• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So the Kingdom Hearts collections 2.8 listing has appeared on the Xbox store with a release date of the 17th of Feb and it has a 4K tag which is great to see. 1.5 and 2.5 hasn't been listed yet but imagine it will be soon. Looks like they plan to shadow drop the game a week before the KH3 DLC.

Microsoft Store Listing

Edit: Looks like it's actually the 18th, it was coming up as the 17th for me in Australia due to it releasing at 11PM on the 17th.

Last edited:

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
So the Kingdom Hearts collections 2.8 listing has appeared on the Xbox store with a release date of the 17th of Feb and it has a 4K tag which is great to see. 1.5 and 2.5 hasn't been listed yet but imagine it will be soon. Looks like they plan to shadow drop the game a week before the KH3 DLC.

Microsoft Store Listing
Nice, an entire week to catch up with the entire series and get straight into the DLC lol

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish that, with these Xbox ports, they touched up 0.2 to be on par with KH3's graphics (and pushed a patch out with that for PS4).

Great that it's coming very soon for Xbox gamers! Ridiculous that they have had to wait for so long!

Dec 25, 2018
Legit thought about getting an all digital xbox one due to all these games.

Here's to hopefully a switch port of the 1.5 and 2.5 at least.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I guess Square Enix didn't think it was worthwhile to release these games until they saw KH3's Xbox One sales?

I have no clue why it took this long for these games to release otherwise

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
This releasing straight to Gamepass or do we have to buy it?

According to Gamesradar it's not coming to Game Pass unfortunately.

Correction: Due to a miscommunication between Xbox and GamesRadar, we previously reported that that the Kingdom Hearts collection would be coming to Xbox Game Pass. While the full Kingdom Hearts series will be available on Xbox in 2020, it will not be available through Game Pass.

Edit: Don't matter to me, I'm getting the games anyway! Would be nice to have them on Game Pass of course.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Oh thank god they are coming out early in the year. Thought I would have to wait much longer.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
When is the remind DLC for Xbox?
Looks like I might've been right on them wanting to drop a bunch of KH all at once and use that to push DLC later.

if KH3 itself hits Gamepas this month. I won't be surprised.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Re mind is out on the 25th
The 25th this month.
XOwqsMJ.jpg

damn, you edited. Now this doesn't work.

Dec 25, 2018
The PS4 all in one comes out the same day. Could see an all in one bundle releasing. If it's on Xbox One for $50, that's a great deal.

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
Alright, next step is a PC port of the whole series and the gates of heaven will finally open.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I will be incredibly surprised if this is getting a physical edition, especially if it's coming out Tuesday after next. This is Square Enix we're talking about, after all; NieR Automata has already been mentioned, but there's FFX|X-2 and XII TZA as well, which were digital-only in Europe.

At most I see it getting a small physical run in North America and Europeans continuing to get shafted.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
It's about time. I've never really played the KH games(aside from like the first hour or so of KH1 on PS2), so it's cool it's finally coming to Xbox in a complete package hopefully

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. Glad they are making the games even more accessible. A step in the right direction!

Dec 25, 2018
sooo when's the all in one package? also they might hvae just made the store page so far before preorders or idk, we'll find out soon

apps.13073.13632199716185998.13299b88-5419-46be-b574-e039f0e17d14.4f541d82-d8ea-4640-873c-d1987c514cea

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I really hope they'll sell "The Story so Far" bundle, since I want all the remastered games on the Xbox. Although, it seems that was only physical for PS4, and the digital version is the "All in One" bundle which includes Kingdom Hearts 3? I already have three (not started yet), hopefully they'll release "The Story so Far" bundle digitally since the games are coming so much later to the Xbox.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they'll sell "The Story so Far" bundle, since I want all the remastered games on the Xbox. Although, it seems that was only physical for PS4, and the digital version is the "All in One" bundle which includes Kingdom Hearts 3? I already have three (not started yet), hopefully they'll release "The Story so Far" bundle digitally since the games are coming so much later to the Xbox.
They're releasing a physical all in one bundle for PS4 in March. Why they're not doing the same for Xbox is beyond me.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
I will buy it day 1 but I prefer a phisical edition but, I think, they are going to do the same as Nier Automata, World of Final Fantasy among others S-E releases on Xbox and launch it digital only.

