• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Playing Sen 4 with the spreadsheet. Took some getting used to but I'm enjoying the experience very much. Question about bonding events in Sen IV:

First bonding events aboard the ship and there's a heart in Fie's portrait. Is it because her bonding is romance and the others are not? Also in Sen 3 you could max out every bonding even the "romance" ones, is that a thing in Sen IV or do you get locked in somehow?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It was effective for me the first time I played it because I actually missed those characters. However, playing it again I realized that it's basically "here's all your friends again" in a span of one week. The dramatic reunions felt like they're more for the player's sake rather than Rean's, ha.

Yeah, it's a cliffhanger for the sake of having a cliffhanger.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Sen 4 with the spreadsheet. Took some getting used to but I'm enjoying the experience very much. Question about bonding events in Sen IV:

First bonding events aboard the ship and there's a heart in Fie's portrait. Is it because her bonding is romance and the others are not? Also in Sen 3 you could max out every bonding even the "romance" ones, is that a thing in Sen IV or do you get locked in somehow?

Close.

It means you are unlocking a special event near the end of the game. Nearly all of the events are romantic, a few aren't.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Yeah, that was the real dick move. CSIV wasn't even announced until people got to the ending and saw the "to be continued in End of Saga" on their screen.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
So I have one question regarding everyone's favourite dad. I just reached CSIII's ch3 when you get Yun Ka-Fai letter about how each practicioner master one form, and Rean's form is Void.
I've always assumed Cassius' form was the 1st/Helix, while Arios' was the second/Gale and Richard the fith/Morning-moon (so was stated in the Crossbell games iirc). But then I remembered this scene from The 3rd.
Was this a mistranslation or just a ret-con?
18c238d3fd866e8a79b7fd09e4a6dc37o.jpg

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I could finish SC over the weekend but the final area never ends

I still don't understand why Cassius refuses to just whup the enforcers himself, is he supposed to have some history that's not been explained yet? Other than his wife being killed

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I have one question regarding everyone's favourite dad. I just reached CSIII's ch3 when you get Yun Ka-Fai letter about how each practicioner master one form, and Rean's form is Void.
I've always assumed Cassius' form was the 1st/Helix, while Arios' was the second/Gale and Richard the fith/Morning-moon (so was stated in the Crossbell games iirc). But then I remembered this scene from The 3rd.
Cassius definitely uses both forms and is proficient in both, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a master (in the Divine Blade sense) of both.
I might be wrong but I assumed his particular circumstances meant he switched styles when he switched weapons, and his aptitude in both styles/weapons is a testament to how great he is.

TLDR: I don't think that's necessarily contradictory (and CS4 apparently explains things as I just spoiled myself on the Eight Leaves One Blade wiki page lol)

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why Cassius refuses to just whup the enforcers himself, is he supposed to have some history that's not been explained yet? Other than his wife being killed
In game explanation is: why would he? As a army general there are other places he needs to befirst to try to control the chaos across the country. Also when it comes to fighting power (excepting Löwe) SC's enforcers & Angish weren´t that powerful to begin with.
Kevin alone should have been able to deal with most of them.
And in the end
he ends up showing up anyway, riding a dragon lol

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I thought I could finish SC over the weekend but the final area never ends

Cassius kinda explains it in the last scene of Chapter 8. Weissmann's a sadistic asshole who likes to toy around with his enemies instead of just being pragmatic and finishing them properly when he has the opportunity. (such as in Chapter 6) In doing so, he allows himself to take the risk to let his enemies get close to him, but only because he underestimates them. We've already seen in FC that when it comes to Cassius, Weissmann will not take chances and will go through extreme measures to avoid having to deal with him. As such, Cassius reasons that with him on board, Weissmann might forego his usual tendencies and just go all out to eleminate them with extreme prejudice instead of allowing a normal confrontation to play out.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say there was someone I would like to see Cassius duel against but having seen a spoiler for CS3 I guess not. Has the eight leaves master guy actually been in any of the games yet?

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

No, Cassius added elements of the void to go with his helix style. Helix is the one he mastered when he became a Divine Blade. Probably when he switched to the bo staff, he felt like the void works as well. Practitioners of the school are taught all the forms, just like how Rean uses the 2nd and 4th form with the 7th. Richard seems to be the exception as he uses the 5th form exclusively, he also got taught by Cassius tho.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PArt of learning the eight leaves one blade style is that you learn about all eight forms but due to the nature of the forms it kinda is impossible to master more than one form really. Rean uses attacks from different forms for his crafts too.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
PArt of learning the eight leaves one blade style is that you learn about all eight forms but due to the nature of the forms it kinda is impossible to master more than one form really. Rean uses attacks from different forms for his crafts too.

Yeah, love to see the rest of them later. Kinda special that

the 7th form Rean took up was also the last position that got filled.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
Currently on Sen4's 1st nightmare playthrough, I don't know where the game will fall short as warned by others, but so far gameplay wise, it's incredible experience for me: most of AP boss battles are satisfying to pull through, even Vantage Master is a lot more difficult that I have to spend more than half of my deck to actually win.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Zerker responded to someone on Twitter with a quick Zero update.

So probably sometime early next year.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Day with Trails from Zero, let's go!
(Although if it came earlier I wouldn't complain)

Oct 25, 2017
So is NISA legitimately taking feedback somewhere, because this is seriously driving me nuts.

Musse first bonding event CS3 used as an example:
BjlBCgn.png

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's proficient at Helix & Void forms, but has Mastered Helix.

It's no different with Rean, who is proficient in all forms but is working towards mastering Void.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Is Sky the 3rd necessary, or can I just go straight to Zero after I finish SC? I've heard mixed opinions.
If you have already played SC, I would say so. Certain characters from Sky will show up dealing with stuff introduced in the 3rd and not mentioned at all before. Also, a certain enforcer's plotline is heavily enhanced by playing the 3rd.

Oct 25, 2017
3 of my friends told me that it's the most skippable, and to just watch a plot synopsis for that one.
I'd tell you its the worst game in the series to actually play, but it covers some incredibly important pieces of the overall story.

They basically used 3rd as a vessel to either give backstory they missed, prep plotlines for crossbell and erebonia, or give closure to plotlines from sky.

Oct 25, 2017
3 of my friends told me that it's the most skippable, and to just watch a plot synopsis for that one.

Sky 3rd is the big outlier among the games, in that rather than exploring the world of Zemuria you're going through a single "pocket dimension" dungeon while encountering various disconnected short stories. But if you're invested in the overall narrative, you should play it, as it sets up a fair number of important plot threads for the following games. And Kevin's story, which serves as the main plot thread for 3rd, is pretty good. And it's got a fair bit of fan-service for people who have played through Sky, which can be enjoyable.

Admittedly, if you don't enjoy the combat, the structure of 3rd will be grating.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I'm going to give it a shot just for the story. Thanks for the responses everybody.

Just one thing you want to remember; The first Memory Door segment is the worst one, even if you enjoy the scenes themselves due to 1) the player being forced to go through the whole thing without warning, 2) it being one of the longest parts and 3) being completely non-interactive. All the other side-content can either be done immediately (as long as you fit the criteria needed to access it) or be postponed until later (though some rewards may be outdated by then) and are either shorter than the first segment or are interactive so you can save in the middle of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty down overall on the pacing and style used to tell most of the story content in 3rd, which makes it easily the weakest game in the series.

However, when its on point its really on point. Theres a scene in chapter 7 that stands among the best scenes of all time, and Ries becomes one of the best characters ever with a simple 3 words.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Finished SC last night, ending was decent enough except I didn't think

Loewe's sudden change of heart

was particularly well written. The final boss wasn't too bad, I actually thought the hardest fight in the game was one of the guild request fight against worms, I don't know how you're actually supposed to beat that without spamming 4 s crafts right at the start

Played the first 15 mins of 3rd, glad to get away from Estelle as the main character honestly

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
The 3rd is easily the best kiseki game, up there with Ao. And lore-wise probably the most important one, as it sets up lots of plot threads for later games. I wouldn't skip it.

