• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying Sky FC too. On a related matter, a certain "Bard" has just joined my team.

"Olivier Lenheim" is actually Prince Olivert, right?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Chapter 1 in SC.
I understand now why many people recommend play the Sky trilogy before Cold Steel. Obviously from some sidequests I knew Bleublanc was a thing but I didn't think I'd see him in person so soon. My reaction to seeing him in CS would've probably been more than just "who's this nerd".

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I understand now why many people recommend play the Sky trilogy before Cold Steel. Obviously from some sidequests I knew Bleublanc was a thing but I didn't think I'd see him in person so soon. My reaction to seeing him in CS would've probably been more than just "who's this nerd".

Oh yes, definitely. In fact, the reason "haHA" was harrassing you in the CS games to begin with was because he wanted to troll you-know-who by proxy. And it was all because of the scene you just saw.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Got Tita again! Now comes the difficult part of who to keep in my party. I swapped out Kloe for Olivier because he has so much ATS and he's got some ok Crafts, although I do love the STR/DEF reduction one of Kloe's craft does...anyway Tita is quite behind in level, she's like LV40 but the rest of my group is 50-51, thankfully it won't take long to get her up to speed level wise and she has the ever so useful move that frequently Blind enemies.

I know I shouldn't say that but sorry for the frequent "update" to my playthrough. This serie...I just experienced it for the first time with Cold Steel last month yet it quickly became one of my favorite JRPG franchise, I can't believe i've slept on it for so long. Usually when I finish playing loooong games I just take a few days break before moving to the next one but it didn't take me long to go from CSI to Sky FC and I immediatly dove into Sky SC as soon as credits rolled. I expect to end up doing the same with 3rd, then Zero, then CSII and finally Ao before waiting for CSIII...

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
Got Tita again! Now comes the difficult part of who to keep in my party. I swapped out Kloe for Olivier because he has so much ATS and he's got some ok Crafts, although I do love the STR/DEF reduction one of Kloe's craft does...anyway Tita is quite behind in level, she's like LV40 but the rest of my group is 50-51, thankfully it won't take long to get her up to speed level wise and she has the ever so useful move that frequently Blind enemies.

I know I shouldn't say that but sorry for the frequent "update" to my playthrough. This serie...I just experienced it for the first time with Cold Steel last month yet it quickly became one of my favorite JRPG franchise, I can't believe i've slept on it for so long. Usually when I finish playing loooong games I just take a few days break before moving to the next one but it didn't take me long to go from CSI to Sky FC and I immediatly dove into Sky SC as soon as credits rolled. I expect to end up doing the same with 3rd, then Zero, then CSII and finally Ao before waiting for CSIII...
"Sorry" LOL. I dunno about the others, but I always find reading/hearing people's experiences with the games very entertaining, particularly those who play the series out of order.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
One difference between FC and SC (as well as 3rd) is that Shining Poms (the hard-to-kill-with-anything-other-than-S-crafts-and-Shadow-Spear-monsters who give insane experience and sepith) no longer appear as stand-alone monsters on the field, but randomly accompany certain monster formations in certain areas. (if you hit those formations and no shining poms accompany them, you can run away, engage them again and have another try) This is one of the ways in which you can get previously benched characters up-to-date faster. One of those monster formations is, I believe, the metal rabbits outside the southern entrance of the city.

Because of the level scaling, one of those encounters might just be enough to instantly get your newest addition on the same level as the rest. (it's always fun when a behind-the-curve character gets a 9999 experience boost)

In terms of casters, I believe their Ats-stat is usually similar when they're at the same level. One of them is just about versatility because of a flexible orbment with only one elemental-constrained slot. The other is about raw power to contrast a more restrictive orbment because most of the equipment that gives big boosts to the Ats-stat you eventually get is gender-exclusive and with it each offensive art they lay down, even the more basic ones, hits like a mini-nuke.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017

Nothing to be sorry about, keep the updates comin!

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Half the fun of being a Trails vet is vicariously living through the reactions of new people's first playthrough.

The other half is painfully waiting for the next entry to drop

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Who dis nerd

haHAH

Why he laughing like this

I think the main motivation why to play Sky first comes a bit later. You played both Cold Steel games before this?

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018

It didn't make much difference to me to play Cold Steel 1 first, in this regard. Cold Steel 1 does a pretty good job of introducing the Phantom Thief premise. By the time I encountered him in Sky, I was like "Not this guy again," which is how I've reacted to him in all of his subsequent obnoxious appearances. I would have learned to hate him all the same if I'd played the series in the normal order.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Side quests involving this nerd is one of my favorite things about this series.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Who dis nerd

haHAH

Why he laughing like this

I think the main motivation why to play Sky first comes a bit later. You played both Cold Steel games before this?
Only Cold Steel 1, i'm waiting for CSII on PS4 next month!
EDIT: Also it's pleasant to see the feedback from people just reading the experience of others, you folks are great.

Last edited:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also looking to get in on the Sky train. Been meaning to do so for over year since finishing CS2 and time is quickly running out to get through all three games before CS3.

Only thing I'm wondering is if I should be looking out for some sort of summary of the Crossbell games? I'll likely end up doing so before CS3 anyway and I'm wondering if I should do it now instead.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also looking to get in on the Sky train. Been meaning to do so for over year since finishing CS2 and time is quickly running out to get through all three games before CS3.

Only thing I'm wondering is if I should be looking out for some sort of summary of the Crossbell games? I'll likely end up doing so before CS3 anyway and I'm wondering if I should do it now instead.

