• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
so I beat Zero the the other day and my spoiler free impression:

source.gif

Now for the spoiler indulged impression;

first of all...KEA IS FUCKING ADORABLE!!! I JUST SIMPLY CAN'T!!!

intermission was okay; after the events and length of chapter 3 a break was indeed needed.

Chapter 4: was interesting; that Ravache building was a fucking maze! The game basically told you at the end that shit was about to go down lol!!

now Chapter 5...WHEW BOY!!! I'll admit I didn't see Joachim twist coming!! he was so down to earth! loved his side quest.

Dude had ERRBODY under his control!!! I was on the edge of my fucking seat when it seemed everybody was gunning(figuratively & literally!!) at Llyod and co.

Fucking knew Arios and Rean had something in common; both use the same sword style!!!

The final bouts were pretty easy..those dual crafts just broke the game; Garcia was probably a little harder than the final boss as he hit like a truck.

Renne coming to the rescue was nice...I find it a little rushed though but glad she finally got some resolve; I guess I'll have to play Ao and more to see if she stay's an enforcer or is done for good like Joshua. Was hoping that she'd meet her parents face to face.

Ending was very wholesome! our little Kea is heading to school!! A little bummed we didn't get a hint at why Llyods' brother was killed but I'm guessing it all will be revealed in Ao.

Just started Started Ao but sadly won't beat it as swiftly as Zero since I'm back at work....

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just finished up my second play-through of Cold Steel II(did a run of all previous trails games to get ready for CSIII) and I am a little confused about something if someone could clear it up for me:

So why is Rean the only one who is staying behind to be a second year? I get Gelica/Towa/George are second years and you could say Millium was just there on a mission, but why wouldn't everyone else return to be a second year at Thors? Maybe I missed something.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just finished up my second play-through of Cold Steel II(did a run of all previous trails games to get ready for CSIII) and I am a little confused about something if someone could clear it up for me:

So why is Rean the only one who is staying behind to be a second year? I get Gelica/Towa/George are second years and you could say Millium was just there on a mission, but why wouldn't everyone else return to be a second year at Thors? Maybe I missed something.

Because they all wanted to go to schools specific to the career-path they wanted to go down in the first place, or for some of them, straight into careers. And in Emma's case, she had fulfilled her purpose for being at Thors as well (monitoring Valimar and whomever is his Awakener.)

Rean was the only one of Class VII who was left with no real future and so just stuck with Thors as the only stable factor in his now utterly aimless life.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Because they all wanted to go to schools specific to the career-path they wanted to go down in the first place, or for some of them, straight into careers. And in Emma's case, she had fulfilled her purpose for being at Thors as well (monitoring Valimar and whomever is his Awakener.)

Rean was the only one of Class VII who was left with no real future and so just stuck with Thors as the only stable factor in his now utterly aimless life.

Oh ok, I was under the impression Thors was a two year commitment for those who enrolled. At least it feels the dialogue from various characters makes it feel that way.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok, I was under the impression Thors was a two year commitment for those who enrolled. At least it feels the dialogue from various characters makes it feel that way.

It normally is, but in the aftermath of the civil war several of them have other obligations to deal with (Jusis has to go back to manage that region for example) so they do a crash course in whats left of the year to still graduate on time. Rean misses all that because he's in Crossbell with the military and stays a full normal year instead.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
It normally is, but in the aftermath of the civil war several of them have other obligations to deal with (Jusis has to go back to manage that region for example) so they do a crash course in whats left of the year to still graduate on time. Rean misses all that because he's in Crossbell with the military and stays a full normal year instead.

Ahh yeah, that makes a lot more sense now that I think about it. Thanks for clearing it up a bit!

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i have a question about cs4 if anyone can answer - more gameplay than story but probably storyish. couldn't find it by googling

one thing i hated was have to orb and equip everyone whenever there was a complete party overhaul in cs3. from the mid chapter changes to later on where you had to keep reforming the party. does the next game still try and shoehorn all the characters from the previous games into the party?

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i have a question about cs4 if anyone can answer - more gameplay than story but probably storyish. couldn't find it by googling

one thing i hated was have to orb and equip everyone whenever there was a complete party overhaul in cs3. from the mid chapter changes to later on where you had to keep reforming the party. does the next game still try and shoehorn all the characters from the previous games into the party?
yes

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Just started chapter 7 in Sky SC (or whatever the 4 towers one is), didn't like the Estelle x Joshua reunion much but hopefully that takes a back seat now. Not sure what my actualy play time is becuase I've left the game running too many times but it feels a lot longer than FC, still think it's a much better game than the first one though

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Won't be surprised if it's a Crossbell remake since a lot of assets are already been made in 3D.I think they want the west to catch up too.