But now it seems like the listing dissapeared, so...

Edit: the listing is still on there

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Listing is gone and there haven't been a single word from any official channels (Xbox, Square, Kingdom Hearts twitter, etc). I really hope they'll shadowdrop it tomorrow like the page listing said, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
I dont think either we'll be getting it tomorrow but...I wanna be mistaken. No news, the listing dissapeared, it seems more like someone error with a wrong date in it

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I don't understand KH numbering, my brain can't process them, so can someone explain what games are in this collection, meaining is this like the first two or three games of the series or a random collection like, KH2, KH5 and KH6?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I don't understand KH numbering, my brain can't process them, so can someone explain what games are in this collection, meaining is this like the first two or three games of the series or a random collection like, KH2, KH5 and KH6?

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 = Kingdom Hearts 1 + Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (It takes place between 1 and 2) and 358/2 days cutscene collection (Takes place between 1 and 2)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 = Kingdom Hearts 2 + Birth by Sleep (Prequel) + Re:Coded cutscene collection (Takes place after 2)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 = Dream Drop Distance (Takes place between 2 and 3), A Fragementary Passage (Takes place between Birth by Sleep and 3) and Back Cover, an animated movie telling the Story of the mobile game prequel

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 = Kingdom Hearts 1 + Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (It takes place between 1 and 2) and 358/2 days cutscene collection (Takes place between 1 and 2)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 = Kingdom Hearts 2 + Birth by Sleep (Prequel) + Re:Coded cutscene collection (Takes place after 2)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 = Dream Drop Distance (Takes place between 2 and 3), A Fragementary Passage (Takes place between Birth by Sleep and 3) and Back Cover, an animated movie telling the Story of the mobile game prequel
Thanks, helps a lot. Also what would be the best one for a newcomer, completely from a gameplay standpoint, as if the story continuity doesn't matter at all?

OP
OP
Railgun

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Listing is gone and there haven't been a single word from any official channels (Xbox, Square, Kingdom Hearts twitter, etc). I really hope they'll shadowdrop it tomorrow like the page listing said, but I'm keeping my expectations low.
Both listings said 11:00PM on the 17th here in Aus so guess we'll know in a few hours. Hoping for the shadow drop but it would be odd.
I dont think either we'll be getting it tomorrow but...I wanna be mistaken. No news, the listing dissapeared, it seems more like someone error with a wrong date in it
Both listings for 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 had the 18th date and the 1.5+2.5 listing went up after the 2.8 listing had already gone down and stayed up for nearly a day. It's definitely all weird though for sure.

In a perfect world it's going to shadow drop on Game Pass and that's what all the secrecy is about but I really doubt it haha. Will know soon

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
As cool as it would be for them to be on gamepass, i wouldn't count on it. At least not for awhile. They can make money just by listing it on the store

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Wonder if the plan is to release digitally and then physical later?
I'd be rather amazed if they felt KH physical couldn't be a thing after they even did the likes of FFX and FF12

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Both listings said 11:00PM on the 17th here in Aus so guess we'll know in a few hours. Hoping for the shadow drop but it would be odd.

Both listings for 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 had the 18th date and the 1.5+2.5 listing went up after the 2.8 listing had already gone down and stayed up for nearly a day. It's definitely all weird though for sure.

In a perfect world it's going to shadow drop on Game Pass and that's what all the secrecy is about but I really doubt it haha. Will know soon

Oh, so in 45 minutes it's supposed to go live in Australia according to the store pages that went up?

I think they already stated that the information regarding Game Pass that first came out after the announcement was incorrect, but who knows! I'm buying them if they're not included, want to play through the entire series on my X. :D

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Achievements just came online, so a shadow drop is not out of the picture: Link and Link

Also it seems it's available for purchase right now in New Zealand, so yay shadow drop!

Last edited: