• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
So I was talking about this in the demo thread, but it seems like the full data mine of the demo is out! Just be warned, MASSIVE SPOILERS WITHIN!

(also now that I see people outside of this forum linking to this thread: Make sure you credit user Reserved (don't think he's on this site), I have nothing to do with the datamine lol)

http://reserved-kirby.tumblr.com/post/171577738245/kirby-star-allies-datamine-findings-spoilers

So some summary of the big stuff I read from this. Basically, these are all text files that include new modes, and the ENTIRE script of the game!

Gameplay Spoilers

- The game seems to have a very meaty postgame. King Dedede, Metaknight, and Bandana Waddle Dee are all playable in a new metaknightmare-esque mode. You can also play as the helpers in this mode.

- The way the arena works has changed. You can die and still continue on it, but you will lose points. To make up for this, there is now a difficulty selector! Here they are:

Sweet Breeze
Mild Stroll
Zesty Expedition
Spicy Adventure
Sizzling Threat
Fiery Showdown
Infernal Crisis
Soul Melter

The last 3 are apparently unlockable difficulties. Seems like this Kirby game will have the toughest arena yet!

-There are 40 stages, and 4 worlds. First 3 are Dream Land, Pop Star, and Jambastion.

-The 4th world appears to be a planet hopping adventure similar to Super Star's milky way wishes. Dont be fooled by the 4 worlds thing, seems like this game has a reasonable amount of content, with about 45% of it being in this new final world!

-Galacta Knight comes back, well sorta...

Plot spoilers

- Seems like the basic plot is that the creature in the hood, "Hyness", is part of a cult that worships Dark Matter. He goes on an insane rant about it being his "Dark Lord"s Birthday, and seeks to revive him.

- The final boss is named Void Termina, and it seems to be the resurrection of Zero / Dark Matter. In the EX mode flavor, it seems to imply that Dark Matter is immortal in some way, and is reincarnted throughout the ages.

-Void Zero was defeated by 4 "heroes of yore" that used heart spears in the distant past. Some people are speculating that Galacta Knight is one of these heroes? This is all according to a scroll on Void Zero that the ancients (the same guys who made the Star Rod, NOVA, the master crown, etc) wrote!

-There's another one called "Morpho Knight"? Seems to be a boss that Galacta Knight summons.

The 3 mage generals are sisters, and Hyness seems to be sorta abusive to them, using them as meat puppets in his battle.

Well, after this leaks, my confidence in this game has been boosted a lot. Can't wait to play it!

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the complaints were unwarranted

Edit: wait, isn't Dream Land PART of Pop Star? How are they separate worlds?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
This sounds like... pretty much the same amount of content as the last few games? What were people concerned about, exactly?

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not reading any of the spoilers but the responses seem promising. I'm getting the game regardless.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my theory of Kirby being a cult leader wasn't exactly accurate, oh well, maybe Hal will give him a shot at being a megalomaniacal soul-sucking monster in the next game

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'm glad that I looked to the leaks because I'm now even more hyped to the game.

And it wasn't something that would change my experience at all so it's all great.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, based on this, this game seems to change the RtD formula the most, based on how the main campaign is structured as well as the Arena.

Funny how that was a complaint before

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
-It seerms like Galacta Knight was sealed by none other than Dark Matter, and it seems to have driven him crazy. Theres another one called "Morpho Knight"?

So they're making an even more powerful Galacta Knight?

How heavy is that characters theme going to be? I hope they hire Mick Gordon to do a guest track for it!

Suck & Eat, until it is done.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the worlds don't spell out a word :(

CROWNED

FLOWERED

PROGRAM

Dumb thing to complain about I know but I liked when they did it

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game answers my only issue with Kirby games being lacking in content, I imagined they finally addressed that given they're now charging a $60 entrance fee.

However, I still might hold out on the game until I hear about the difficulty of the main game, because from GameXplain has shown and said, plus what I experienced from the demo, this game feels very easy.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Im annoyed that this happened. We hardly get demos from Nintendo first party games and now that this was datamined, we might have eve less of a chance.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Aside from the KDL2 -> KDL3 -> 64 trilogy, I didn't really give a shit about Kirby lore until Planet Robobot, which surprisingly had some pretty deep ass cuts.

If those spoilers are true, then shiiiiiit, I'm in.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many total stages do Kirby games typically have? Is the 40 pretty much in line with the series?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the combinations are indeed as disappointing as they seemed they would be. I was hoping for at least a few unexpected combos.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
How many total stages do Kirby games typically have? Is the 40 pretty much in line with the series?
Doing a count from a list online RtDL had about 38, though they seemed to count Boss stages as a level as well and those were just the fight itself. I haven't watched a lot of previews of the bosses but if they play similar to the demo where there's a stage leading up to the fight then it's 2 more than that, and then some with the extra bit of content in those respective levels.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
What? Did you forget about glorious Dark Matter? We have been waiting for its return since Return to Dreamland.
I hope this won't dissapoint

I was talking about the people who played the demo and came to the conclusion that this game was going to be two hours long for some silly reason.

