• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Since Sara and Millium were in the same day this week, this means they're moving onto new class 7 next week maybe? It'll be cool to hear some new voices. I hope they still brought back Towa's VA tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Sad that they couldn't get Ashley back for Millium.
this is honestly a pretty terrible way they are handling these VA reveals. One of the first questions was whether the cast would have changes, so drip feeding that and just glossing it over when they have a change comes off pretty terribly to me

Man listening to all of these voice lines...I really hope these arent from in the game. My faith was pretty low but between machias, millium, and laura those are 3 lines that really shouldn't be making it into the actual edited dialog.

Last edited:

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
You think Sara's line is out of place? I think their line choices are a bit weird for showing off character audio, but it's not something I don't see those characters saying. Maybe I'm giving them a lot of benefit of the doubt?

Oct 25, 2017
You think Sara's line is out of place? I think their line choices are a bit weird for showing off character audio, but it's not something I don't see those characters saying. Maybe I'm giving them a lot of benefit of the doubt?
No? Sara's line seems like something I could find a place for in dialog and it would fit, the 3 I highlighted though? theres no place where those would fit.

Machias: "I'll help class vii however I can as a protector of justice"

This one is hard for me to even say how to fix it without the dialog around it, but I definitely would've looked for ways to completely cut the "protector of justice" part of the line and turn it into something else. Even as a base level fix changing Protector to Defender comes of slightly more natural.

Laura: "At long last I can fight you on equal grounds"

Equal...Grounds...? I dont know if Ive ever heard this phrase uttered with grounds plural, and it definitely comes off stilted. A quick google search gets me only coffee shops and an urban dictionary article. Take the pluralization off and you get things like super bowl articles. Changing the phrase altogether to "Even footing" gets you the most natural phrase in english.

Millium: "Alrighty then, lets gogogo"

I'm not sure if its the delivery or the line here, but I'm going to go with the line to give the VA a chance instead of judging from 1 line. For the line though...the repeated gogogo changed to a single exclaimed GO or GET GOING would be a lot better.

None of this is "ys viii" bad, but all of it leaves me expecting "best possible" from nisa, and not something living up to the series standard. Which is basically what ive expected all along. I'll keep no optimism as to not be disappointed on release.

Last edited:

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Laura specifically, she's always talked a little... formally? I would personally change the line to "even ground", but it's not necessarily completely out of character, plural stuff aside.
Machias's line is a lost cause though.
Millium I need to hear more of.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
this is honestly a pretty terrible way they are handling these VA reveals. One of the first questions was whether the cast would have changes, so drip feeding that and just glossing it over when they have a change comes off pretty terribly to me

Man listening to all of these voice lines...I really hope these arent from in the game. My faith was pretty low but between machias, millium, and laura those are 3 lines that really shouldn't be making it into the actual edited dialog.

NISA actually RT'd this

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
My problem with Millium's line (aside from the noticeable decrease in squeakiness) is how slowly the three "go"s are said in sequence, I swear she says the same thing at some point in the previous games (I think it's what she says upon beginning an exploration of the Old Schoolhouse?) but quicker.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Since Sara and Millium were in the same day this week, this means they're moving onto new class 7 next week maybe? It'll be cool to hear some new voices. I hope they still brought back Towa's VA tho.
Should those future voice previews put in spoiler tags considering they may or may not be returning characters?

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I really liked Millium's voice, but she was one of the few that was expected to get recast so ah well, it happens. Gonna take some adjustment probably, but I don't think the short clip is bad and I'll definitely reserve judgement until this game drops.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I'll save judgment for the performance in game, not one line on their website, really not sure what they think there.

Wish they credited their VA's at least.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
A weird question but is Trail in the Sky the 3rd essential if say, I wanna play Sky FC and Sky SC but then want to move on to Zero No Kiseki? (I'd return to 3rd at a later date if it it's own thing).

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Apparantly Zero's ending has one hell of a lot more impact if you've played 3rd. In fact, Falcom initially started work on Zero, then realized they had more world building to finish up so they created 3rd and then went back to Zero. It's a really good idea to play that one first.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
A weird question but is Trail in the Sky the 3rd essential if say, I wanna play Sky FC and Sky SC but then want to move on to Zero No Kiseki? (I'd return to 3rd at a later date if it it's own thing).

A lot of Zero works on its own themes, characters and storybuilding, but playing through 3rd first makes zero much better.

There's a certain character arc that continues into the crossbell games.

Also I believe that the more you play in what's already in English, the more connections you'll be able to draw from.

3rd is a very big goodbye to the liberl arc, but also opens many doors for crossbell and erebonia. While it's not essential to enjoy Zero on its own, 3rd sets the foundation where Zero will occasionally build from.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
The 3rd sets up everything to come later. I would highly recommend playing the 3rd before Zero.
Yes it is, don't sleep on it. It's also a very good game.
Apparantly Zero's ending has one hell of a lot more impact if you've played 3rd. In fact, Falcom initially started work on Zero, then realized they had more world building to finish up so they created 3rd and then went back to Zero. It's a really good idea to play that one first.
A lot of Zero works on its own themes, characters and storybuilding, but playing through 3rd first makes zero much better.

There's a certain character arc that continues into the crossbell games.

Also I believe that the more you play in what's already in English, the more connections you'll be able to draw from.

3rd is a very big goodbye to the liberl arc, but also opens many doors for crossbell and erebonia. While it's not essential to enjoy Zero on its own, 3rd sets the foundation where Zero will occasionally build from.

Really though why would you want to skip the best trails game? :P

Alright then! Wanted to make sure. Looks like this month will mainly be around Trails games :P Even though CSII is out early in June I wanna play Zero before then in case characters from Zero goes in CSII and I'll keep Ao for last.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Alright then! Wanted to make sure. Looks like this month will mainly be around Trails games :P Even though CSII is out early in June I wanna play Zero before then in case characters from Zero goes in CSII and I'll keep Ao for last.

When you boot up 3rd just sit on the title screen and listen to that sweet music for a good minute before starting the game. Do it for me. Do it for Takeshita. :P

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So i nust read that one can transfer clear data from CS I vita for use when playing CS II Ps4.

Now, how can this be done?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
When you boot up 3rd just sit on the title screen and listen to that sweet music for a good minute before starting the game. Do it for me. Do it for Takeshita. :P
That will be a while yet hehe, I'm on the last chapter of FC but I assume it has a prologue but just because you ask nicely I shall. :P

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
no way im trusting nisa enough to toss a hundred at them
yeah same here

i bought almost all the merch too so it's almost 300

latest

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Just reached chapter 4 in Ao. Boy, as much as I think the crossbell games have dreadful pacing, they sure know how to ramp things up.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Christ, that Trail in the Sky ending...
Of course Alba was a bad person all this time...I figured Joshua's past wouldn't be all that happy but I didn't expect what I learned...that damn last scene where he gives Estelle the harmonica to the "Whereabout of light" song...gave me feels... :c

General thoughts: What a fantastic game, it didn't waste time in setting up a decent pace for the story and the characters you meet on your journey were all loveable. The game wasn't difficult, I had to retry a fight about 2 or 3 times but that was because I was going about them wrong, I never really got blocked on a boss and required grinding I just went about it the way I usually do, just fight everything on your path. There were times where I'd gain a level or two until the EXP of a specific area was pretty negligible but I ended at LV40 with about 56h playtime. (with almost no AFK time) What a strong first title in this trilogy, I am immediatly buying SC. I need more of that arc and more Estelle shenanigans...more everything!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Of course Alba was a bad person all this time...I figured Joshua's past wouldn't be all that happy but I didn't expect what I learned...that damn last scene where he gives Estelle the harmonica to the "Whereabout of light" song...gave me feels... :c

General thoughts: What a fantastic game, it didn't waste time in setting up a decent pace for the story and the characters you meet on your journey were all loveable. The game wasn't difficult, I had to retry a fight about 2 or 3 times but that was because I was going about them wrong, I never really got blocked on a boss and required grinding I just went about it the way I usually do, just fight everything on your path. There were times where I'd gain a level or two until the EXP of a specific area was pretty negligible but I ended at LV40 with about 56h playtime. (with almost no AFK time) What a strong first title in this trilogy, I am immediatly buying SC. I need more of that arc and more Estelle shenanigans...more everything!

You will get all of that and more. And you don't even have to go through the trauma many of us went through when we finished a game on that note and had to wait 4 years for the sequel.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
You will get all of that and more. And you don't even have to go through the trauma many of us went through when we finished a game on that note and had to wait 4 years for the sequel.
Yeah, a part of me is mad that I slept on this serie for so long...but the advantage is now that i'm into it I get to play most of 'em back to back.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

Not to mention that at one point hope for an official localization was all but lost. I had to hold back tears when XSeed announced SC.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Started SC immediatly...I had to before bed. >_>
Not much to "spoil" here but man...I felt so sad for Estelle when she thought Joshua would be back at home, even though she knew he wouldn't be. Once more the game doesn't waste time, I did a bit of Le Locle but now I gotta save Kurt! Love Estelle's new duds and the new music so far is pretty good! I like the reasoning behind you losing your quartz from FC, didn't expect them to even cover that haha.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Should those future voice previews put in spoiler tags considering they may or may not be returning characters?

I think it strongly depends on who it is. We already know of at least two returning Crossbell characters based on the promotional image.

SC is so good, enjoy! Also yeah
it really hurts to watch the beginning of that game. Poor Estelle :(

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you don't have strong feelings about game sequels reusing assets and covering old ground, because boy does the Trails series like to reuse assets and cover old ground.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Started SC immediatly...I had to before bed. >_>
Not much to "spoil" here but man...I felt so sad for Estelle when she thought Joshua would be back at home, even though she knew he wouldn't be. Once more the game doesn't waste time, I did a bit of Le Locle but now I gotta save Kurt! Love Estelle's new duds and the new music so far is pretty good! I like the reasoning behind you losing your quartz from FC, didn't expect them to even cover that haha.

h2xcHlE.png

"Oh, I've only just begun..."

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Orbal arts seems quite a bit more powerful this time around compared to melee, in SC.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Eh, your melee characters can still put some major hurt on enemies, as long as you give them a bit of a boost with Morale or La Forte. I'd say FC was where melee was at its weakest in the Sky games.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, your melee characters can still put some major hurt on enemies, as long as you give them a bit of a boost with Morale or La Forte. I'd say FC was where melee was at its weakest in the Sky games.
Yeah I noticed now, played a fair bit more since that post.
Made it back to Ruan and geared up then began hitting the trail for the sidequests available, me and Schera are tearing through stuff, also fishing is simple but fun, plus it's good for miras.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
bold choice on your #2
most people go with the grumpy man on their first (sometimes only) playthrough