• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 10, 2018
Took down Xemnas and that opened up Xion and Old Xehanort. After many tries, I managed to get down Xion.

I admit I used the Ariel link during her DM.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
hey does anyone have gifs of yozora's moves by chance?

May 10, 2018
Ok took down Master Xehanort. While I wouldn't go so far as to call him easy, I will say he didn't give me that much trouble compared to the earlier battles. Only took me about 4 attempts.

Took on Yozora and got stomped out. Did better than I thought I would on my 1st attempt though.

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap.
Took me a while, but I finally completed everything in critical mode.
Yozora was really rough. Though to be honest I had the most trouble with Saix. I just hate him

This was great overall, most bosses were really satisfying to learn, without too much BS.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys, I finally fucking did it. I beat Yozora. What's even better? There's *no* fucking way I should have beat him on the run I won on. I've saved the video and am uploading it, but it's the scrappiest, ugliest fight ever, and yet I'm so goddamn proud of it.

See, I won in an encounter where he *started* the encounter with his DM.

Okay, so I swear to God to he has like a 3% chance of doing it, but every now and then on my attempts -- which, to be fair, were getting pretty good, as I was reliably getting him to around 4 bars -- he will just start the fight with the DM. So I'm like, fuck it, I suck at this DM and I need to learn it better, so I just struggled through it and came out the other end having done enough damage where I'm like, you know, assuming he doesn't do it *again* I could maybe clutch this thing.

Well, I got him down to 1 bar and... you guessed it... he pops the DM. I'm fucked. I have no items, nothing, and I'm not good enough at the fight to make it through another DM without an elixer. Then it dawns on me: I have *1* opening. If I can make it work, I win. But I had only ever actually nailed it, like, once before. My heart was beating so fast, but I stayed on top of it, nailed the opening, and finished the fight. And now I'm like... just so fucking relieved I didn't choke it.

Fake edit: This is the fight. It's sucky, I'm *real* bad, but I survived, and I feel like if I can then anyone with enough dedication can push through and do the fight too.

Oh yeah, and if there's any doubt: I abuse the absolute living fuck out of Ariel. Like I said, this fight is ugly and scrappy lol. Don't watch this if you're a god at KH3.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
As the DLC comes out on Xbox tomorrow, I've a humble request for those of ya'll who've had this for month. What are the optimal accessory, ability and food set ups and loadouts for limit cut? Any skills recommended off and what not?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
As the DLC comes out on Xbox tomorrow, I've a humble request for those of ya'll who've had this for month. What are the optimal accessory, ability and food set ups and loadouts for limit cut? Any skills recommended off and what not?
It depends on the boss. Some can stun you (Saix?) so equipping a keyblade with stun-protection is good. Ribbon is good for avoiding elemental damage. Kupo coins are useful with all but Yozora (he'll probably steal it from you while you're still learning how to avoid his stealing-moves, and use it on himself)

EDIT: Oh, and healing items are your friend (especially Elixirs). You'll be taking a beating and constantly out of MP so you can't rely on having Cure most of the time and will need frequent healing while waiting MP to charge.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Some quick tips off the top of my head:

Accessory wise, anything with MP haste/hastera/hastega is good. The best accessories for this coincidentally happen to be good in terms of stats anyway, but generally raw stats shouldn't be a priority. Either you're high level and thus already have a lot to work with, or you're low level and will be working with the damage floor the game gives you. AP might be a secondary priority? It depends on your setup/level.

You didn't mention keyblades, but this is important too - there are a few keyblades that you should consider.
Ultima weapon is an obvious choice for obvious reasons (and it has MP hastega).
If you don't have Ultima weapon, if you collected all the Lucky Emblems you should be able to claim Oathkeeper at a Moogle shop once you beat the game. A great alternative stat wise, and the forms associated with it have good blocking options.
Oblivion is another good option, but you need to have beaten the game on Critical.
And finally I think the Nano gear has the ability to protect against stun. This is pretty good for certain bosses.

Ability wise, whilst you might want to keep them on for remind proper, there's some flowmotion abilities tied to airstepping? I think they're near the bottom of the battle ability section. Turn those off, they're too slow for limit cut, where every second counts when it comes to taking advantage of openings.
Also there's the new abilities added in the patch that I think came out on xbox around the time of the ps4 release date? Turn those on, and turn off other combo finisher abilities, again in the combat section. This is less necessary, but the new abilities are generally good, and by turning the other ones off they activate consistently.
Finally, leaf bracer, withstand combo, second chance. All very useful abilities, you should have these on if you have them if nothing else. (If you don't have them, you unlock all level up abilities by level fifty)

As for food... I don't really know, I just bought the food available in the moogle shop and messed around until I got something with high HP and MP gains.

Hope this helps!