Everything shown in the leak makes it very clear that this is Kumazaki Kirby #4 with very few surprises or novelties (aside from 30FPS, unfortunately).

Im annoyed that this happened. We hardly get demos from Nintendo first party games and now that this was datamined, we might have eve less of a chance.

I feel like this specific type of datamining has spoiled every Kirby game since the Wii game, I don't know what it is about Kirby that does it but it keeps happening.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a count from a list online RtDL had about 38, though they seemed to count Boss stages as a level as well and those were just the fight itself. I haven't watched a lot of previews of the bosses but if they play similar to the demo where there's a stage leading up to the fight then it's 2 more than that, and then some with the extra bit of content in those respective levels.

Oh, ok. Sounds like a good amount then.

OP
OP
Theorymon

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Plot is important to people in Kirby games?

I know this is gonna sound silly, but Kirby games have had a continuity for a while. However, every since Return to Dreamland, they've had a pretty indepth lore in the series, mainly revolving around an ancient civilization that made stuff like the Star Rod and the NOVA unit from Superstar.

Triple Deluxe had some fucked up plot beats hidden away (such as the final boss being corrupted by the amazing mirror into a parasitic monster), but it was Planet Robobot that went big with the ancients again, by making the final boss a new NOVA unit.

Seems like this game is just going even further by explaining the origins behind a popular enemy in the franchise!

To be clear though, its not like the games text dumps you that much. A lot of it is hidden in boss descriptions in the arena and such, or is revealed in interviews after the game. Kirby lore is a side thing, but its a cool bonus regardless, if only for how unexpectedly dark it gets!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I have to say I like where that plot is going; specifically with regards to
bringing back Zero/Dark Matter, the one actual recurring villain of the series, and the one I like the most. Though that might just be because my first game in the series was 64, lol

Unfortunately, the actual gameplay bored me pretty immediately, so I'll just have to watch the cutscenes on YouTube I guess.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to enter more on the lore of Kirby. I played all of them but never got too profound on it. lol

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that it seems

Magolor

Was scrapped as a playable character :(

I wonder if he appears anywhere else

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I'm sure the story will be good so I won't spoil myself but what about the mini games and stuff like Arena and True Arena? Are they confirmed to be back?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the story will be good so I won't spoil myself but what about the mini games and stuff like Arena and True Arena? Are they confirmed to be back?
Yes, but the Arena has been restructured vastly.

Seems like it could be for the better, but it's hard to say. I hope the Allies aren't required for it

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That all sounds good.

I'm liking the arena stuff in particular.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Meh. I'm a sucker for leaks. Can't resist it's siren call.

All in all, the game is looking better with every piece of info that gets released.

Playing this in co-op with my sis is going to be a blast.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Now I am assured that I will love this.

I love Kirby's lore since Robobot!

The plot of Planet Robobot is actually very tragic. I just take this excerpt from Kirby fan Wiki and leave it in the room.

By looking through various bio cards of both President Haltmann and Susie (2.0 as well), a story behind the main plot can be revealed. One of these is that Haltmann and his daughter, who was named Susanna, initially worked together to reactivate Star Dream However, an accident happened causing Susanna to vanish into another dimension. It is unclear what this accident was, however it is implied heavily that Haltmann thought she was dead. The helmet used to control Star Dream caused him to lose his memories bit by bit, so when Susie came back, he somewhat recognized her, but did not realize she was his daughter anymore.
Though he tried to bring Susanna back to life with Star Dream, it proved to be a fruitless effort. This is most likely due to her not actually having died.

-quote end-

I guess this is why NOVA has an error message in the final boss fight, when it counts down from 3 to 0 to grant a wish?

I need more of this stuff!

OP
OP
Theorymon

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more disappointed in the complete lack of
Adeline. I thought the Artist power meant she was making a comeback!

Not part of this leak, but we already know that Adeline at least makes a cameo appearance in one of the puzzle pieces, probably in the picture that represents the dark matter trilogy. It's not much, but the game at least acknowledges her (and Ribbon as well).

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well sounds like my faith in the game has totally been restored.

I was still buying it but I was a bit let down by the demo, arena seems hype!

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Not part of this leak, but we already know that Adeline at least makes a cameo appearance in one of the puzzle pieces, probably in the picture that represents the dark matter trilogy. It's not much, but the game at least acknowledges her (and Ribbon as well).

I know, but I was hoping she'd finally show up in some tangible way. If she hasn't shown up in this demo's datamine, I doubt she's showing up proper.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Going off description alone, it would seem Morpho Knight is them bringing back a scrapped Super Star Meta Knight design

0IjTSbj.jpg

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super down.

Cant wait to spend some comfy nights going through that mode as all 4 characters and then picking my favorite helper to play as after that.