• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
to do this i still have no clue how i managed to do not one, not two but three complete runs of FC on PSP

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should replay the games one day, because even if it hasn't been long (~6 months or so), I already forgot some small details and plot points, and in those are some of the most interesting stuff about the series

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
OK - I'll power through. I already accidentally took a 5+ day break thanks to just having some other stuff going on, so I'll commit to just getting through these slow parts, use a guide for the sidequests, and then trust the plot snowball to carry me through the final 10-15 hours.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
OK - I'll power through. I already accidentally took a 5+ day break thanks to just having some other stuff going on, so I'll commit to just getting through these slow parts, use a guide for the sidequests, and then trust the plot snowball to carry me through the final 10-15 hours.

It's interesting as it's usually it's Ch.2 that softens the resolve of most players that waver.

But let the power of Nihon Falcom Soundteam_JDK give you strength, cuz well, I'll let you find out.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally restarted Third Chapter and whew, I forgot how much I missed the Sky characters. I was pretty meh on Erebonia's cast from CS 1 and 2, but TitS just checks all the boxes for me. I also was originally put off by the dungeon crawl nature of TC, but it works wonders for the pacing. Not worrriyng about talking to every NPC or sidequests make exploring so much more fun, and the doors are awesome ways to fill in the gaps for certain characters (Kloe's talk with Joshua was awesome for example). I'm starting to get the Kiseki bug agian, even though I've heard middling things for CS III and IV (well mainly IV) :P

Thank fuck Turbo mode exists in this game though, dunno if I'd have the patience otherwise.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting as it's usually it's Ch.2 that softens the resolve of most players that waver.

But let the power of Nihon Falcom Soundteam_JDK give you strength, cuz well, I'll let you find out.

Wow really? Chapter 2 has been my favorite part of the game so far. The student play was amazing and wholesome (as long as you settle in and prepare for the lengthy interlude). The crusty lighthouse keeper, protecting the orphans... pretty interesting sidequests. It was great.

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, just got Richard. Why did they make this man so overpowered again?

Not only his STR/SPD stupid high with some good crafts, but they also gave him amazing ATS with a perfect orbment line for a caster setup? Why did they make Jossette trash AGAIN? WHY FALCOM!?

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
Hm, just got Richard. Why did they make this man so overpowered again?

Not only his STR/SPD stupid high with some good crafts, but they also gave him amazing ATS with a perfect orbment line for a caster setup? Why did they make Jossette trash AGAIN? WHY FALCOM!?
obligatory
DD10AA180E63BD0C1E77469DE7434C1D58589905

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Ruan is definitely the king. Zeiss theme got on my nerves with that happy little upswing part of the song that loops.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
this is my first time seeing this and i am deceased

Yeah, it's pretty great. I disagree with Agate being a one-trick pony though. Dude's the only character with both (ranged) impede and delay moves. Just because you CAN Wild Rage into Dragon Dive all day long doesn't mean you SHOULD. I had the same reaction on his other "negative" though.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem is fucking school setting now. I blame Trails of Cold Steel. I'm only half joking.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that's been bummed by Fire Emblem should go play utawarerumono

Anyone that's hyped for new Fire Emblem should go play utawarerumono

what im saying is, go play utawarerumono

Yeah, it's pretty great. I disagree with Agate being a one-trick pony though. Dude's the only character with both (ranged) impede and delay moves. Just because you CAN Wild Rage into Dragon Dive all day long doesn't mean you SHOULD. I had the same reaction on his other "negative" though.

the visor is really cute tho ngl

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I finished Sky FC chapter 3 and I'm in the final chapter now and ya'll weren't joking this game is now poppin' off like crazy. It's getting nuts.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
obligatory
DD10AA180E63BD0C1E77469DE7434C1D58589905

This tier list is pretty bad

• Schera being in Mid Tier is laughable when she has turn manipulation
  • Joshua isn't Top Tier when all bosses and a fair amount of enemies resist delay in 3rd
  • Ries is at least high, given how she can function as a CP battery
  • Scythe & Olivier shouldn't be a tier apart when Olivier's orbment can be still be arranged to have an OP arts setup (due to instant access to legendary quartz) and their difference in AT is negligible
  • Kloe's debuffs got nerfed to shit and her other crafts are terrible
  • Estelle is at least mid tier for Morale & Supreme Break

imo its

Outright Broken
-Katana Jesus

Top Tier
-Kevin
-Schera
-Tita

High Tier
-Scythe
-Olivier
-Zin
-Agate
-Ries

Mid Tier
-Anelace
-Joshua
-Estelle

Low Tier
-Julia
-Mueller

Bottom
-Duh

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with Josette is that the game incentivises you not to use her with her 3rd ability thingy. I forget the name, it's been ages.
She could honestly be legit mid to high tier, and she'd still be benched because no one fills her specific niche of not being used better.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The biggest problem with Josette is that the game incentivises you not to use her with her 3rd ability thingy. I forget the name, it's been ages.
She could honestly be legit mid to high tier, and she'd still be benched because no one fills her specific niche of not being used better.

The remote ability. Or also known as the bench.

Josette would be good in any other game.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I can concur with that tier list that you can't even use Josette as a good Earth Wall caster because her orbment layout is that bad.

Maybe she was literally designed to be a joke character like Dan from Street Fighter lol.

NexasX

Oct 29, 2017
While I'm tempted to pick up ToCS3 later this year, I'm holding out for news of the inevitable PC port for ToCS3, if only because I'm not sure if the PS4 version will have the QoL features I've come to take for granted in the series (cough cough Turbo Mode). Also I've heard tell that there's no save carry over feature from 2 to 3, is that true? That was pretty much another reason for me to wait it out.

Deleted member 43810

User requested account closure
Banned
May 23, 2018
Yeah, there's no save import in Sen 3.

On the other hand - https://gematsu.com/2019/02/falcom-...s-the-future-of-the-trails-series-on-march-24

Falcom will debut development footage of Ys IX: Monstrum Nox and company president Toshihiro Kondo will discuss the future development of the Trails series during a stage event at Dengeki Game Festival 2019 on March 24 from 17:00 to 18:30 JST, Dengeki announced.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/02/falcom-...trails-series-on-march-24#21PJOeHSkzgYOVxa.99

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
*standing on a pile of capua visors*

JOSETTE IS GOOD

*standing on a bigger pile of capua visors*

JOSETTE X JOSHUA

But in the end, he remained SO UN-CUTE!

I can concur with that tier list that you can't even use Josette as a good Earth Wall caster because her orbment layout is that bad.

Maybe she was literally designed to be a joke character like Dan from Street Fighter lol.

Now we're getting it!

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Estelle's utterly bizarre fixation on calling Josette a tomboy to be one of the funniest things ever

Talk about projecting

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I love how no matter how much Estelle matures over the course of the games, Josette's still capable of making her turn back into her FC prologue-form on the mira-equivalent of a dime.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/falcom-president-teases-title-reveal-for-trails-series-15th-anniversary?

fairly short article, but some choice quotes

"The Trails of Cold Steel series is over, and naturally one of our challenges is how do we continue, while at the same time we want the next series to trace back the previous stories even for users who haven't played the Trails of Cold Steel series at all,"

"Also, while Trails of Cold Steel wrapped up in four titles, there is still a little more we wanted to do, so I wonder if we'll do some sort of two-pronged strategy where something can be done on that front."

I was very skeptical to what they would do regarding Crossbell, but assuming this translation is accurate this honestly sounds like they could be working on a Crossbell remake while slowly working on the next arc. Maybe even working in a short epilogue at some point to bridge to Calvard?