• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
And there it is, last part of chapter 2 in Ao. Things happening.

I was expecting the terrorist attacks to be part of Crois' plan but the scenes didn't really indicate that was the case. Seemed more likely that both Osborne and Rocksmith let the terrorists play into their own hands. And holy shit people actually died in a Trails game, maybe more casualties in that one scene than the entire Erebonian civil war, lol.

Regarding Cold Steel, I guess the railway gun attack was an entirely separate plan. The ILF terrorist comments indicate they weren't aware of it. Don't remember the comments about it from Cold Steel.

But yeah that chapter is probably getting some retcons in the Kai port, however minor.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And there it is, last part of chapter 2 in Ao. Things happening.

I was expecting the terrorist attacks to be part of Crois' plan but the scenes didn't really indicate that was the case. Seemed more likely that both Osborne and Rocksmith let the terrorists play into their own hands. And holy shit people actually died in a Trails game, maybe more casualties in that one scene than the entire Erebonian civil war, lol.

Regarding Cold Steel, I guess the railway gun attack was an entirely separate plan. The ILF terrorist comments indicate they weren't aware of it. Don't remember the comments about it from Cold Steel.

But yeah that chapter is probably getting some retcons in the Kai port, however minor.
i'm looking forward to see towa murder gideon

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
What a day to announce Cold Steel IV for the west.

www.gameinformer.com

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Announced For North America

PS4 users get admission first in the fall, followed by Switch and PC players in 2021.
*looks at calendar*
giphy.gif

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying CS3, I already like it more than CS1&2 even though I've only played a handful of hours.
Also, I can't believe the first time you meet
Shirley is while looking for a lost cat. That's hilarious. She comes across as much more composed and mature in that scene though but I guess it's just a front. Can't believe she didn't go for Juna's boobs.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was obvious! But hey, they did announce a PC version in advance this time, so they get props from me.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
So CSIV was just announced for the West which is amazing. I have a question about CSIII, how much worse is the PS4 version compared to PC? I'm debating if I should get CSIII on PS4 so I can get CSIV earlier or go for the PC versions.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I doubt I'll have much free time to play Cold Steel 4 if it comes out in September or October, but I'll definitely pre-order a copy, regardless. On a side note, I'm glad that NISA ditched the stupid Engrish subtitle, "The End of Saga": clearly, NISA has grown as a localization company by leaps and bounds over the past year.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Almost seems a little too soon, they've must have been working on both simultaneously at some point.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Almost seems a little too soon, they've must have been working on both simultaneously at some point.
Falcom probably expected them to handle the games the same way XSEED did, CS1 and 2 were less than a year apart since their localization efforts overlapped. It wouldn't make sense for Falcom to bail on one company and then agree to worse licensing terms with the new company. NISA's extra ports and better marketing and whatever else don't mean anything if they aren't actually releasing the games.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018

If anything, I thought NISA would have announced the game sooner, so it doesn't seem that soon to me. The timing of the announcement, during a pandemic and on April Fool's Day, is definitely odd, although I'm happy for any positive news right now.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope now that they catched up so to speak we finally get those Kai ports for Crossbell next.
Those aren't even out in Japan yet, and Falcom doesn't seem to even begin thinking about localization before releasing first. Add to that the time required to translate it, and I doubt we would hear about them before 2022. And that's a best case scenario

Oct 27, 2017
Those aren't even out in Japan yet, and Falcom doesn't seem to even begin thinking about localization before releasing first. Add to that the time required to translate it, and I doubt we would hear about them before 2022. And that's a best case scenario

Hey man, can you at least keep me dreaming? I mean the script is already there, it's not like they can't start working on it now if they decide to do an international release.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that at least we know the PC version will come, but it's still annoying having to wait longer. Anyway, I will be able to finish CSIII knowing that I will see the end of the arc eventually, so that's great!

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I plan on buying CS4 on PC and Switch (the latter for the sweet LE and portability). Don't really mind waiting a bit longer than the PS4 crowd, though it is a shame that we can't enjoy and discuss it at the same time.

