• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge_Maverick

Oct 25, 2017
Following a hands-on experience of an hour-long demo of Kingdom Hearts III, Geek.com has published an insightful review of playing the third main installation of the series from the perspective of a newcomer. In it, Tony Polanco describes his positive experience of playing through the Olympus and Toy Story demo.

While talking about the various gameplay elements, he adds in comments made by a Square Enix PR representative on what to expect from the final version of the game. He states:

In addition to the main story, players can look forward to several mini-games. One is a cooking game with Remy from Ratatouille. You must find ingredients hidden across several of the worlds and use them to create new recipes. There are 20 different old-school Tiger Toys/Game & Watch style 2D side scrolling games based on Mickey cartoons from the 1930s and 40s. Building your Gummi ship (used for traveling to each world) is pretty much a mini-game of its own. Kingdom Hearts 3 is around 40-50 hours if you stay on the critical path. Including the mini-games, players can expect 80+ hours of content.

It seems that players can advance through the game's main story in approximately 40-50 hours, or about double that time considering additional playable content.

Full interview: https://www.geek.com/games/hands-on-kingdom-hearts-3-is-fun-even-if-youve-new-to-the-series-1746047/

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-iii-will-have-80-hours-of-playable-content#ixzz5MbUFsUUE

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I hate myself for being addicted to side-quests and collectibles. Imma do it all fam

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds about right for KH games. I think that was about the amount of time I put into KH2.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's from a PR rep... So while I would love that amount of content, I wouldn't put too much weight on what PR reps say

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like those guesstimates really have nothing to do with the modern DLC-era JRPGs. Seems quaint to bring it up.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
40-50 hours has me concerned about the pacing when KH2 is half that time with horrible pacing in the story. Either there will be huuuuge lulls in the story or this game is gonna be jam packed with plot. Either way, Im effin pumped.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
In addition to the main story, players can look forward to several mini-games. One is a cooking game with Remy from Ratatouille. You must find ingredients hidden across several of the worlds and use them to create new recipes. There are 20 different old-school Tiger Toys/Game & Watch style 2D side scrolling games based on Mickey cartoons from the 1930s and 40s. Building your Gummi ship (used for traveling to each world) is pretty much a mini-game of its own.

Huh. Why is THIS the thing that sells me on the game.

Fuck it. I'm so in.

cid_drpg

Apr 28, 2018
I don´t believe it at all. Still remember how Nintendo said Skyward Sword was 100 h length. Main history will be 30-40 hours maximum.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started replaying KH1 today.

I'll likely not do a ton of the side stuff in each game as I replay them but end up doing a lot of it in 3.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
And I will gladly spend those 40-50 hours trying to finally save the BbS trio once and for all.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Yessssssss gimme more and more of this goodness the more the better
Ill be playing this game forever every single bit of it explored every nook and cranny and replay it countless times like i currently do with previous KH games

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
40-50 hours has me concerned about the pacing when KH2 is half that time with horrible pacing in the story. Either there will be huuuuge lulls in the story or this game is gonna be jam packed with plot. Either way, Im effin pumped.

I don´t believe it at all. Still remember how Nintendo said Skyward Sword was 100 h length. Main history will be 30-40 hours maximum.

This game will have the biggest worlds (=more playtime) and it's supposed to wrap up all plot threads so 40-50 hours sounds realistic. Definitely not 30 unless you're rushing...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I was already in but I'm happy to hear the content is there .

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
AWWWWWW YEAAAAH BOIIII!

No but seriously, this is incredible. Now all i need is to see a playable riku and i'll have all that I need from this game.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
30 hours of mini games?
200.gif

NAH FAM, we're getting some juicy post game boss surprises. Bring out the feast Nomura.
lol please don't make a final mix version

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was hoping for more around the 20-30 hour mark to complete the game. If the game is great I'll replay it, i dont see why companies feel the need to pad their games out so much and require 60+ hours to just get to the credits.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I dont trust Squares (or most really) times after FF15. They said the story would be 40-50 hours and it was 25 if you really stretched it.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So definitely more than 100 for me then lol. I'm getting excited y'all. I've been away from Nomuraland for a long time but my deep dive has begun. I'm studying all my KH history, refreshing myself on everybody's nobodies, and recounting every last Ansem. Hopefully by January I'll be ready.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Scumbag Nomura claimed the main story volume was 100 hours a couple of years ago. Rah rah, lies, treachery, etc!

I can't wait.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
About as much as the other games from my experience. Took me about 100+ hours to do everything I wanted in KH1 and 2 though.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
So definitely more than 100 for me then lol. I'm getting excited y'all. I've been away from Nomuraland for a long time but my deep dive has begun. I'm studying all my KH history, refreshing myself on everybody's nobodies, and recounting every last Ansem. Hopefully by January I'll be ready.

You need a recap?

Everybody was/is Sora.

Everybody was/is Ansem.

Everybody else doesn't even exist.

The fight for Kingdom Hearts is still going.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. The author of the article played the demo and made an educated guess on how long things will take to beat based on the size of the worlds and the mini-games.

I don't believe this was an official statement from Square Enix (outside of them retweeting the article a few days ago) so I'm not about to celebrate a long game.

I do believe there will be lots to do but at this stage I'm not about to put my faith in 80+ hours when going for 100%. I could be wrong in which case, yay lots to do, but I'll wait for January when reviewers will have actually gone hands on with the full thing and can give some more accurate times.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This was the perfect time for a battle royale mirage arena with all the characters for multiplayer :(

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. So either this is going to be my life for a short time or it's going to take me forever to see the conclusion. :/