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
It depends on the boss. Some can stun you (Saix?) so equipping a keyblade with stun-protection is good. Ribbon is good for avoiding elemental damage. Kupo coins are useful with all but Yozora (he'll probably steal it from you while you're still learning how to avoid his stealing-moves, and use it on himself)

EDIT: Oh, and healing items are your friend (especially Elixirs). You'll be taking a beating and constantly out of MP so you can't rely on having Cure most of the time and will need frequent healing while waiting MP to charge.
Elixirs huh? I normally tell with hi potions but I guess I can try and farm some munny before the DLC unlocks
Some quick tips off the top of my head:

Accessory wise, anything with MP haste/hastera/hastega is good. The best accessories for this coincidentally happen to be good in terms of stats anyway, but generally raw stats shouldn't be a priority. Either you're high level and thus already have a lot to work with, or you're low level and will be working with the damage floor the game gives you. AP might be a secondary priority? It depends on your setup/level.

You didn't mention keyblades, but this is important too - there are a few keyblades that you should consider.
Ultima weapon is an obvious choice for obvious reasons (and it has MP hastega).
If you don't have Ultima weapon, if you collected all the Lucky Emblems you should be able to claim Oathkeeper at a Moogle shop once you beat the game. A great alternative stat wise, and the forms associated with it have good blocking options.
Oblivion is another good option, but you need to have beaten the game on Critical.
And finally I think the Nano gear has the ability to protect against stun. This is pretty good for certain bosses.

Ability wise, whilst you might want to keep them on for remind proper, there's some flowmotion abilities tied to airstepping? I think they're near the bottom of the battle ability section. Turn those off, they're too slow for limit cut, where every second counts when it comes to taking advantage of openings.
Also there's the new abilities added in the patch that I think came out on xbox around the time of the ps4 release date? Turn those on, and turn off other combo finisher abilities, again in the combat section. This is less necessary, but the new abilities are generally good, and by turning the other ones off they activate consistently.
Finally, leaf bracer, withstand combo, second chance. All very useful abilities, you should have these on if you have them if nothing else. (If you don't have them, you unlock all level up abilities by level fifty)

As for food... I don't really know, I just bought the food available in the moogle shop and messed around until I got something with high HP and MP gains.

Hope this helps!
Yeah I should have asked about Keyblades. My save is level 99 on proud and I already have ultima and oathkeeper unlocked. No oblivion though. I'll upgrade nano gear just in case.
I've got all my finishers including the new ones on since last month, but I cant tell which the old finishers are lmao. I'll have to look those up to do it as well as the specific flowmotion ones. Thanks!

Hmmm I do wonder which block counter is best too. I normally went for the kick counter but I dont know if it'll be optimal for the limit cut bosses since I've seen in videos most are using the counter slash instead.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Elixirs huh? I normally tell with hi potions but I guess I can try and farm some munny before the DLC unlocks

Yeah I should have asked about Keyblades. My save is level 99 on proud and I already have ultima and oathkeeper unlocked. No oblivion though. I'll upgrade nano gear just in case.
I've got all my finishers including the new ones on since last month, but I cant tell which the old finishers are lmao. I'll have to look those up to do it as well as the specific flowmotion ones. Thanks!

Hmmm I do wonder which block counter is best too. I normally went for the kick counter but I dont know if it'll be optimal for the limit cut bosses since I've seen in videos most are using the counter slash instead.
If you have Oathkeeper, don't worry about Oblivion, they're very similar. I mainly mentioned it as an alternative.
I'd recommend counter slash, yeah. It's fast! That's what you need in general for these fights lol.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017

I like
-Cosmic Belt+
-Cosmic Belt+
-Buster Band+

-Flanniversary Badge
-Crystal Regalia
-"Other" (Freeze Immunity or Stun Immunity)

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

Jesus, the data DMs in KH2 FM look like jokes compared to KH3. Not just talking presentation, but difficulty in avoiding them.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Gotta say, Zero DEF Proud KHIII is the sweet spot for me.

I wanted something harder but not as bad a critical, and this combo seems to be it

Oct 27, 2017
Xemnas down! Whooo that fight gets intense—the focus on proper blocking really takes some getting used to—especially during his DM. Just 5 more to go and then secret boss time.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Spent the last 6 hours or so on the DLC. Remind was cool whatever but these data bosses. My goodness they're amazing and everything I wanted. Osaka team you absolute geniuses, this is a marvel. I've done the 1st 11 fights and will save Xion and Xehanort for tomorrow. Theres been some brute forcing involved on some fights sure, but these are for the most part genuinely amazing boss fights and patterns. Visually spectacular as well. Limit cut has been worth the 30 bucks alone lmao

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took a small break to play the new FFXIV patch but I finally came back to this game to pick things up where I left off:

I'm a bit sad I messed up at the very end but I'm not really gonna complain about beating any of these battles.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Limit cut and secret episode done. I probably spent more cumulative time on Xion, Master Xehanort and the Secret episode than the other 11 bosses combined. The difficulty spike is ridiculous and it felt like I had to use any and all resources to make it through.