On chapter 1 of Ao now, and lol at Noel's audible disappointment when I opted to walk instead of taking the car. I wonder if it's too late to backtrack and let her drive. I love these characters.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
What a day to announce Cold Steel IV for the west.

www.gameinformer.com

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Announced For North America

PS4 users get admission first in the fall, followed by Switch and PC players in 2021.
Wow. Really sad switch Is 2021 but i will wait for It if ps4 release Is near year end or botw2 comes on 2020.
Because cs3 demo runs really good on switch and i play portable a lot more. Any thread about cs4 west on era?

Oct 27, 2017
Just when I complained that we never get to beat up the enforcers that battle with
The Steel Maiden with Aurelia as guest
came along. That shit was cathartic.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Really sad switch Is 2021 but i will wait for It if ps4 release Is near year end or botw2 comes on 2020.
Because cs3 demo runs really good on switch and i play portable a lot more. Any thread about cs4 west on era?

www.resetera.com

Trails of Cold Steel IV releasing this fall on PS4 (Switch, PC in 2021)

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2020/04/01/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv-announced-for-north-america?amp&__twitter_impression=true

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
played through the prologue of Ao

so far not having all the qol and technical stuff from Zero has been more of an adjustment than the translation which has been a bit distracting in spots(seeing section one instead of first division for example) but mostly manageable so far

edit: did some npc rounds in chapter 1 and can definitely feel a big difference with the translation when it comes to that

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Chapter 3 of Cold Steel 3....what the fuck at that last scene!! This game I swear.

I did not see George being a damn spy.....and wtf with Crow's "corpse". Man I can't wait to play chapter 4.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I really hope NIS localises/ports Zero/Ao.

I would love to play Zero again with, if possible, all the voices, talking arts and musics from Evo.
Zero and Ao Evo are part of my favourite rpg ever.
Really want to get them on Switch.

I'm avoiding any Hajimari content. A friend just told me a "narration" aspect that he thought I would love because I'm a big fan of Suikoden 3.
So I kind of have some good hopes for it.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm going to be stuck trying to figure out how beat this boss at the beginning of Azure chapter 4 for a while. Really annoying just because of the 5 minute time limit. Easy apart from that, but his defense is so high it's hard to deal enough damage in such a small amount of time.

Just can't get this fight to go right. Probably giving up on max DP here. Even when I'm on track to win he'll bullshit his way through turns to shed debuffs, then buff himself and instantly s-craft. He's done that twice now without me even getting a turn inbetween.

Last edited:

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Chapter 3 of Cold Steel 3....what the fuck at that last scene!! This game I swear.

I did not see George being a damn spy.....and wtf with Crow's "corpse". Man I can't wait to play chapter 4.
Funny thing, it was before our eyes all this time bc
George Nome = G.Nome=Gnome

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to buy CS3 and 4 for PC... but I think I'll wait for a proper Ao translation before I get to them.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Still in chapter 1 of CS3 but it's so much better than the previous 2 games, much better pacing and the benefit of not having a bloated cast thanks to a much smaller class VII is obvious.
One of my favorite things in the series are the cameos from other arcs which help make everything feel connected and unlike CS1&2 it has that in spades.
I can't say this enough, playing Crossbell before CS3 is a must, it's a sequel to both AO and CS2.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
finished the first day of chapter 1 of Ao and my impression at this point is that the main story has been mostly okay with the stuff like the npcs being a bit rougher

if it stays similar to what it's been so far and I limit npc talking to a select handful it should be pretty manageable overall

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
PeTiote is worse than Tio Tot but I don't really like either honestly. That said, I can't come up with anything better.

I find it amusing that Abbas is actually one of the best Pomyo players. He seems harder than Jona? Looking forward to playing against Tio but I halfway expect the AI to cheat or something lol.

Didn't mention it earlier but the beginning of Azure chapter 4 is just like, damn Falcom. What happened to you? Seems like the kind of stuff happening that would never, ever happen in Cold Steel. I can't imagine my expression while I was watching those scenes because I was shocked they actually did that. I hated it, but I appreciate it because it gives that weight and consequences that tends to be lacking.

And the game sure is taking its time delving into Wazy's past, like, at all. I don't know if he's revealed anything about himself aside from 1) he's not from Crossbell, and 2) wherever he's from was a slummy place similar to where Sully was from. Considering the things he seems to know he's clearly somebody important. Just a question of what his relations are.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
PeTiote is worse than Tio Tot but I don't really like either honestly. That said, I can't come up with anything better.

