• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Great to be here.
I'm sitting here waiting for Cold Steel 2. Would have got the PS3 version but I need that turbo mode. (
And the cheat to be able to hang out with everybody
)

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*strums lute*

With tear-stained cheeks,
Our hearts call to the sky,
A wish on our breath,
That these trails may cross once more~

Sorry I couldn't resist lol. I'm relatively new to Trails but it's rapidly skyrocketed near the top of my favorite series list, so I'm sure this won't be the last time I post here. I recently finished Cold Steel 1 and sweet Aidios the cliffhangers!! I think they somehow managed to top FC with all the shit they unloaded at once. I feel like I've seen a lot of people say that CS1 is one of their least favorites in the series, but I really loved it. I was wary about having such a large party of characters right off the bat but I ended up liking how they managed it and the way the story was told made the bonds they form over time feel more believable. The only thing that bothered me was the final chapter when
I got a slideshow of story events and Rean was like "Btw we met the emperor, Angelica got kicked outta school, oh yeah and we all visited my hometown you've never seen but that's a story for another day!" I believe my exact words were what is this Xenogears bullshit. Then at the end of the chapter when everyone and their grandma suddenly has their own giant mech I was like holy shit we really have gone full Xenogears lol. I knew there was something off about Crow early on but I was positive he was C when he conveniently split from the group in the mines. I didn't see the Vita/Misty twist coming though but I loved it. Seems like she'll be a great villain, and I really want to learn more about her relationship with Emma aka little Miss I have a bunch of useful secrets that I can't tell because reasons! And obviously I knew Sharon the Supermaid was no ordinary individual but I wasn't expecting her to be a former member of Ouroboros!
Ok that's enough rambling from me. Can't wait to play CS2 and I'm eagerly anticipating a localization announcement for CS3. Hopefully we get some news on that soon and hopefully that news comes from Xseed. :P

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
I actually loved CS1 when I played it for the first time only a couple of weeks ago. So you're not alone Orion! Kiseki as a whole has me more invested than any other series in gaming right now. Can't wait for CS2 on steam. Also, Ao and Zero in English please.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Great to be here.
I'm sitting here waiting for Cold Steel 2. Would have got the PS3 version but I need that turbo mode. (
And the cheat to be able to hang out with everybody
)

I don't feel turbo mode is as essential as it is in the Sky games (where it's a gamechanger).

All battle animations can be skipped outright, cutscenes can be fast forwarded by holding o and running speed on the field is pretty decent.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I also enjoyed Cold Steel a lot. Especially gameplay wise. There was always a lot going on which is a treat if you played previous games, however it's a step back in writing.

Way more moments where I was like "how can say that with a straight face" lol. That might be because there are plenty of voiced scenes that pronounce it more than in the sky games. Well and it attracts a younger audience, which was kinda the whole point of Falcom.

Great game, but one of my least favorite Trail games.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I also enjoyed Cold Steel a lot. Especially gameplay wise. There was always a lot going on which is a treat if you played previous games, however it's a step back in writing.

Way more moments where I was like "how can say that with a straight face" lol. That might be because there are plenty of voiced scenes that pronounce it more than in the sky games. Well and it attracts a younger audience, which was kinda the whole point of Falcom.

Great game, but one of my least favorite Trail games.

It's not the VA, the writing is definitely a step down from Sky.

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
Hello to everyone! Awesome OT! Glad to finally have my favorite community thread back :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Synohan

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for linking to the Kiseki Wiki!

Also, re:OT. Last time I checked Akatsuki didn't work on PS4 (or Vita) unless you're in Japan.

Akatsuki works on at least PS4 if you can access the Japanese PS Store by making a Japanese PSN account. It's how I personally play it, but the incredibly slow connection is probably a turn off.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just to correct the bit about fan translations, Zero was not machine translated. It was translated by Guren but completely unedited. It's the base being used by the Geofront group.

He's also over 70% through translating Ao, which some folks have said they may be up to edit after Zero.

There is a partial machine translation of Ao floating around though.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually loved CS1 when I played it for the first time only a couple of weeks ago. So you're not alone Orion! Kiseki as a whole has me more invested than any other series in gaming right now. Can't wait for CS2 on steam. Also, Ao and Zero in English please.

The series really deserves more attention than it gets. I mean it's not like they're ahead of the curve in terms of graphics, but the amount of detail they put into the story and characters to craft this rich, overarching narrative is on another level.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
*strums lute*

A wish on our breath,

Sorry I couldn't resist lol. I'm relatively new to Trails but it's rapidly skyrocketed near the top of my favorite series list, so I'm sure this won't be the last time I post here. I recently finished Cold Steel 1 and sweet Aidios the cliffhangers!! I think they somehow managed to top FC with all the shit they unloaded at once. I feel like I've seen a lot of people say that CS1 is one of their least favorites in the series, but I really loved it. I was wary about having such a large party of characters right off the bat but I ended up liking how they managed it and the way the story was told made the bonds they form over time feel more believable. The only thing that bothered me was the final chapter when
I got a slideshow of story events and Rean was like "Btw we met the emperor, Angelica got kicked outta school, oh yeah and we all visited my hometown you've never seen but that's a story for another day!" I believe my exact words were what is this Xenogears bullshit. Then at the end of the chapter when everyone and their grandma suddenly has their own giant mech I was like holy shit we really have gone full Xenogears lol. I knew there was something off about Crow early on but I was positive he was C when he conveniently split from the group in the mines. I didn't see the Vita/Misty twist coming though but I loved it. Seems like she'll be a great villain, and I really want to learn more about her relationship with Emma aka little Miss I have a bunch of useful secrets that I can't tell because reasons! And obviously I knew Sharon the Supermaid was no ordinary individual but I wasn't expecting her to be a former member of Ouroboros!
Ok that's enough rambling from me. Can't wait to play CS2 and I'm eagerly anticipating a localization announcement for CS3. Hopefully we get some news on that soon and hopefully that news comes from Xseed. :P

FYI in regards to your spoiler, that section was used for the drama CD that I think came with the JP LE. The script is officially translated by Xseed and available on the ToCS site alongside the one for CS2

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, we're in there!

