIND after I beat the game? I definitely want to fight that one super boss. Not really going for the Platinum trophy, so anything that isn't fun or doesn't unlock anything interesting isn't really important to me.

If I hit level 50 while doing any of this, I'll just equip EXP Zero so I won't be too overleveled for Re:MIND.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Been fighting the Secret Boss and I honestly have no idea how I'm going to win. Especially since I actually run out of potions not even halfway through the battle.

Any tips pls? I really want to win before I start work on Wednesday.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations of fun post game content to do before moving on to Re:MIND after I beat the game? I definitely want to fight that one super boss. Not really going for the Platinum trophy, so anything that isn't fun or doesn't unlock anything interesting isn't really important to me.
There's the battlegates. Essentially KH3's equivalent of the arena (though not as good).

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to point out that you probably should do the remind stuff right away as it's content is made around the same difficulty as the endgame of the story. after you complete that then yeah you should go so all the main game stuff as you can load the dlc save in the main game by pressing square on the save file at the load screen.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I think I'm either going to give up on fighting the secret boss after my nth attempt, or figure out how to farm defense boosts.

Oct 27, 2017
Did that Frozen Slider minigame.

That's a no, thanks for me. Forget about that Ultima Weapon. LUL
It was tedious but I've very recently done it and it wasn't that bad. The video guides do each treasure separately and all you have to pay attention to is where they branch out to. You'll start realizing what paths you need to ignore as long as you reach the specific landmark that brings you to the treasure. Meaning at first I kept pausing and going "ok this path, then this then this" but I soon learned the landscape and knew to just ignore the video's paths until they reached the specific sections and then start really paying attention. Easy peasy.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, fine, I'm gonna do the slider thing before heading to endgame. But tomorrow. :P

And I'll do the Flan thingies first, those are fun.

Is it only the last Orichalcum+ that I can only get after beating the game? From the guide it seems like it's pretty easy to pick up, so I can use it during Re:Mind and/or for the Battle Gates.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Ok, fine, I'm gonna do the slider thing before heading to endgame. But tomorrow. :P

Is it only the last Orichalcum+ that I can only get after beating the game? From the guide it seems like it's pretty easy to pick up, so I can use it during Re:Mind and/or for the Battle Gates.

Yup, you can do that.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Fuck me, is anyone else doing these fights on Critical? I beat YX and Larxene but I've struggled on everything else for hours. Somehow I almost one shotted Saix, idk how I pulled that off, but now he kills me in his Berserk state. Gonna have to watch some videos or something because he gets vicious then.

Mainly trying to beat Vanitas now though. I can get him down to the dark ball state, but during or after that he keeps killing me :(

KH2 FM+ got nothing on these bosses in terms of difficulty.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me, is anyone else doing these fights on Critical? I beat YX and Larxene but I've struggled on everything else for hours. Somehow I almost one shotted Saix, idk how I pulled that off, but now he kills me in his Berserk state. Gonna have to watch some videos or something because he gets vicious then.

Mainly trying to beat Vanitas now though. I can get him down to the dark ball state, but during or after that he keeps killing me :(

I did them all at critical 99 without kupo coin (though I did use shotlocks and in the case of Xion, a link to avoid one of her moves). The only ones I really struggled with were Saix, the post-DM bits of Terra-Xehanort, Xion and the secret boss (Data-Riku was also a nightmare to get into a good rhythm since he felt insurmountable when I started him). It's hard to say much more than keep at it and get into a good rhythm (parts of the fights were complete bliss to me, like Xemnas's DM having such a satisfying pattern to execute, etc).

It's a bummer the review score for ReMind sits where it does. The first 70% of the ReMind scenario itself is pointless, but the final parts are amazing, and all of the fights, while insane and very difficult, are phenomenally well put together. Like, I'm legitimately proud of the Osaka team lol, they really brought it and proved themselves. I'm worried we won't see more of it if they look only at the critical reception though :(

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I did them all at critical 99 without kupo coin (though I did use shotlocks and in the case of Xion, a link to avoid one of her moves). The only ones I really struggled with were Saix, the post-DM bits of Terra-Xehanort, Xion and the secret boss (Data-Riku was also a nightmare to get into a good rhythm since he felt insurmountable when I started him). It's hard to say much more than keep at it and get into a good rhythm (parts of the fights were complete bliss to me, like Xemnas's DM having such a satisfying pattern to execute, etc).

It's a bummer the review score for ReMind sits where it does. The first 70% of the ReMind scenario itself is pointless, but the final parts are amazing, and all of the fights, while insane and very difficult, are phenomenally well put together. Like, I'm legitimately proud of the Osaka team lol, they really brought it and proved themselves.
It paints such a bright future for KH from a gameplay perspective. I never really liked the series for its gameplay until I tried the LimitCut bosses (didn't really dig into KH2 that much beyond just beating the story)

If they can bring this quality to every KH going forward... damn

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017

I had a friend come to my place and do the slider thing for me. I couldn't stand it to be honest. It took him like 30 minutes using a guide. It wasn't soooooooo bad, but I still hated it with passion.

In my case what tired me most was opening every single treasure chest, because I can't even come to explain how much I hated this game and I simply rushed through every world except the Pirates of the Caribbean one. I was missing 32 chests in BH6 world, for example.