Play Sky first. Zero's fan translation is supposed to be finished before CS3 so you should be able to play that too. Ao's current fan translation is apparently decent so you could follow up with that, or settle for a summary.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Chapter 2 in SC!
I met Walter in that dungeon under Elmo's village, just as he was about to smack us here comes Zin and Kloe to save the day! Glad to see the big guy again! Looks like Grancel is next and Tita/Zin are coming along! Picking a party is getting increasingly harder...i'd bring them all but alas!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Finished Chapter 2 in SC!
I met Walter in that dungeon under Elmo's village, just as he was about to smack us here comes Zin and Kloe to save the day! Glad to see the big guy again! Looks like Grancel is next and Tita/Zin are coming along! Picking a party is getting increasingly harder...i'd bring them all but alas!

Seeing that you just got off Cold Steel 1, you should ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY put Kloe and Olivier in your party when visiting the Erbe Royal Villa. SC has a very neat piece of Cold Steel foreshadowing that's only there if they're the ones accompanying Estelle during that section.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing that you just got off Cold Steel 1, you should ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY put Kloe and Olivier in your party when visiting the Erbe Royal Villa. SC has a very neat piece of Cold Steel foreshadowing that's only there if they're the ones accompanying Estelle during that section.
I shall keep that in mind!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
So have all of Class VII voice actors other than Millium been confirmed to be the same now? They're all up on the site but I can't listen at work

I have no idea whether Crow is still alive or not but I suspect he will be

Beyond those I guess the only character that would really feel weird with a new voice is Sharon

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
New Class 7 voices are pretty good. I like Musse's a lot. Glad to see Altina's VA reprised her role as well.

So have all of Class VII voice actors other than Millium been confirmed to be the same now? They're all up on the site but I can't listen at work

I have no idea whether Crow is still alive or not but I suspect he will be

Beyond those I guess the only character that would really feel weird with a new voice is Sharon

In terms of the bigger returning voices, we still don't know if Towa's VA is back, though afaik she previously expressed interest in reprising her role.

Most importantly though, no Dubee, no buy

kOvRnas.png

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
New Class 7 voices are pretty good. I like Musse's a lot. Glad to see Altina's VA reprised her role as well.

In terms of the bigger returning voices, we still don't know if Towa's VA is back, though afaik she previously expressed interest in reprising her role.

Most importantly though, no Dubee, no buy

kOvRnas.png
Oh my god, we lost Millium already, Aidios please, let OG Dobully come back

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked up the Duvalie voice actor:

Hifumi in Persona 5
Estelle in Tales of Vesperia
Handler in Monster Hunter World
Hitomi in Dead or Alive series
Devola/Popola in Nier and Automata
Genny in Fire Emblem Echoes
Iris in FFXV
Marie in Persona 4
Sumia in Fire Emblem Awakening
Sherry in RE6
Luna in Lunar:SSH

Never picked up on any of these being the same person :o

Oct 25, 2017
Eden Riegel is really really talented. Shes also really private. Doesnt do cons or anything, so I wouldnt expect an announcement from her or anything.

Shes still quite active and reprises roles (Just reprised Hitomi in DOA6). So she should be back.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

Hifumi in Persona 5
Iris in FFXV
Marie in Persona 4
Sherry in RE6

Damn, I had no idea she had all that under her belt. Can't say I recognized her in the 5 games of that list that I played. Pretty cool.

CS3 isn't much of an upgrade in terms of visuals is it?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Compared to CS1 / CS2? I'd say it definitely is. It simply doesn't reach Squenix levels of visuals, but that will never happen regardless.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Compared to CS1 / CS2? I'd say it definitely is. It simply doesn't reach Squenix levels of visuals, but that will never happen regardless.

Especially when you compare CS3's visuals to CS1/2 back when they were still only on PS3/Vita.

Edit: Youtube and especially Twitter video compression is also all kinds of bleh

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

It's probably because I've seen CS1 running on PC that it doesn't seem like it. Shadow quality was one of the biggest issues on PS3 and those look way better. IQ and texture filtering too.
Environments still look just as blocky though and animations still seem pretty stiff. Oh well, we aren't in it for the graphics anyway lol.

Took a look at some pics of CSIV and there seems to be a noticeable upgrade over CSIII.

Last edited:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Play Sky first. Zero's fan translation is supposed to be finished before CS3 so you should be able to play that too. Ao's current fan translation is apparently decent so you could follow up with that, or settle for a summary.
Sounds good. I'm glad that I don't need to bounce around.

Now the question is if I can even manage the 3 Sky games before CS3.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Playing zero on PC

Anyone else have the sound cut out for an instant every now and then?

Anyone else have a flicker occur sporadically?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
There's no need to worry about being all caught up before CS3 drops, take your time and post reactions for us to vicariously live through
No rush. If you start now you have plenty of time. :D

And yes post your reactions in here please.
Yeah I'll definitely try to avoid rushing too much so that I don't burn out or have a lesser experience.

And I'll be sure to post reactions once I actually start.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Playing zero on PC

Anyone else have the sound cut out for an instant every now and then?

Anyone else have a flicker occur sporadically?

Where abouts did you buy it from? I remember someone posting a link a while back but the site was really difficult to navigate and all I could see was hentai games. Can Ao be bought legally at all or is it best we don't talk about that?

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Where abouts did you buy it from? I remember someone posting a link a while back but the site was really difficult to navigate and all I could see was hentai games. Can Ao be bought legally at all or is it best we don't talk about that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/7jee3m/how_to_legally_buy_zero_no_kiseki_trails_to_zero/

Ao is also possible to obtain legally, but it's a whole separate, much more complicated beast that someone smarter than me might be able to help you with.

Oct 27, 2017

Hifumi in Persona 5
Iris in FFXV
Marie in Persona 4
Sherry in RE6

Eden Riegel shows up in all my favourite games these days. AFAIK, Estelle was her very first voice acting gig.