Just started chapter 2 of CS3. What a somber, yet fitting town theme...

Pedetemptim

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a slideshow of story events and Rean was like "Btw we met the emperor, Angelica got kicked outta school, oh yeah and we all visited my hometown you've never seen but that's a story for another day!"
This part was covered in more detail in a drama CD. Some of its events actually get referenced in CS II, so it's a good idea to read it before playing the second game. XSEED have a translation of it on the official site of CS II: http://www.trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

You probably don't want to check the other pages of the website if you want to play CS II completely blind.

EDIT: Beaten.
EDIT 2: Missed a word.

Last edited:

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It's not the VA, the writing is definitely a step down from Sky.

I think it's both. The dub is excellent, let's not argue about that. However the Sky games didn't have voiced dialogues outside battles in English. There are some flowery lines that when spoken would definitey be more "cringey".

Cold Steel (I&II) is definitely written for a younger audience, so there are more of those lines in the game than sky. I can appreciate the style eventhough it's not my favorite.

OP
OP
Synohan

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Just to correct the bit about fan translations, Zero was not machine translated. It was translated by Guren but completely unedited. It's the base being used by the Geofront group.

He's also over 70% through translating Ao, which some folks have said they may be up to edit after Zero.

There is a partial machine translation of Ao floating around though.

Thank you for the corrections, edited now.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
*strums lute*

A wish on our breath,

mzzVorN.jpg

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FYI in regards to your spoiler, that section was used for the drama CD that I think came with the JP LE. The script is officially translated by Xseed and available on the ToCS site alongside the one for CS2
This part was covered in more detail in a drama CD. Some of its events actually get referenced in CS II, so it's a good idea to read it before playing the second game. XSEED have a translation of it on the official site of CS II: http://www.trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

You probably don't want to check the other pages of the website if you want to play CS II completely blind.

EDIT: Beaten.
EDIT 2: Missed a word.

Oh ok cool, thanks!

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Time to test out spoiler posting in Xenforo, something I haven't done in a while.

Anton is the Grandmaster

Oh, that's convenient...

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
The wait for Sen 3 localization continues into a new era!

It's great to see the community regroup here. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Yes, I just reconfirmed in The OT |OT|. I can collaborate with you if desired, though I already have most of it ready thanks to visitilvard.com being as thorough and friendly to paraphrase as it is.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Yes, I just reconfirmed in The OT |OT|. I can collaborate with you if desired, though I already have most of it ready thanks to visitilvard.com being as thorough and friendly to paraphrase as it is.

No worries! I think you have done a much better job than I ever could. I'll just post PC performance tips or mods (if there's any) later since I have a decent rig.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's start this thread with the only real question: Zero/Ao when?
The Zero fantranslation editing seems to be progressing really well. I don't know that we'll get an official release (even if I really hope so), but there's that.

Seeing all the community efforts, I don't doubt we'll get to play them one way or another.

I move that the Zero OT be named Break Over The Language Barrier btw.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
I feel perhaps overly optimistic that we'll get official releases for Zero/Ao but if not, fans will make sure we get them. There are few games I want more than those two.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked by an official release for those, but I don't really expect it. Especially since CS3 apparently has something to at least cover the key details for people who didn't play them.

I'm ready for the finished fan translations though.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
If anything, I am almost confident we'll see English CS3 localisation first including 100% completion rate from Esterior before we would even get a definitive hint from XSEED about Zero/Ao. I didn't even think that we could get 3rd last year, so I'm all of keeping the hope alive.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I was mostly taking the piss, I'm very happy that fans are working on them and trust they'll do a decent job. It's quite a feat though, those games are massive.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Getting quality patches for Zero and Ao rocks already, but a better English version of Nayuta's icing on the cake. We're blessed to have a (mostly) great fan translation community dedicated to games both niche and well-known.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for linking to the Kiseki Wiki!

Also, re:OT. Last time I checked Akatsuki didn't work on PS4 (or Vita) unless you're in Japan.

Did this change since launch? About a week after the game launched, I was playing it on my Vita.

Also yaaaaaay Kiiiiiseeeekiiiiiiii

Gonna dig back into Sen 3 this weekend hopefully.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did this change since launch? About a week after the game launched, I was playing it on my Vita.

Also yaaaaaay Kiiiiiseeeekiiiiiiii

Gonna dig back into Sen 3 this weekend hopefully.

3055.jpg

Is... is that Elliot? What... have you done to him... he's far too pure and innocent to know anything about Mara!

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Getting quality patches for Zero and Ao rocks already, but a better English version of Nayuta's icing on the cake. We're blessed to have a (mostly) great fan translation community dedicated to games both niche and well-known.

Yep, glad I have my copy of Nayuta.

And wasn't there a WIP patch for Ys vs Sora no Kiseki? Not that it's particularly great, but it's a neat diversion for fans of those series with lots of other Falcom references.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Praise Aidios for her benevolence! After months of lurking, I've finally decided to join this wonderful community! Nice to meetcha⋆

I've been a Kiseki fan ever since Shizuka convinced me to buy FC in 2011 and it's been a journey ever since. You think having to wait all those years for SC would have made me play the titles as soon as possible, but I still haven't played 3rd and CSII for some reason... I intend to play 3rd soon, at least. Might as well just wait for the PC version of CSII, right?

Anyway, that's it for now!