Not sure if I wanna replay those games even if they are really good lol, have too many other new games to play these days lol

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Won't be surprised if it's a Crossbell remake since a lot of assets are already been made in 3D.I think they want the west to catch up too.

Not sure if I wanna replay those games even if they are really good lol, have too many other new games to play these days lol

If Falcom were bigger, I might have been tempted to believe that. But I don't think they'd be able to do two of those projects with their current staff without compromising their usual game-a-year schedule.

They have already showed some new main characters. It's probably "Sen the 5th."

Given that the previous game was titled "End of Saga", that'd be one hell of a titular walkback.

Deleted member 43810

User requested account closure
Banned
May 23, 2018

They're currently making that *Sen the 5th* and the first title for the new arc. Unless they're going to outsource it, I don't think we're getting any sort of remakes anytime soon.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Has Falcom given up the notion of doing remakes? It's noticable with Ys too, as they put out 9 just after 8, itself the first new title since Ys Seven (2009).

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Has Falcom given up the notion of doing remakes? It's noticable with Ys too, as they put out 9 just after 8, itself the first new title since Ys Seven (2009).
i'm still convinced that they did plan something with Crossbell during CS2 times already, they modelled far too much of the city and certain characters for just a start screen and scenes.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Given that the previous game was titled "End of Saga", that'd be one hell of a titular walkback.
Looks like it's similar to 3rd, a bridge game with new main characters with their own story, but based on the Erebonia arc. Saw some speculation that may have been baseless, but it suggested
the new leads might be from Ouroboros
But I feel like I've seen that speculated forever so it's probably not real.

And the pessimist in me doubts Falcom in 2019/2020 can make a Sky 3rd-caliber game game in a single entry. I hope to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be called "sen", but the fact that it's a September game means it's gonna get the full marketing push and physical release (in other words, not a DLC or expansion).

I'm more interested in what Falcom is doing outside of that though. I really want to see a new IP sooner rather than later (and no Kondo, Tokyo Xanadu does not count. No clones!).

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Ao's translation feels pretty much professional level, at least in the beginning. Very cool.
I wonder if the quality of the initial translation being better would also mean that editing can proceed at a faster pace? At least considering Zero had stuff like the "eating cousins" and stuff on that level throughout, Ao's translation being not utterly terrible might allow to leave more lines unchanged, or at least without needing complete rewrites.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
There might have been corrected, but I remember Ao's initial translation having some minor mistakes.
Sergei and Sonya relationship being mistranslated comes to mind for example.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
No, that's right. But I remember one of the initial versions I tried omitted the
being divorces part
I some dialogue.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
On my way to completing both Ao and Cold Steel II (the former for the first time), and I'm finding it fascinating how much CSII takes the blueprint of Ao's Final Chapter and turns it into a full 60+ hour adventure when it could have easily been slimmed down and stuck to the tail end of CS1 as that game's true final chapter. Everything CSII does, Ao did better while also being more concise and better paced.

In fact, I'm marveling at how they could have did with Ao that they did with Cold Steel and split it at a certain point and turn the last hours of gameplay into it's own game: Trails of Azure and Trails of Azure II.

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the quality of the initial translation being better would also mean that editing can proceed at a faster pace? At least considering Zero had stuff like the "eating cousins" and stuff on that level throughout, Ao's translation being not utterly terrible might allow to leave more lines unchanged, or at least without needing complete rewrites.

You do realize that geofront can't use someone else's translation as it's base, right?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You do realize that geofront can't use someone else's translation as it's base, right?
Geofront's edited the translation that was done by a different group, of course with their blessing.
You can read about it here, later half of this blog post: https://geofront.esterior.net/2017/07/07/fifteen/
Guren no heya kara even links to Geofront as the "official" source of the edited version of their translation. (It's under Zero No Kiseki, gotta scroll down a tad)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Geofront's edited the translation that was done by a different group, of course with their blessing.
You can read about it here, later half of this blog post: https://geofront.esterior.net/2017/07/07/fifteen/
Guren no heya kara even links to Geofront as the "official" source of the edited version of their translation. (It's under Zero No Kiseki, gotta scroll down a tad)

Ah. Well, I still think waiting for a translation that's not even been announced is a bad idea, but you're the one who's missing out, not me, and that's your choice to make.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Well, I still think waiting for a translation that's not even been announced is a bad idea, but you're the one who's missing out, not me, and that's your choice to make.
If I cared about always being up to date on the latest games that came out, then it wouldn't just be a bad choice, but completely ludicrous one. So your concern is duly noted and appreciated.