I got my Plat Trophy a week ago and I will try the data fights eventually, but I can finally say I'm done with this game and KH in general.

My respects to all of you who keep enjoying this series. I'm sure there are more adventures coming for you.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

It's a bummer the review score for ReMind sits where it does. The first 70% of the ReMind scenario itself is pointless, but the final parts are amazing, and all of the fights, while insane and very difficult, are phenomenally well put together. Like, I'm legitimately proud of the Osaka team lol, they really brought it and proved themselves. I'm worried we won't see more of it if they look only at the critical reception though :(
Despite adoring the boss fights, I can't disagree with a 6/10 score.
They're charging half the price of a full game, hell, people buying KH3 for $20 now are paying more for the DLC than the game itself, and that brings certain expectations. The new campaign should have been 2-3 brand new worlds with multiple areas, boss fights etc, not a remixed version of the base game's final world with some new stuff added in.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
The DLC is overpriced, period, and like it was said the Re:Mind part is pointless for the most part. I would not recommend it to anyone, even those who like boss fights (because, let's put it bluntly, only the Limit Cut part of this DLC is worth it, although the last part of Re:Mind has some nice bits).

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Dark Riku is by FAR my least favorite fight so far. There's just something about the fight being difficult because there's unblockable shit flying everywhere on the screen that makes it extremely boring for me. Wish I could cheese it tbh

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Dark Riku is by FAR my least favorite fight so far. There's just something about the fight being difficult because there's unblockable shit flying everywhere on the screen that makes it extremely boring for me. Wish I could cheese it tbh
That's easily the most cheesable fight. Feel like it was the one I learned the least and beat it in like 3 tries. Just be very on the offensive.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys. I finished KH3 on Proud with some Pro code non-sense, and I got the Lucky Emblem weapon and max'd it and my characters are all level 50. Am I in a decent place to start ReMind, or should I level more?

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luxord is making me rage, the way Sora controls you accidentally hit cards you don't want to and I'm way too slow with the auto lock on., what a shit boss fight.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely improving in these fights. Just beat Marluxia with all Pro codes on except default status on critical.

Sadly I took an hit by a flower petal when he charged up his last DM. But I'll continue to work on a no hit full pro code run. I've been close a few times but usually take a hit within his 2 last bars.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a friend come to my place and do the slider thing for me. I couldn't stand it to be honest. It took him like 30 minutes using a guide. It wasn't soooooooo bad, but I still hated it with passion.

In my case what tired me most was opening every single treasure chest, because I can't even come to explain how much I hated this game and I simply rushed through every world except the Pirates of the Caribbean one. I was missing 32 chests in BH6 world, for example.

I got my Plat Trophy a week ago and I will try the data fights eventually, but I can finally say I'm done with this game and KH in general.

My respects to all of you who keep enjoying this series. I'm sure there are more adventures coming for you.
Damn, I wish I had friends. Sora was right, friends are power.

As for the rest, it's wild to me how people feel compelled to do things they hate just because of trophies. I'm really loving this game, only behind Sekiro for my 2019 GOTY, but I don't even consider getting the platinum. Why would I waste any time getting to level 99? It just makes me overpowered and doesn't give me a single new ability. Nah, fuck that.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Did them at level 55 on crit. It was a nice challenge.

When Vanitas jumps up into the air to get ready for the dark ball, cast thunder to knock him out of it. He has one of the toughest DMs to dodge/block so never let him do it.

Oct 25, 2017
max stat doesn't even achieve much, it's just an absurd amount of grinding for little gain.
That's almost always the case with action RPGs. People who didn't play on Critical specifically were talking about how they had to adjust their mentality because the Limit Cut was the first time in the game they had to learn how to block. No stat boost will ever make up for a player fighting a KH superboss without even knowing how to block attacks.

You'll die in three hits you don't know how to avoid instead of two, and maybe it takes two less combos you can't hit to kill the boss. Wow.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The DLC is overpriced, period, and like it was said the Re:Mind part is pointless for the most part. I would not recommend it to anyone, even those who like boss fights (because, let's put it bluntly, only the Limit Cut part of this DLC is worth it, although the last part of Re:Mind has some nice bits).
I assume you're counting secret episode as part of limit cut? Yozora is def worth.

All in all, I do agree to an extent. Re:Mind has like 15 minutes of content at the end which is great and worthwhile, but... Really isn't otherwise.

That being said limit+ secret bosses are some of the best in the entire series and a few are on my all time greats list now, so I'd still say I got my money out of it. Like $20 would have been a better price point tho.

Last edited:

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
That's almost always the case with action RPGs. People who didn't play on Critical specifically were talking about how they had to adjust their mentality because the Limit Cut was the first time in the game they had to learn how to block. No stat boost will ever make up for a player fighting a KH superboss without even knowing how to block attacks.

You'll die in three hits you don't know how to avoid instead of two, and maybe it takes two less combos you can't hit to kill the boss. Wow.
Would it help for someone trying to get the Risk-Taker Trophy on Beginner tho ?

I'm slowly getting the hang of Yozora on Proud (Not with maxed Stats tho)
I'm scared of the Risk-Taker trophy.