• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume he is going to be a VP for one of them, but if he decided to run, hes got my vote.
If Biden gets the nom no way Beto gets the VP pick. There's no universe where the democrat party in 2020 decides to body Trump (of all people) out of the presidency with two white men in their ticket.

Like I said previously it'll be Beto and Kamala for VP but the other way around I'd be ok with.

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Honesly this is my first time hearing about her but im excited to learn more about her and her platform. Good to see that while Hillary may have lost she was key in paving the way to a female in office.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Everyone really is running Goddamn.
Preview of the Democrat Primaries:
PBF258-Honk.png

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I wish her the best but that Colbert snippet was painfully awkward and forced.

Crazy to have so many announcements but I guess Warren really forced people's hands. This primary is going to be wild.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
She's my top choice at the moment. It'll be interesting to see where her campaign goes. I think she could be a decent socdem president if we win the Senate considering how far she's tacked to the left over the past few years.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm skeptical about her right now. Open to having my mind changed.

Before she entered politics, she was a service partner at a big law firm. Her clients were almost all big tobacco. If she were able to work at Chadbourne & Parke, she could've probably easily gotten a job elsewhere in the private sector. That she was cool repping that kind of clientele seems to indicate the public interest was a really low priority in her pre-political life. She comes from a family of prominent NY Democrats, so did she just trip into running for office? I don't see any evidence she had some burning passion for public service.

She started out a "Blue Dog" Democrat. Staunch centrist. Then Bernie took off during the last election. The burgeoning Me Too movement. And she started shifting to the left and taking more progressive positions. Good for her for reading the tea leaves, I guess. But she hasn't communicated (to my satisfaction, at least) what animated this change. It looks like it's mostly political maneuvering.

For those who really like her, why do you like her so much? I'm trying to learn more.

She took more progressive positions once she stopped being a representative of a Bush/McCain district and was the representative of the entire state.

LBJ went from an open segregationist to giving one of the greatest speeches in favor of Civil Rights in history.

I also don't think it's a terrible thing to not be only interested in politics and adjusting your views to account for that every day of your life.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she the one that couldn't understand AOCs popularity and why people were behind her? If this is the case, she seems like she may be out of touch a bit.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She really is the perfect VP candidate. I dont think she had enough of a base with people like Beto running to win

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
She took more progressive positions once she stopped being a representative of a Bush/McCain district and was the representative of the entire state.

Her congressional district went for Bush but not McCain. Around the time she got elected into the House, her district supported Obama. But still, it's a good point. The Capital District of NY may lean Democrat, but it's probably more moderate than downstate. There's definitely a difference in constituencies when it comes to serving as a Congressperson vs a Senator.

LBJ went from an open segregationist to giving one of the greatest speeches in favor of Civil Rights in history.

I also don't think it's a terrible thing to not be only interested in politics and adjusting your views to account for that every day of your life.

Yeah transformations are possible.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With all the Beto hype, I have to ask if he's interested in the job? Because I haven't seen him heavily imply his intent the same way Biden/Kamala/Gillibrand have/had been telegraphing.
It has been reported he plans to wait till March to announce as he doesn't need to quickly hire a fundraising team like the other candidates do.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
She knows which way the wind blows before everyone else. She's going to be a force whether people recognize it or not.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait it's JILL-a-brand and not Gill-a-brand? This is the 2nd time this week I've been rocked by the sudden realization I have mispronounced a politicians name for a long long time.

I thought Kamala Harris was pronounced Kuh-MAH-Lah like the WWF wrestler from the 80s and then this week I saw a video with her and it turns out it actually rhymes with Pamela...

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many people running is that?

ANNOUNCED/EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE:
Julian Castro
John Delaney
Tulsi Gabbard
Kirsten Gillibrand
Jay Inslee
Richard Ojeda
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Yang

UNANNOUNCED BUT OBVIOUSLY RUNNING
Joe Biden
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Kamala Harris
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O'Rourke
Bernie Sanders

Plus some others (Bloomberg, Hickenlooper, Garcetti, etc.)

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on this train.
The more people complain about Al Franken, the more I like her.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ANNOUNCED/EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE:
Julian Castro
John Delaney
Tulsi Gabbard
Kirsten Gillibrand
Jay Inslee
Richard Ojeda
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Yang

UNANNOUNCED BUT OBVIOUSLY RUNNING
Joe Biden
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Kamala Harris
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O'Rourke
Bernie Sanders

Plus some others (Bloomberg, Hickenlooper, Garcetti, etc.)
Where's Oprah?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fuck are these debates gonna look like.

They'll weed out people by requiring them to hit a certain number in polls to be on stage. I'd imagine the initial debates will probably look something like:

Joe Biden
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
Jay Inslee
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O'Rourke
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders

less

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any fond preference for Gillibrand but it doesn't hurt to have her run and I'll certainly vote for her if she is the nominee.

the fuck are these debates gonna look like.

A chaotic mess that will have Trump be its most dedicated watcher and tweeter! Expect to see a billion tweets mocking the candidates as they debate.