• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's... MoM... I would assume it's more than a Theatrhythm spin off lol

Is Demyx ACTUALLY MoM??????

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
probably KH on Switch

doubt its music

Edit: Actually I don't see a reason why they would KH on Switch, this is probably Cross-gen Sony/Microsoft.

Oct 25, 2017
There a reason ppl think it's a rhythm game? Cuz I got this series using that name perfectly fine as a regular ol game lol

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I did wonder if this could be a concert but those have had CONCERT and ORCHESTRA in the names above any subtitles

maxresdefault.jpg

So yes please give us a KH rhythm game, it needs one badly and if they give it lore that'll be perfect

The mobile game character sprites are already perfectly suited for a Theatrhythm-like

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Don't fully agree with the ending but musical references aren't exactly unknown to the series. It could be a rhythm game but it could be another actual title

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think there's anything to the K and S being elongated in the same way the Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep logos were?

latest

It typically isn't like that:

KH3_ReM_rgb_wt_JPG.jpg.50f871b39d2b453e013b4030d2d91a93.jpg

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
didn't Nomura said the next KH is coming sooner than we think (and not referring to the mobile game) at some point?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Do we think there's anything to the K and S being elongated in the same way the Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep logos were?

1941_kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-prev.png

latest

358/2 days and Union Cross, too

SI_NDS_KingdomHearts3582Days_image1600w.jpg

330px-Kingdom_Hearts_Union_X_Logo_KHUX.png

Could be a signifier of "handheld" or mobile... Or nothing at all. Who can say with Nomura!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It must be one of Square Enix SKUs. Didn't Nomura that said there was a game closer than we think to releasing?

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

1941_kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-prev.png

latest

Days, BBS titles, orchestra logos and the mobile games use that style. (Also that isn't the DDD logo)

I don't recall there ever being a reason for it though. Coded and DDD don't use it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Days, BBS titles, orchestra logos and the mobile games use that style. (Also that isn't the DDD logo)

I don't recall there ever being a reason for it though. Coded and DDD don't use it.

Yeah just spotted the real Dream Drop Distance one

which has now got me theorizing that the smaller K and S are reserved for games that star Sora as the main playable character

1, 2, 3, Chain of Memories, Coded (yes not technically but c'mon), and Dream Drop Distance. The only exception is II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, but you could argue the shorter K and S are because Dream Drop Distance is there.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Lol, you're right. The original release doesn't use it:

1200px-Kingdom_Hearts_Dream_Drop_Distance_Logo_KH3D.png

But the HD Remix does:

Nvm, that seemed to be a fan logo too hgnn.

Maybe the logic is that anything that doesn't star Sora uses that? There... There has to be some logic to it right? RIGHT NOMURA!?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Actually I don't see a reason why they would KH on Switch, this is probably Cross-gen Sony/Microsoft.

I don't know, maybe close to 60m install base that are more familiar to the franchise than Xbox or PC? Since GBA every Nintendo handheld received a KH game and Switch is the most successful one yet. There will be a KH game on it.

Though this could be timed exclusive of straight up multiplatform future.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
a rhythm based KH game would be pretty great, KH has a ton of good music that would make for a good track list