I didn't really like dealing the Secret episode boss' DM and 2nd phase though. That DM felt practically impossible without linking at a point and the 2nd phase got rid of all my hard earned openings I learnt in the 1st😭. Still a 10/10 boss fight though.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really like dealing the Secret episode boss' DM and 2nd phase though. That DM felt practically impossible without linking at a point and the 2nd phase got rid of all my hard earned openings I learnt in the 1st😭. Still a 10/10 boss fight though.
the DM is trivial once you have nailed it down, it even has two openings in it lol.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
just a quick question, because i couldnt find atm(+iam on my phone):
what exactly is included in remind?
there is one for 30€ and one for 40€.
it says there is a concert video included? is that VR-content or what exactly is that<?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Man, re mind goatnort has been brutal with all pro codes on.

The first time i even skipped is second DM, so had to memorize it this time around.

On the the datas.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xigbar goes down and I did it without taking any damage :D

That makes five and I have to say this is the best battle in the game so far. Anything that makes me constantly use blocking and airstepping is always a winner for me because it just looks so stylish.

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So basically I got the first phase of the Secret Boss down completely now... but still struggling with the last part of his DM and post-DM moves.

Oct 25, 2017
So guys, what KH game would I play right now if I wanted something similar to the Data battles? I have, I think, all of the KH games, and I'm played the mainline ones (1, 2 and 3), but I haven't played any of the side games (though I'm planning on it). Does Birth by Sleep have any similar hard fights? Because that is the one I was learning towards since a lot of people recommend it.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So guys, what KH game would I play right now if I wanted something similar to the Data battles? I have, I think, all of the KH games, and I'm played the mainline ones (1, 2 and 3), but I haven't played any of the side games (though I'm planning on it). Does Birth by Sleep have any similar hard fights? Because that is the one I was learning towards since a lot of people recommend it.

The non numbered titles don't feature combat as deep as the numbered titles, they're more on the RPG side.

BBS and DDD use a command deck system, which work similarly to the situation commands, except you choose a deck of command and they automatically reload after some time.
Blackout_KHBBS.gif

BBS is the game that introduced Shotlocks while DDD introduced Flowmotion.

Chain of Memories uses a card game mini game as it's combat system, every battle is about playing the right card at the right time.
Sonic_Blade_KHRECOM.gif

They all have stuff like attacking with X, guarding and dodging, but its not as snappy as 2 or 3

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
BBS has hard optional fights but they are pretty badly designed & can be more frustrating than fun & hard-but-well-thought-out challenges.

When you say you've played "all the main ones", does that mean Final Mix of 2 or just the vanilla version?

Oct 25, 2017
BBS has hard optional fights but they are pretty badly designed & can be more frustrating than fun & hard-but-well-thought-out challenges.

When you say you've played "all the main ones", does that mean Final Mix of 2 or just the vanilla version?

i played the final mix version I think — whatever is in the re-release for PS4. That being said I never tried to do any optional bosses or anything.

also thanks for the helpful post about the different games battle systems fj0823. I hope to play each and every game at some point!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
i played the final mix version I think — whatever is in the re-release for PS4. That being said I never tried to do any optional bosses or anything.

also thanks for the helpful post about the different games battle systems fj0823. I hope to play each and every game at some point!
Well, if you liked KHIII's data battles, then KHII's Final Mix included in the PS4 collection obviously has data Org XIII battles too as well as a fight against Lingering Will, and while they pale in comparison to III's visual feast & batshit craziness due to being a PS2 game originally, they are still really tightly designed and you'll probably enjoy them.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat the secret boss! What a fight.

The secret episode overall was amazing. I love the intro cutscene, amazing stage transition, the fight arena design, boss battle bgm, the boss design, the actual boss gameplay, the ending after the fight.... everything was perfect.
It's without a doubt my favorite boss battle in the entire series. Not only that, it's one of my favorite boss fight in all of videogame period.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Verum Rex
Falsus Rex

What if we Mix those words together.

Falum Rex ??? Nah
Versus Rex ??? Oh ???

I'm probably reaching.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

didn't experience the last salvo of attacks the first time around, I almost fucked up at the end good god :'v.

Oct 27, 2017
Xion down! It took me forever to get past her DM but I finally got her! Now if I can get past old man Xehanort the Risktaker trophy will be mine. Gotta give it to Square—it is such a rush when you finally get past each fight.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me what Pro Code I could Turn off to have an easier time for the Risk-Taker trophy.

I got 175 000 points for the main Story
25 000 points for Luxord.

I'm on beginner and I'm not an expert st the game.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me what Pro Code I could Turn off to have an easier time for the Risk-Taker trophy.

I got 175 000 points for the main Story
25 000 points for Luxord.

I'm on beginner and I'm not an expert st the game.

I turned off Default Status, No Defense, No Formchanges, and No Items.

May 10, 2018
Yozora down bitch!!!! Yeah it was on Proud mode but whateve, dude was still hard as hell.

Might do a critical run just to get Oblivion but I don't have any intention of facing the data battles again, at least not for the foreseeable future.