• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Imagine feeling so threatened by Kirby that you muck up a thread about its success just so you can envision a scenario where it will fail (or at least not help Nintendo).

What?

You have misunderstood. I have already mentioned Microsoft's 'poor publishing practices', I don't think the Kirby IP would do very well under them at all. Personally, I think them trying to attain the Kirby IP is a terrible move considering they could just invest in their own platformer; but that still doesn't push aside the realities of the industry and Microsoft's tendency to fork out for things that they don't need.

Did you see all of the studios they got recently? A lot of them aren't great acquisitions on paper.

Kirby is basically review proof and hits a million no matter what (unless you're Rainbow Curse).

Perfect for Microsoft then, no?

My initial valuation at US4.5 B was clearly atrocious, don't get me wrong, but I still think MS might go for the IP.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another Kirby game, another million seller.

HAL Laboratory are one of the only studios in the world that can rinse an IP and keep it popular, making them invaluable for Microsoft's inevitable acquisition of the Kirby IP.

Why would HAL want to leave Nintendo? Especially after how things went down with Rare.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?

You have misunderstood. I have already mentioned Microsoft's 'poor publishing practices', I don't think the Kirby IP would do very well under them at all. Personally, I think them trying to attain the Kirby IP is a terrible move considering they could just invest in their own platformer; but that still doesn't push aside the realities of the industry and Microsoft's tendency to fork out for things that they don't need.

Did you see all of the studios they got recently? A lot of them aren't great acquisitions on paper.

Perfect for Microsoft then, no?

My initial valuation at US4.5 B was clearly atrocious, don't get me wrong, but I still think MS might go for the IP.

So, we're just entertaining you and all you have to offer is just "it's my gut"?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Please stop running absurd jokes into the ground. Please stop derailing the thread over said jokes. Let's all get back on topic.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
deleted. ms is not going to buy kirby
Well damn.

Too bad I wasn't a part of this. Fucking sold out when I went to get it on launch day!

Still meaning to get it. I wanted it to be my first Kirby game :(

I didn't know Kirby could sell so well.
its a charming game but really easy. if you have kids or nephews/nieces that you can play with go ahad.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't bought it, but am planning on it. But great numbers so far!

610k more compared to the last results. Crazy legs so far.
tenor.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Easily going to be the best selling Kirby game. Holiday boost is to be crazy.

You think it's gonna pass 5 million? No chance!

It'll probably become the second best selling game though. Pretty great result for what is a pretty mediocre entry in the series really (the Modern Kirby Trilogy was leagues better than Star Allies; the latter isn't even close).

Livia

Banned
Feb 9, 2018
Bergen
I dont want to shit on Kirby or anything, cause I really think the games are charming and fun. But they played the safe card with this entry. Why couldn't they have change up the formula, like they did with 3DS games? Or why not Air Ride 2? Seeing how Nintendo has drasticly changed the formula of both Zelda and Mario, it would be cool to have that happen to Kirby aswell..

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I dont want to shit on Kirby or anything, cause I really think the games are charming and fun. But they played the safe card with this entry. Why couldn't they have change up the formula, like they did with 3DS games? Or why not Air Ride 2? Seeing how Nintendo has drasticly changed the formula of both Zelda and Mario, it would be cool to have that happen to Kirby aswell..

I don't blame them since it was their first HD game, developpement can get pretty rough for an unexperienced team. The next one will probably be more ambitious/original.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do think it can legit do 3-4.5 million if they keep adding dream friends + more levels till 1 year anniversary.

Game is shaping up to very nice status now with all the free updates.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with Kirby being a quality 2D platformer. There aren't many with this level of production.

Next title just need some Triple Deluxe/Robobot-like levels and it's perfect.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if yoshi has the potential to become a big, kirby-tier hit too. it's launching around the same time as kirby did next year. they do have to give it post launch support, and i hope the delay means they're going to give good-feel time to work on it to make sure it's a packed game.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if yoshi has the potential to become a big, kirby-tier hit too. it's launching around the same time as kirby did next year. they do have to give it post launch support, and i hope the delay means they're going to give good-feel time to work on it to make sure it's a packed game.
Yoshi's WW did like 1.4M and it was a Wii U game. The next one will surely beat it.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the next kirby game is a 3d platformer. They've been playing with the idea on the world map and that mini game section in robo-bot.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
I hope the next kirby game is a 3d platformer. They've been playing with the idea on the world map and that mini game section in robo-bot.

This is my hope too, especially after
that incredible final boss battle in Star Allies.

Given how successful Odyssey was and how Kirby has always been more about exploration and experimenting with cool abilities than platforming, a 3D collectathon just seems like a natural fit.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you like Kirby games, this one is practically a love letter to fans. So many deep lore cuts. I audibly squealed when Rick the hamster was revealed.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Star Allies was fun, and i'm glad to see this franchise remain a strong seller.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Star Allies is probably my most played Kirby game ever now thanks to Guest Star, so I'm loving these news.

Also hope it means we get the next Kirby game sooner rather than later.