• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Agate in particular is a beast by that point in the game, especially if you give him gladiator belt

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Achievement Unlocked: Crossbell saga completed.

I don't have a lot to say about it. Just a pair of good ol' jRPGs from start to finish. Went in without guides so missed quite a few things (1 Agnes book... *1*!) but that didn't damper my enjoyment. I look forward to replaying Zero on PC in the near future (after CS3, heh).

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Achievement Unlocked: Crossbell saga completed.

I don't have a lot to say about it. Just a pair of good ol' jRPGs from start to finish. Went in without guides so missed quite a few things (1 Agnes book... *1*!) but that didn't damper my enjoyment. I look forward to replaying Zero on PC in the near future (after CS3, heh).

lloyd_thumbs_up.jpg

So how about them Ao sidequests huh?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
lloyd_thumbs_up.jpg

So how about them Ao sidequests huh?
Mostly a vague blur, the consequence of playing Ao over several weeks/months with extended breaks in-between.

The chapter 2 hidden quest was a nice one to stumble across, though.

EACzQT_XYAYDhpH.jpg

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Ao's prologue, had another fanboy moment when
Kevin showed up.
So good.

So it looks like Randy and Tio
are absent. Is this why they appear in CS3? I was under the impression that CS3 is after Ao.
Can anyone clear that up?

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
So it looks like Randy and Tio
are absent. Is this why they appear in CS3? I was under the impression that CS3 is after Ao.
Can anyone clear that up?
They're just absent for the start of the game, the gang split up to do their own stuff for a bit. This all happens around the same time as CS1 and 2.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Posting here too.

On the topic of Trails in the Sky 3rd .

Anyone know if there is a cheat engine for the game on PC? I have been trying to replay the game but i can't stand the combat without the QQL improvements and game play enhancement of the recent games lol.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Alternatively, you could play on Easy, which applies a multiplier that should eventually nerf enemy stats to the point where very little should actually endanger you.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks but how do i use the cheat table?

I rather cheat and have god mode or something since I am just replaying for the story buti don't wanna watch a play thought haha.
So you've already played it once before? Couldn't you just do a new game + with your clear save and carry over your endgame levels? Also quartz maybe if that glitch was ever fixed?

Failing that I'm sure you can get a clear save from another source like GameFAQs and use that instead.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
So you've already played it once before? Couldn't you just do a new game + with your clear save and carry over your endgame levels? Also quartz maybe if that glitch was ever fixed?

Failing that I'm sure you can get a clear save from another source like GameFAQs and use that instead.

I believe it was fixed, so carry-over plus Easy difficulty means you're pretty much invincible in all battles that don't involve enemies with petrification attacks.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017

I played (and replayed) the Chinese version years ago. Bought the steam version again a few years ago to support the franchise and wanna really replay it after CS3. Will try to get a save file else I will just get the Chinese version of CS4 after I finish Pokémon to get my RPG / Trails fix haha.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I played (and replayed) the Chinese version years ago. Bought the steam version again a few years ago to support the franchise and wanna really replay it after CS3. Will try to get a save file else I will just get the Chinese version of CS4 after I finish Pokémon to get my RPG / Trails fix haha.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd also recommend just looking up a save file for New Game+ if you want to have a very easy time to playing through the game.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
So I have not been paying attention for a variety of reasons (one being spoiler dodging until I can play Crossbell, second being...I haven't bought the game yet myself. Whoops), but do we have any indication as to how CS3 has performed? Has it bombed? Did people listen to NISA in the end and start with CS3?
...Has there been a sudden uptick in people playing CS1 and Sky?

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Really glad I went through Zero and Ao, even though so far I don't feel like those who didn't would be missing TOO much accept for character references.

But I'm only on ch.2 We'll see.

Still hate Shirley.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
So I have not been paying attention for a variety of reasons (one being spoiler dodging until I can play Crossbell, second being...I haven't bought the game yet myself. Whoops), but do we have any indication as to how CS3 has performed? Has it bombed? Did people listen to NISA in the end and start with CS3?
...Has there been a sudden uptick in people playing CS1 and Sky?
I'm waiting for the same reason as you, but I didn't buy the game at launch to show support.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm around halfway through 3rd right now, and I already feel this is in many ways the best of all the Sky games, simply because of the doors alone, though I find the main plot itself also quite interesting so far, as we learn a lot more about Graham and the church.
It feels unfair, though, to say it's better than FC and SC (though I'm certainly having more fun with it) since the doors are only interesting if you already know and love these characters. That makes it so much more satisfying to see these additional glimpses into their past and current lives.

