• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FizzMino

Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
Arios is 32, and Rean 20 by the time of Reverie. Unless in your personal head canon you somehow like to imagine a 12 year old fathering a child, I don't really see it.

That said, I kinda see what you mean Rean doesn't really take after his biological father much visually. More looking like his mother

This is a JRPG, a 32 year old mine as well be 100

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
CS2's soundtrack is still my favourite. Glad you're enjoying it and the game.

Posting my thoughts from the "What JRPG are you playing right now thread;"

Haven't post here in a bit:

PS5: Still chugging along in Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie. Finished the main story which I liked; though I felt the mastermind behind it was kinda "meh" I was expecting some big reveal and we got Alternate timeline (Ishmelga) Rean which was a little bit anticlimactic to me. But the revelation behind "LP" was pretty cool though; very nice endings all around; though especially for "Team C."

Currently finishing up the "reverie" corridor storyline which is finally getting interesting! Hopefully the mastermind/cause behind that actually delivers.

Though I did complain about the amount of characters the game gives you; as it drives my compulsiveness to equip them all with the best gear/quartz. I'm absolutely loving being able to try out some of the characters and trying out their end of battle quips! Arios is my new and favorite evasion tank….He's Rean's dad in my head-canon!!!
I finished the main story too, just taking my time with TRC and daydreams now. TRC has been every bit as addictive as I had hoped.
Lloyd's route is noticeably weaker than the other two. I liked seeing the Crossbell characters/locales that weren't in CS3/4, but it didn't do enough to hold my interest. I suppose it's a testament to how well the duology already handled the essential character arcs. With not much ground left to tread, it comes off as mainly fan service for those who didn't enjoy Crossbell's liberation being told through stills.

C's route is a follow-up that I didn't know I wanted. The group dynamic is great, largely due to everyone bouncing so well off of LP. Watching Rufus get Class VII to do some of his dirty work was a blast, and there was enough 'show, don't tell' to sell how CS4 changed him. Trails at its finest here imo.

As for Rean's route: no more direct connection to the curse, no more Vamilar to rely on and confide in, still an unhealthy amount of self-loathing - there was a clear character arc here that didn't have the payoff it needed in CS4, so it was always going to feel at least a bit like an overdue apology. I'd say it was wrapped up with some proper finesse. Ishmelga Rean is neat follow-up to CS4's 2 endings, and also an easy way to give Rean another opportunity for self-sacrifice, and to provide that closure to his arc by having him reject it and finally acknowledging he needs to prioritize his own happiness from now on. Those were the exact words I needed to hear.

As an aside, one thing I already knew about was the Retributive Tower name change. Disappointing that it wasn't updated in the latest patch, but it's also not the first time a Trails dungeon name was mishandled under NISA's watch (looking at you, thaumaturgical core). Seems like an even more unusual update here considering the localization still references Project Babel.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Currently playing through and loving CS2. I know this game gets some hate but I kinda love it.
Man, this soundtrack has so many bangers.

View: https://youtu.be/WHf7MUSiES4?si=by-2ruldSV026cU3

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQnrk5Iobk

CS2's soundtrack is still my favourite. Glad you're enjoying it and the game.

I finished the main story too, just taking my time with TRC and daydreams now. TRC has been every bit as addictive as I had hoped.
Lloyd's route is noticeably weaker than the other two. I liked seeing the Crossbell characters/locales that weren't in CS3/4, but it didn't do enough to hold my interest. I suppose it's a testament to how well the duology already handled the essential character arcs. With not much ground left to tread, it comes off as mainly fan service for those who didn't enjoy Crossbell's liberation being told through stills.

C's route is a follow-up that I didn't know I wanted. The group dynamic is great, largely due to everyone bouncing so well off of LP. Watching Rufus get Class VII to do some of his dirty work was a blast, and there was enough 'show, don't tell' to sell how CS4 changed him. Trails at its finest here imo.

As for Rean's route: no more direct connection to the curse, no more Vamilar to rely on and confide in, still an unhealthy amount of self-loathing - there was a clear character arc here that didn't have the payoff it needed in CS4, so it was always going to feel at least a bit like an overdue apology. I'd say it was wrapped up with some proper finesse. Ishmelga Rean is neat follow-up to CS4's 2 endings, and also an easy way to give Rean another opportunity for self-sacrifice, and to provide that closure to his arc by having him reject it and finally acknowledging he needs to prioritize his own happiness from now on. Those were the exact words I needed to hear.

As an aside, one thing I already knew about was the Retributive Tower name change. Disappointing that it wasn't updated in the latest patch, but it's also not the first time a Trails dungeon name was mishandled under NISA's watch (looking at you, thaumaturgical core). Seems like an even more unusual update here considering the localization still references Project Babel.

Yeah, I gel with all of this, but especially the first; Lloyds route basically turned Crossbell into a themepark with an even heavier re-hashing of Azure's late game storybeats and structure. It makes me wonder if its they know what to do with that entire city-state now they're free, or if there's a loud fan subsection that demands that same high they got in 2011. CS3 & 4 didnt have this problem with that setting after all.

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQnrk5Iobk

Yeah, I gel with all of this, but especially the first; Lloyds route basically turned Crossbell into a themepark with an even heavier re-hashing of Azure's late game storybeats and structure. It makes me wonder if its they know what to do with that entire city-state now they're free, or if there's a loud fan subsection that demands that same high they got in 2011. CS3 & 4 didnt have this problem with that setting after all.

then you get to the end of act 4 and C and Rean's route have huge moments and story beats and Lloyd's just...whatever/SPOILER]

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Doubt we'll hear much about Kai. july 4-7th, probably hear lots about Daybreak, since that's when it's releasing.

Last edited: