• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nice.

Hopefully the DLC will have great extra bosses.

Edit: The DLC isnt coming out in September (wish it was though).

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I legitimately forgot about this. Hoping for some footage of new bosses.

I'm so ready to get my shit pushed in by some face obscured rando whose identity won't be revealed for another half decade

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super pumped to see the new content. A look at the Limit Cut bosses and a new Keybalde would be ace.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know what this is. Is it supposed to be like Final Mix content or just new story stuff?

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know what this is. Is it supposed to be like Final Mix content or just new story stuff?
It will have additional story scenarios and bosses like past Final Mix titles. The number of bosses is said to be close to 2FM's extra bosses and it will have a Secret Episode like BBSFM that teases the next game.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I forget because I feel like there was more than 1 DLC announced. Does this add to the base game or is this an episode DLC?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I forget because I feel like there was more than 1 DLC announced. Does this add to the base game or is this an episode DLC?
Both. There's a secret episode, kinda like the secret episode from BbS and that was separate from the main game (had to load it up from the title screen), but this is also adding a new Keyblade, scenarios, and bosses to the main game itself.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine they might announce a release date with this trailer if they are still on track for a release this year (or super early next year). It's either here or Paris Game Week, I would think.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Both. There's a secret episode, kinda like the secret episode from BbS and that was separate from the main game (had to load it up from the title screen), but this is also adding a new Keyblade, scenarios, and bosses to the main game itself.
Wasn't BBS' Secret Episode accessed the same way you'd load up any of BBS' save files? I don't recall it being a separate main menu option.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't BBS' Secret Episode accessed the same way you'd load up any of BBS' save files? I don't recall it being a separate main menu option.

The BBS Final Mix Secret Episode had to be selected from a menu, yeah. The other one that was in the base game (Final Episode, I think?) was loaded like a save file from your clear save.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
That comment from Nomura... if the DLC ends up being another lead-up to a UX story update that will lead to NOTHING for the following 18 months I will boil. Like actually turn into gas.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The BBS Final Mix Secret Episode had to be selected from a menu, yeah. The other one that was in the base game (Final Episode, I think?) was loaded like a save file from your clear save.
I just booted up 1.5+2.5 to check and yeah, Secret Episode is accessed the exact same way Final Episode is.

Yeah, but you can only load save files from the title screen iirc. It wasn't a part of the game that you could load up any save file and access either.
True, though I've always chalked that up as a consequence of Birth by Sleep having to handle saves differently than just about every other game in the series because of the three character structure and the end/postgame content relying on clear data from all three character saves.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura had a message about the UX anniversary and the trailer, as well as teasing a future game(?)

It's been a while. Nomura here. Thanks to the efforts of all the staff, we have reached four years. It's also thanks to you, Keyblade Wielders all over the world. Thank you so much.

To show our gratitude, we will be distributing 4th anniversary presents for the next eight days as we count down. On the 8th and final day, we will release a new trailer for the KINGDOM HEARTS III DLC we are currently working hard on, Re Mind. We plan to drop it a little earlier than the present distribution on the final day, at midnight September 10 Japan time.

I'm very sorry, but I haven't been able to prepare my usual commemorative illustration this year. Instead, if that's the right way to describe it anyway, I have been writing more of the main scenario. I wasn't able to finish in time for the 4th anniversary, but starting October I plan to release four main story updates in a row. I'd like to show you a scene from each of the two stories that have been written so far.

Pic 1:
whaaaaa??
When I was still just a boy…

Pic 2: Your message has already been received.

Does that pique your interest?

Speaking of KH scenarios, I have finished Re Mind, and finished the first two stories for UX. As I just mentioned I plan to write two more, however, I also received a mystery request for one thing to do first. I will return to UX after. I'll just say this: that one mystery thing is related to a yet-unannounced 3rd "line" of KH…… And in the 3rd line○○○○○○○…… Does that pique your interest?

I do feel like things have settled down since the release of KHIII, but we are working steadily towards the next phase of the KH series, so I hope you continue to support KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ. The other day the UX staff came to talk to me about something mind boggling, some huge changes might be on the way. Here's a hint: "double feature."

Farewell until our next chance.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm still angry at KHIII. Regardless, I'm still gonna buy this DLC.

I still hate KHIII.

Oct 25, 2017
Aww yeah. It's been too long since we were getting new Kingdom Hearts trailers. Hoping to see more Roxas gameplay.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
What do we expect for the trailer? A release date is a given. Maybe a new world (Realm of Darkness perhaps, as the assets from 0.2 already exist)? I also 100% expect to see Data Organization, customization, more playable characters (Xion, Kairi, Lea, Mickey and Ventus, and hell, why not also Donald and Goofy?) and something regarding how Xion returned. Oathkeeper will also maybe show it's new form in detail, and it will be revealed to be dual-wielding alongside Oblivion. Finally, new areas in worlds (specially Twilight Town with Yen Sid's tower and at least the clocktower), a tease of that Secret Episode and why the hell not, SEPHIROTH!! The ultimate wish would be a Coliseum Mode in the area where Zeus is located, but I really doubt they will pull it off. Mirage Arena would work as well. I'm starting to realise I have high hopes for this DLC and I should actually keep expectation low, but who cares, as the base game is already my favorite game ever lol.