Luckily, I don't care about that one bit. I just want to experience these games, in release order, and in the best quality possible, and with a translation that already exists and only needing editing, and with a team which already (partially) signaled interest in working on Ao, I choose to wait. It's not like I'm starved with games to play, books to read or things to watch in the meanwhile.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
If I cared about always being up to date on the latest games that came out, then it wouldn't just be a bad choice, but completely ludicrous one. So your concern is duly noted and appreciated.

Luckily, I don't care about that one bit. I just want to experience these games, in release order, and in the best quality possible, and with a translation that already exists and only needing editing, and with a team which already (partially) signaled interest in working on Ao, I choose to wait. It's not like I'm starved with games to play, books to read or things to watch in the meanwhile.

I hope you enjoy CS 1-4 + the 5th, when they finish the Ao edit.

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Cold Steel III and holy sh*t at that cliff hanger. I really hope they localize CSIV ASAP because that's just an awful point to end the game. It's such an awesome game too.

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Cold Steel III and holy sh*t at that cliff hanger. I really hope they localize CSIV ASAP because that's just an awful point to end the game. It's such an awesome game by the way. So much fun.

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Cold Steel III and holy sh*t at that cliff hanger. I really hope they localize CSIV ASAP because that's just an awful point to end the game. It's such an awesome game by the way. So much fun.

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
Hi Mods. Apologies for the triple post. Please delete my 2 posts above. Just an error with my browser. Thank you.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't worry. This is a thread about kiseki games, so filler copy-pasted content or making three post out of what should be just one, is to be expected and in line with the series :p

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry. This is a thread about kiseki games, so filler copy-pasted content or making three post out of what should be just one, is to be expected and in line with the series :p
Or add shitty music to your duplicate posts, and we'll call them the Evolution versions.

Hot damn!

So CS3 ends on a big cliffhanger? Well, I just started Ao so by the time I finish that and CS3, CS4 shouldn't be too far away.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a reverse for me, FC's cliffhanger was brutal while CS1's was "Ok yeah, good setup"

Yeah, this.
So here's how I got into Tits: some people on another forum recommended FC and I had a PSP so I checked it out.
I actually thought it was a self contained game, I had no idea it was literally the first half of a full game. So when the game just ended like that I was petrified. I went online to look up info on the sequel and came across posts and articles saying that the second game's localization was highly unlikely. I was pretty upset about that lol.
When XSeed announced SC's loc I actually had to hold back the tears.
You gradually get invested in the characters without even realizing how much and then suddenly that ending hits you like a ton of bricks.
CS is also pretty bad but I just don't care about the cast as much and the way CS2 handles it was pretty disappointing for me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a reverse for me, FC's cliffhanger was brutal while CS1's was "Ok yeah, good setup"

Yeah. I mean, it didn't help that I had to wait four years on FC, but that ending was a huge emotional gut punch. CS1's cliffhanger was still pretty good, but it was mostly just a really effective setup for what the next game would be.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You gradually get invested in the characters without even realizing how much and the suddenly that ending hits you like a ton of bricks.
CS is also pretty bad but I just don't care about the cast as much and the way CS2 handles it was pretty disappointing for me.
It was effective for me the first time I played it because I actually missed those characters. However, playing it again I realized that it's basically "here's all your friends again" in a span of one week. The dramatic reunions felt like they're more for the player's sake rather than Rean's, ha.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
FC's cliffhanger was brutal. I went completely blind, thinking it was A self-contained game and it left me in shock.
And the wait afterwards was even worse. All those years waiting without news nor hope, while more games kept being announced for Japan lol.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
FC's cliffhanger was brutal. I went completely blind, thinking it was A self-contained game and it left me in shock.
And the wait afterwards was even worse. All those years waiting without news nor hope, while more games kept being announced for Japan lol.
Yeah, I can imagine. After finishing FC, I bought and jumped into SC the next day. I read afterwards how FC and SC were originally meant as one game, and no kidding, that ending leaves so much up in the air.