Played the first 15 mins of 3rd, glad to get away from Estelle as the main character honestly
1447275329434.jpg

I like Kevin better, but Stelle is an amazing MC. I love how she grows as a character through the games.

Last edited:

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I actually thought the hardest fight in the game was one of the guild request fight against worms, I don't know how you're actually supposed to beat that without spamming 4 s crafts right at the start

Those worms are the same ones you fought at the end of Chapter 2, just with higher stats to compensate for yours. There's a gimmick to them (which is spelled out for you if you have the Info or Heaven's Eye quartz equipped); they're generally rather docile, wasting turns on slowly approaching you, hitting you with a physical if you're in range or use a weak single-target ranged attack on occasion. But they have this rather strong full-screen attack that they use as a counter on the next turn after they get damaged. (after which they switch back to their normal behavior until you damage them again)

At the end of Chapter 2, they were spread out all over the screen, so it was possible to brute-force that fight without the need to figure out their schtick as long as you didn't go out of your way to spread the damage since one or two Earthshaker attacks per round are survivable. The Guild request in Chapter 8 forces you to deal with their trick by packing them tightly together, making it impossible to use AOE attacks without eating 6 or so counterattacks the next time they get a turn. So the way you're supposed to beat them is boring, but simple; have your mages use the single-target Air Strike, equip your bruisers with the Emerald Talismans to make their attack deal air-elemental damage, use La Forte and/or True Distent to buff your strength and focus all your attacks on one worm at the time. It takes a long time, but even one character with La Teara should be able to keep your party alive while you sloooowly whittle them down.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
At the end of Chapter 2, they were spread out all over the screen, so it was possible to brute-force that fight without the need to figure out their schtick as long as you didn't go out of your way to spread the damage since one or two Earthshaker attacks per round are survivable. The Guild request in Chapter 8 forces you to deal with their trick by packing them tightly together, making it impossible to use AOE attacks without eating 6 or so counterattacks the next time they get a turn. So the way you're supposed to beat them is boring, but simple; have your mages use the single-target Air Strike, equip your bruisers with the Emerald Talismans to make their attack deal air-elemental damage, use La Forte and/or True Distent to buff your strength and focus all your attacks on one worm at the time. It takes a long time, but even one character with La Teara should be able to keep your party alive while you sloooowly whittle them down.

Between this strategy and using four S-Crafts to end the battle in one turn, I've always gone with the latter.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Between this strategy and using four S-Crafts to end the battle in one turn, I've always gone with the latter.

If you can do enough damage with 3 S-crafts (all of Estelle's only hit a single target) to actually kill them all, I guess that works. Though, if your damage prediction's even slightly off and all the worms survive with only a few HP left to spare, they're guaranteed to make sure that you don't.

Personally, I dislike using S-crafts in the Sky games (courtesy of CP being harder to come by in those games) , so I usually stick to crafts and avoid using them unless stuff hits the fan.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
If you can do enough damage with 3 S-crafts (all of Estelle's only hit a single target) to actually kill them all, I guess that works. Though, if your damage prediction's even slightly off and all the worms survive with only a few HP left to spare, they're guaranteed to make sure that you don't.

Personally, I dislike using S-crafts in the Sky games (courtesy of CP being harder to come by in those games) , so I usually stick to crafts and avoid using them unless stuff hits the fan.

I believe it's fairly easy to pull off with S-Crafts from Joshua, Agate, and Kloe, especially if you can open your assault with some Arts from either Kloe and Joshua (or both). This particular battle is really close to the Elmo Hot Springs and its amazing CP healing properties, so there is absolutely no need to hold back with S-Crafts. Also, this battle is the fan, so to speak, and I'd probably use this strategy even if free CP wasn't nearby; there aren't any other fights in the chapter that are nearly as dangerous.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Kloe isn't in the party at that time, actually. (not to mention her offensive S-craft sucks in SC because it's based on her paltry Str-stat instead of her ludicrous Ats-stat as it is in 3rd)