• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
(Edit: could a mod fix the typo in the title for me? Thanks.)

A datamine for a Kirby Star Allies update revealed data for seven characters:

Most of these were expected, but Dark Meta Knight and The Three Mages (Francisca, Flamberge, and Zan Partizanne) are some nice wildcards. I imagine the Mages will be a three-in-one deal like the Dream Land 2 trio.

Should these all come into fruition, I'm excited to see Adeleine after all this time! I wonder how much from the Paint ability she'll borrow? I imagine Dark Meta Knight will also share assets with Meta Knight but with some cool new moves.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YES! My boy Daroach! :D
latest

I never would have expected him to be in Wave 2, if at all!

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Yes on all accounts except for Dark Meta Knight which is kinda lame. Daroach, Magolor, Susie, the Generals... Star Allies keeps winning.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to play as all these characters is one of the coolest things about Star Allies. Cool to see they're adding more.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo uhhh, the 3 mages coming. Could they also be adding any additional story elements with them? I know they have used them a ton for marketing on their Twitter along with Waddle Dee in giving news and information in pictures.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty cool for all but Dark Meta Knight, rather Galacta Knight instead. I understand its to rep Amazing Mirror though.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
They're releasing even more??

Will this come with new stages, seeing how bare the final product was?

P.S. Adeleine is so cute and I want her for myself.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
ADELEINE YESSSSSSSSSSS

Totally called Daroach. I bet his moveset'll have some stuff from the Staff ability.

Dark Meta Knight is probably the most surprising. Wonder if they'll give him some of his Triple Deluxe boss attacks.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Soooo uhhh, the 3 mages coming. Could they also be adding any additional story elements with them? I know they have used them a ton for marketing on their Twitter along with Waddle Dee in giving news and information in pictures.
They'll have new story and Guest Star profiles at least, but it makes me wonder if they might actually add a new story stage (the first update added quite a few new areas for the Guest Star modes of the 3 new characters - this datamine also is specifically about these upcoming characters having new Guest Star stages too).

OP
OP
MrSaturn99

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Well this topic happened.

Sup!

YES! My boy Daroach! :D
latest

I never would have expected him to be in Wave 2, if at all!

I saw him coming. Not a huge fan of Squeak Squad but he's a cool character in his own right.

Being able to play as all these characters is one of the coolest things about Star Allies. Cool to see they're adding more.

Seriously. I find it the weakest of the recent sidescrolling Kirby games but the Guest Stars mode keeps me coming back for more.

I hope so! Their abrupt exit left me wanting more; I wanted to see some closure.

Any info on new stages?

Just the opening stage data. I imagine it'll be like the other three where the first level is redesigned as according to their respective games.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Oh shit, Taranza might come with a Moonstruck Blossom or Sullied Grace remix for Guest Star Mode. That'd be fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
So one friend per mainline game? That's neat.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Rick/Kine/Coo
Kirby Super Star - Marx
Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Gooey
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Adeline
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - Dark Meta Knight
Kirby: Squeak Squad - Daroach
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Magolor
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Taranza
Kirby: Planet Robobot - Susie
Kirby Star Allies - Jambastion Mages

I count Dedede and Meta Knight as reps for Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Adventure. :P

Last edited:

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish Brawl in the Family was still an active comic.

Would've love see the reaction to this.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
WHOOOOO! ADELEINE!!!

latest

I hope a new "Brawl in the Family" comic is made when she's announced.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So one friend per mainline game? That's neat.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - Rick/Kine/Coo
Kirby Super Star - Marx
Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Gooey
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Adeline
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - Dark Meta Knight
Kirby: Squeak Squad - Daroach
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Magolor
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Taranza
Kirby: Planet Robobot - Susie
Kirby Star Allies - Jambastion Mages

I count Dedede and Meta Knight as reps for Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Adventure. :P
Sounds good to me. They should also bring in the side games too like Epic Yarn.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually curious if Susie will be in her mech or not.

Only sad thing for me is Dark Meta Knight over Galacta Knight, but that makes sense as a pick for Amazing Mirror.

I also wish Prince Fluff made it in, too! Would be a unique moveset, for sure.

Daroach I wasn't expecting! Excited to see how he plays. Adeline was one of the ones I hoped for, so I'm happy for that :)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I'm sure many people predicted these given the trend of 1 rep per game, but the confirmation is so sweet!