I find it amusing that Abbas is actually one of the best Pomyo players. He seems harder than Jona? Looking forward to playing against Tio but I halfway expect the AI to cheat or something lol.

Didn't mention it earlier but the beginning of Azure chapter 4 is just like, damn Falcom. What happened to you? Seems like the kind of stuff happening that would never, ever happen in Cold Steel. I can't imagine my expression while I was watching those scenes because I was shocked they actually did that. I hated it, but I appreciate it because it gives that weight and consequences that tends to be lacking.

And the game sure is taking its time delving into Wazy's past, like, at all. I don't know if he's revealed anything about himself aside from 1) he's not from Crossbell, and 2) wherever he's from was a slummy place similar to where Sully was from. Considering the things he seems to know he's clearly somebody important. Just a question of what his relations are.

You will get answers to that last part, don't worry.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

your spoiler is locked behind a bonding event, the bonding stuff in crossbell is really fucked up regarding accessibility though the most important aspect will be explained

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Fie's VA sounds exactly like she does in P5, it's a bit jarring when you're playing both games at the same time.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Trails in the Sky FC done. Quicker then I expected. A little under 34 hours.

4 more games to catch up on now. Will start SC soon. Maybe after taking a short break with something else.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017

4 more games to catch up on now. Will start SC soon. Maybe after taking a short break with something else.

A short break is definitely recommended. Glad to hear you cleared it! Which scene was your favorite?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The Sky games aren't as long as the other games so you can get through them in decent time, depending on how much time you actually spend talking to all the NPCs.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I made a bit of progress on Ao's final dungeon this evening. A few unorganized thoughts about the game so far:

- I thought the musician side quest was something boring and then bam, Mueller in shades. It was great seeing Olivier in vacation mode again.

- Who is Nielson? (Please don't actually answer this, assuming there is an answer already.) He knows an awful lot and I get the sense that he's important, but it doesn't seem like he fits any known groups yet. I don't remember him appearing in any other games up to CS2. He reminds me of Cold Steel 1/2's enigma, Beryl.

- No portrait for Duvalie? Unbelievable. *stomps*

- Damn, Erebonia actually fired the railway guns for real. Will need to play a bit of CS2 again to see how this info was relayed, if at all.

- Wazy being a part of the Gralsritter seems more obvious in hindsight, given how tight lipped he's been and the equally mysterious Abbas. Speaking of Gralsritter, it was lovely seeing Kevin and Ries again.

- I'm glad I played the Crossbell arc after CS1 and 2, and I can now understand the disappointment of those who played in release order.

- I've been missing all the bonding events for the more prominent characters. Maybe starting a fresh file wasn't the best idea. Hope they're readily available on Youtube or not that important.

Got a lot more to say but I'll save it for the eventual chapter by chapter write-up. This game certainly went places, looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up tomorrow.

Last edited:

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
I made a bit of progress on Ao's final dungeon this evening. A few unorganized thoughts about the game so far:

- I thought the musician side quest was something boring and then bam, Mueller in shades. It was great seeing Olivier in vacation mode again.

- Who is Nielson? (Please don't actually answer this, assuming there is an answer already.) He knows an awful lot and I get the sense that he's important, but it doesn't seem like he fits any known groups yet. I don't remember him appearing in any other games up to CS2. He reminds me of Cold Steel 1/2's enigma, Beryl.

- No portrait for Duvalie? Unbelievable. *stomps*

- Damn, Erebonia actually fired the railway guns for real. Will need to play a bit of CS2 again to see how this info was relayed, if at all.

- Wazy being a part of the Gralsritter seems more obvious in hindsight, given how tight lipped he's been and the equally mysterious Abbas. Speaking of Gralsritter, it was lovely seeing Kevin and Ries again.

- I'm glad I played the Crossbell arc after CS1 and 2, and I can now understand the disappoint of those who played in release order.

- I've been missing all the bonding events for the more prominent characters. Maybe starting a fresh file wasn't the best idea. Hope they're readily available on Youtube or not that important.

Got a lot more to say but I'll save it for the eventual chapter by chapter write-up. This game certainly went places, looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up tomorrow.
Nielsen actually showed up as a NPC in 3rd. They, uh, clearly did more work on his character design for Crossbell, though, lmao.
Nielsen.png