• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
If people want to start with CS3 while knowing full well they're jumping in half-way through the story then let them. Who cares?

Anyway, made a bit more progress in AO and
Campanella's
voice sounds a lot younger than I was expecting.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Finished sen4 and what a journey that was 116hrs. Definitely got my moneys worth.
The normal ending is crap. I would be extremely pissed if I had played through the whole game and had missed a lost arte leading to that ending as default. The amount of playable characters is extreme. If it wasn't for the mandatory stuff in the last dungeon I wouldn't have bothered with some of the original class 7 members. The true ending was satisfactory and tied up the loose ends. I like a happy ending.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Just started chapter 6 of Sky 3rd, the way Kevin istalking makes me suspect lord of phantasma might somehow be
Kevin himself. If not then I guess Weismann is the only other person I can think of that fits the description

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, I'm continuing my playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel on Vita while on holiday and something is really bugging me. I'm using Emma now and her S craft is blocked out for some reason. Where others have the circle hers is a circle with a line through it and I can't use it. Anyone know why that is? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, I'm continuing my playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel on Vita while on holiday and something is really bugging me. I'm using Emma now and her S craft is blocked out for some reason. Where others have the circle hers is a circle with a line through it and I can't use it. Anyone know why that is? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.
it's blocked out for story reasons, you'll unlock it as you progress the game

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Yeah, certain characters unlock their crafts later. Both for story and gameplay reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Cold Steel does a pretty slow rollout of S-crafts across Class VII. Takes the majority of the game to get them all unlocked.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, certain characters unlock their crafts later. Both for story and gameplay reasons.

Cold Steel does a pretty slow rollout of S-crafts across Class VII. Takes the majority of the game to get them all unlocked.

Oh yeah maybe it was like this for the others and I've forgotten. I haven't played my Vita in ages. But I've just made Emma a badass, magic damage dealer and the lack of S craft was bugging me.

Just got to Legram now and did the duel. Things seem to be taking some unexpected and interesting turns with the story.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
lol

mbdnc5an72611.jpg

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The franchise just isn't the same without Kevin the Stampede. Redesigned 'aspect ratio'ed' Kevin just ain't doing it for me, man.

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
I'm a few hours into Cold Steel 1 now (It's the first I've played of these beyond playing a small part of Trails in the Sky a few years ago). I think I'm starting to see the appeal. I really like the meticulous approach to world building in this game. Looking forward to playing more of it this weekend!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd guessed quite a while back that Kevin was going to have been the one responsible for Rufina's death, but I'd still been thinking right up until the church scenes that Lord of Phantasma was going to be Weismann lol. I'm well into gehenna now and still no sign of him, I assume he's still going to appear as a boss

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
There was an update on GOG on December 5th too, but I have no idea what it did. There were no patch notes either. Hoping that they've maybe patched the buggy DX9 version that I've avoided.
Can't say it's buggy, been playing it for 40 hours with no issue whatsoever.
The patches could be about updates for the new Steam client, some art assets you see on the client

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say it's buggy, been playing it for 40 hours with no issue whatsoever.
The patches could be about updates for the new Steam client, some art assets you see on the client
I get excessive screen tearing and framerate drops with the DX9 version versus the DX8 build with a wrapper used to fix compatibility issues in Win10.

Same issue has affected me in all three games. Maybe it's just a Geforce 1070 issue, but I'm glad that there's the option to avoid using DX9.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I get excessive screen tearing and framerate drops with the DX9 version versus the DX8 build with a wrapper used to fix compatibility issues in Win10.

Same issue has affected me in all three games. Maybe it's just a Geforce 1070 issue, but I'm glad that there's the option to avoid using DX9.
I'm on a 2080 Ti, so maybe it's a bruteforce thing, but it's buttery smooth for me. Also turned on this fast sync thing that Nvidia provides.

Did you maybe disable the "Hardware Vertex Shading" option on the DX9 build (they use separate config files)? I remember doing that for SC once, and that crashes performance as it stops using your GPU for things

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a 2080 Ti, so maybe it's a bruteforce thing, but it's buttery smooth for me. Also turned on this fast sync thing that Nvidia provides.

Did you maybe disable the "Hardware Vertex Shading" option on the DX9 build (they use separate config files)? I remember doing that for SC once, and that crashes performance as it stops using your GPU for things
I don't remember if I had turned it off on FC and SC. But I just booted into the 3rd right now, and made sure it was enabled. The game seems to run a lot better, I'm not getting any of the weird performance I usually do in DX9.

I'll probably stick with DX8 for the time being, but it's good to know that Hardware Vertex Shading being off may have been the cause of my problems.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall any issues with DX9, other than a model with a missing texture early on that got patched.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the Grandmaster is ok with not having the full collection of sept-terrions since the Crossbell one is missing. And how much of an effect does that have on their grand plan in the grand scheme of things.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So, that's Trails 3rd finished. That opens like a world of Spoiler boxes here, it's amazing how people are still talking about some of those doors, even after 6 games having been released since. Hard to imagine any other series with so long reaching connections.

Easily my favourite game of the Sky arc, though it's not entirely fair as the game is basically just one payoff after the other, all of which was build up in FC and SC. It also gives you a real sense of how complex the story is, and how what we know so far is just a tiny glimpse into the deeper mysteries of Zemuria.

Looking forward to playing Zero next year.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
So, that's Trails 3rd finished. That opens like a world of Spoiler boxes here, it's amazing how people are still talking about some of those doors, even after 6 games having been released since. Hard to imagine any other series with so long reaching connections.

Easily my favourite game of the Sky arc, though it's not entirely fair as the game is basically just one payoff after the other, all of which was build up in FC and SC. It also gives you a real sense of how complex the story is, and how what we know so far is just a tiny glimpse into the deeper mysteries of Zemuria.

Grats, doors are literally opening now.

That goodbye at the end broke me. It really has a lot of emotional pay offs.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017

One of us... one of us...

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
finished SC today

what a pleasant game

the scene on
the beach (you know the one). "my beloved Joshua" 😭

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Currently in chapter 2 of AO. So many faces from other games are appearing, so many events are referenced, so many connections are made
I hope Randy and Fie get a chance to talk in CS3 or 4.
Also,
the trade conference
is about to begin and you just know that shit is going to hit the fan like crazy. Holy shit, so many players are on the board right now.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

finished SC today

what a pleasant game

the scene on
the beach (you know the one). "my beloved Joshua" 😭

h2xcHlE.png

"And that's why you shouldn't skip my games."

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Cold Steel 2 is on sale on Amazon/Best Buy for $29.99. Oh God, what have I done, bought it even though I'm only chapter 4 of CS1. RIP March onslaught, I'm set until summer, lol.