So far I haven't spotted any mysterious references to future characters, aside from maybe one or two new people, who will probably appear in the Erebonia or Crossbell games.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Ok spoiler tagging because I want to make sure I don't spoil anyone this is in reference to the end of CS3 :

OK SO the ending with the Courageous exploding, holy shit. I didn't see that coming. Toval, Olivert and Viscount Arseid always brought an aura of safety, like when they arrive everything is going to be fine. And then BOOM! It hurt, man. Hurt bad. Mueller is going to go into Ultra Instinct mode, holy shit.

And the ending was such a big cliffhanger, can't wait for CS4 to be locazlied.

Knowing Schera was there but never showed up was really a let down for me but anyway. The number of times they mentionned Estelle and Joshua, the fact that shit has really hit the fan by the end of CS3 is telling me that I will probably see them in CS4 and I can't wait. I love them so much. There's still some drama to be had with Lechter and Kloe, too. Seeing as Kloe is really higher up, it wouldn't surprise me to see her in CS4 since it looks like the entire world will go to shit so it makes sense for leaders to meet ... even though Erebonia pretty much declared war against the world so let's see where it goes

Also screw you Falcom (with love) for not letting me romance Sara in CS3, I'm an adult now damn it. Why can I flirt with the teacher when I'm a student, but not when I'm a teacher????

EDIT : Can't praise the dub enough. I never expect that quality when it comes to JRPGs. Cold Steel has its fair share of cringe moments, but I think overall the cast does a really, really good job.

Have to go through Zero and Ao now. I really, really don't like going the fan translation route because I prefer buying the games outright but ... I think I'll just buy them to not feel bad and then find a way to play the fan translations on PC.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Have to go through Zero and Ao now. I really, really don't like going the fan translation route because I prefer buying the games outright but ... I think I'll just buy them to not feel bad and then find a way to play the fan translations on PC.
Playing fan translations doesn't mean not buying the games. Generally the opposite is encouraged.

You can buy the PC version of Zero on DLsite. It's roughly $25 USD when converted, and occasionally goes on sale for 50% off. Ao is very difficult to buy on PC but PSP copies are cheap. Under $10.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Playing fan translations doesn't mean not buying the games. Generally the opposite is encouraged.

You can buy the PC version of Zero on DLsite. It's roughly $25 USD when converted, and occasionally goes on sale for 50% off. Ao is very difficult to buy on PC but PSP copies are cheap. Under $10.

Will check it out, I definitely am going to buy them one way or another.

Characters I met from the Crossbell games seem very fun, a good cast. And I haven't met most of them!

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
I finally beat Trails the 3rd, since i lost my save at chapter 6 i been putting it off.
Yeah, now i understand why many love Kevin, these last chapters were really epic and the conclusion of everything was a great send off for the Sky franchise. (and i confess i got a little nostalgic at the end)

I have difficulty ranking Trails games, but this game easily is on the top spots.

And looking back this game was when we really began to get to know about Zemuria and its countries. And began to introduce plot points and backstories that are happening until now. From Jaegers to Ourouboros.

Lastly, on the hype i began Zero with the current fan translation, but i felt bad for cracking just now so close to Geofront release so i stopped at chapter 2. Like every sub series the first game is really slow, but i'm liking it much more than CS1 and a little more than FC. (It helps that alleviates one of my biggest criticisms of CS - A smaller a cast that have time to develop)

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
How long do you guys think private testing will be?
I assume it will entail people playing the game from beginning to end, and speaking with every NPC too. I don't know how long Zero is, does it compare with SC? If so, I'd assume it could be up to 80 hours, and since the testers aren't playing this 24/7, I'd assume it could be a month or two

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How long do you guys think private testing will be?
Zerker mentioned a couple weeks ago that a release before the end of the year was possible. Not necessarily likely or guaranteed though (I think the word he used was ideal).

My entirely speculative guess is January. Probably not December but that's possible. Maybe February or later if they run into issues that prove difficult to fix.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I assume it will entail people playing the game from beginning to end, and speaking with every NPC too. I don't know how long Zero is, does it compare with SC? If so, I'd assume it could be up to 80 hours, and since the testers aren't playing this 24/7, I'd assume it could be a month or two

Depends on how rigorous the tests are.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how rigorous the tests are.
My way of playing the Sky games consisted of checking every single NPC after every story beat. If Zero also updates every NPC across the city of Crossbell, then it could be a ton of stuff to check. Especially if you read every line carefully for typos and clarity.
Another question is how you report issues in the text, saying "that NPC at this hotel" might not be easy to look up, if the editors then need to find a specific line in a huge spreadsheet.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I got the impression the test was more for the functionality and features rather than checking the text. With all the programming changes they want to test on a variety of hardware configurations, not unlike an official release. Making sure it's stable before the public release is more important than making sure there aren't any minor text issues that need adjusting. Those are relatively easy to fix and not gamebreaking. Text issues are also easier to report than stability or functionality issues since they are easily reproduced.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
My way of playing the Sky games consisted of checking every single NPC after every story beat. If Zero also updates every NPC across the city of Crossbell, then it could be a ton of stuff to check. Especially if you read every line carefully for typos and clarity.
Another question is how you report issues in the text, saying "that NPC at this hotel" might not be easy to look up, if the editors then need to find a specific line in a huge spreadsheet.
It's fortunate then that most npcs across the board have full names attributed to them, like in all the Trails games.

Deleted member 59929

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 12, 2019
I've largely avoided this thread in the past, but on Sunday I finished Trails in the Sky the Third so I feel more comfortable jumping in and seeing what this thread is all about.

After finishing the Sky trilogy, I'm really tempted to jump into Crossbell, but I'm going to be patient and wait for the new Zero translation before moving on.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I've largely avoided this thread in the past, but on Sunday I finished Trails in the Sky the Third so I feel more comfortable jumping in and seeing what this thread is all about.

After finishing the Sky trilogy, I'm really tempted to jump into Crossbell, but I'm going to be patient and wait for the new Zero translation before moving on.

The new Zero translation has entered testing and should be out somewhat soon, so I think that's the right call.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
That Kloe moon door was the first time I've been bored playing this series, it goes on forever

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
That Kloe moon door was the first time I've been bored playing this series, it goes on forever
It was long, but I didn't mind it at all, I feel it helps explain a lot about her character, and it was interesting to know more about how Jenis Academy was like before FC.
Also, I can't hate on something that gives me more of Kiseki's true MVP: Anton

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Do the games ever explain how Lechter went from Jenis academy to what he's doing in Erebonia? I can't remember what he said about his past in CS 2

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Do the games ever explain how Lechter went from Jenis academy to what he's doing in Erebonia? I can't remember what he said about his past in CS 2

Olivier's Star Door in 3rd actually explains that
Lechter was setting up an intelligence network for Osborne in Liberl during his time at the Academy and that was actually why he was there to begin with

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Olivier's Star Door in 3rd actually explains that
Lechter was setting up an intelligence network for Osborne in Liberl during his time at the Academy and that was actually why he was there to begin with

That was part of the reason, but not the sole one.

I imagine it was a deal of sorts that allowed him to have some degree of freedom in Liberl before being called back. CS3 mentions that it is also because he wanted to atone for the misdeeds his father did to Liberl.

OP
OP
Synohan

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Zero no Kiseki is 50% off on DLsite once again. Great chance to pick it up with the Fan Translations completion approaching.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
haven't posted here in awhile but finished chapter 4 of Ao no Kiseki last night and WHEW BOY!!!

this game does not let up!! so much shit is going down!!! my mind damn near exploded with all that happened at the end of chapter 3 and 4

Just holy Shit at Red Constellation; they just fucked the city up....poor llya...she didn't desever that....fuck you Shirley!!! :( (really wished we got a cutscene of the fight between Rixia and Shirely)

fucking Dieter and Mariabell!! did not see that shit coming at all! these is just no decent leader in the LoH series...Oroburous has the claws in EVERYONE!!! At least was thinking it once he full dictator but damn!! planning shit all the way from the beginning. Fucking Arios too!?!?! I knew he was going to go heel some time or later tough; his reason is understandable but damn!! working openly with Oroburos and those who funded that DG cult...man Arios...Cassius you are not!

He fucking kicked my ass too....the guide I was following said he was beatable but it seems even more difficult than the blade lord fight in SC...is S-craft decimated my party....

Poor Kea...I know she's doing this for the "overall good of Crossbel" but she know what she's doing is wrong...I think I'm headed towards a bittersweet ending regarding her...but man was the cutscene dope!! Those robots just destroyed everyting; since I've played cold steel 1 know I know what was the cause the te erabonian railway guns being destroyed,

Now Lloyd and co are split up and jailed...and Lloyd's cell mate is mother fucking Garcia!!! It's jailbreak time!!

so that's where I left off ...I don't know how they'll wrap this up but I am absolutely floored by all that's going on.....

sorry for using fuck/fucking so much lol, stuff was just craaaaazy!!!