• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
CS4 Juna design lol.

Should've at least posted the one of her in the Kuon costume.
ToCS4-Utazan_10-11-18_001.jpg
i wonder whose d*ck i have to suck to get this brought over

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Where abouts did you buy it from? I remember someone posting a link a while back but the site was really difficult to navigate and all I could see was hentai games. Can Ao be bought legally at all or is it best we don't talk about that?
there is a similar post about buying Ao on the falcom reddit but it honestly is extremely difficult to get a copy of and get to run due to its release state, there are easier ways

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably because I've seen CS1 running on PC that it doesn't seem like it. Shadow quality was one of the biggest issues on PS3 and those look way better. IQ and texture filtering too.
Environments still look just as blocky though and animations still seem pretty stiff. Oh well, we aren't in it for the graphics anyway lol.
My issue with CS1+2 is the character models. I feel like they all have chubby cheeks going on and the models in CS3 definitely resemble their artwork more.

And look at that NPC! That's crazy!
https://i.imgur.com/MDZsvfq.jpg

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

Randy is giving some fierce competition to Gaius in the husbando department.

So, last two days or so I didn't really play, what's with all the ProJared shit that happened that left me sorely disappointed because i respected the guy. I couldn't really focus much but I finally resumed my adventures!

Trails in the Sky SC
Made it in Grancel once more! This time multiple letters were sent to various locations in reference to the upcoming treaty, our mission was to question folks from said locations. As suggested by user Erpy I'll be using Kloe and Olivier for that CS foreshadowing...unless I missed it. I did had a brief moment of inattention while speaking to Duke Dunan in the royale villa...and I can't remember 100% what was said so hopefully I didn't miss it. Also met Renne for the 2nd time, looks like her parents are somewhere we don't know yet...I have a feeling Renne will be very, very important.

Will play more later!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
If you didn't have an "aha"-moment after that part, you missed it.

After speaking to Dunan with Kloe and Olivier in your party and leaving his room, Kloe acknowledges that he had a point about her being averse to the public spotlight and barely being known and how that was a problem with an up-and-coming ruler. Olivier then points out that Erebonia had a prince in the past who was barely known until he made his entrance during a civil war that claimed the lives of most other successors and brought peace to the Empire. Kloe asks if Olivier is talking about Emperor Dreichels and Olivier says that he is.

Assuming you brought those two along, this point was the first time Dreichels (who founded Thors) and the War of the Lions were mentioned in the Trails canon, 3 games before they become relevant again.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Randy is giving some fierce competition to Gaius in the husbando department.

So, last two days or so I didn't really play, what's with all the ProJared shit that happened that left me sorely disappointed because i respected the guy. I couldn't really focus much but I finally resumed my adventures!

Trails in the Sky SC
Made it in Grancel once more! This time multiple letters were sent to various locations in reference to the upcoming treaty, our mission was to question folks from said locations. As suggested by user Erpy I'll be using Kloe and Olivier for that CS foreshadowing...unless I missed it. I did had a brief moment of inattention while speaking to Duke Dunan in the royale villa...and I can't remember 100% what was said so hopefully I didn't miss it. Also met Renne for the 2nd time, looks like her parents are somewhere we don't know yet...I have a feeling Renne will be very, very important.

Will play more later!

I guess in looks, but Randy has Gaius beat in personality.

Also, I'm enjoying Zero even with this fan translation (which honestly isn't that bad, just incomplete).

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started Cold Steel 2 last night and finished the Prologue today. I'm playing it on Hard this time thanks to suggestions from people in the discord, and while the first fights were a bit of a struggle I'm enjoying this rhythm.

I'm getting light Mass Effect vibes from this premise, think I'm going to revisit old places, see how they changed during the war and recruit allies to my party, and I like all that. It is also an interesting dynamic to see Ouroboros openly working with other factions.
I kinda wanted Rean's parents to die there so he could start searching for his biological father (who is definitely Victor), but... I don't think I ever seen a good character dying onscreen in these games; shame, Rean can delay that task for a few more hours.

Things i want answered in this game:
  • Skullgreymon powers, where do they come from;
  • When will the game tell me Rean is Victor's son;
  • Is this the game where i'll meet the
    sixth Anguis
    , with these mass-produced mecha all over the place. CS1 said the robots were produced by Reinford Group's 5th division, but is that related to the Thirteen Factories or is it something else;
  • Also let me meet that ghost that helped me in Lohengrin Castle;
  • Will Machias be 10x more annoying now that he realizes he was right all along;
  • Is McBurn the creator of visual kei? He's not all the way there, but it's a start.

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
I started Cold Steel 2 last night and finished the Prologue today. I'm playing it on Hard this time thanks to suggestions from people in the discord, and while the first fights were a bit of a struggle I'm enjoying this rhythm.

I'm getting light Mass Effect vibes from this premise, think I'm going to revisit old places, see how they changed during the war and recruit allies to my party, and I like all that. It is also an interesting dynamic to see Ouroboros openly working with other factions.
I kinda wanted Rean's parents to die there so he could start searching for his biological father (who is definitely Victor), but... I don't think I ever seen a good character dying onscreen in these games; shame, Rean can delay that task for a few more hours.

Things i want answered in this game:
  • Skullgreymon powers, where do they come from;
  • When will the game tell me Rean is Victor's son;
  • Is this the game where i'll meet the
    sixth Anguis
    , with these mass-produced mecha all over the place. CS1 said the robots were produced by Reinford Group's 5th division, but is that related to the Thirteen Factories or is it something else;
  • Also let me meet that ghost that helped me in Lohengrin Castle;
  • Will Machias be 10x more annoying now that he realizes he was right all along;
  • Is McBurn the creator of visual kei? He's not all the way there, but it's a start.

They hated Machias because he spoke the truth.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Did some really good progress in Trails SC!
3 was pretty intense, especially toward the end. Damn Renne, of course she's an evil little kid! This definitely isn't the last time we'll see the Pater-Mater i'm sure... The tank we battled sure didn't make it far and finally Kanone was arrested! Once all was done with we've moved on to Bose but had to stop in Rolent due to some insane fog that slowly spreaded further and further in the region. Naturally, the team put a stop to it and it was, unsurprisingly, the work of ANOTHER Enforcer from Ouroboros...ooooh I can't wait to get my hands on some of these folks...Now I can finally head to Bose so, technically, I haven't started Chapter 5 even though i'm in it, I just cleared up the quests left in Rolent.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I fired up zero on PC last night briefly and it has really bad screen tearing and no vsync option..

I'll wait until maybe a month before CSIII and if it looks like the translation is still a ways off I'll just play it with the existing one

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Alright.

In the past 3 weeks I have finished: Trails in the Sky SC, 3rd, Zero no Kiseki and Ao. My body is ready for Cold Steel 3. I can't freakin' wait for it to come out! So much hype right now. Btw Ao and 3rd were both fantastic. Ao is now my top favorite game in the series, just above Cold Steel 2.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Did some really good progress in Trails SC!
3 was pretty intense, especially toward the end. Damn Renne, of course she's an evil little kid! This definitely isn't the last time we'll see the Pater-Mater i'm sure... The tank we battled sure didn't make it far and finally Kanone was arrested! Once all was done with we've moved on to Bose but had to stop in Rolent due to some insane fog that slowly spreaded further and further in the region. Naturally, the team put a stop to it and it was, unsurprisingly, the work of ANOTHER Enforcer from Ouroboros...ooooh I can't wait to get my hands on some of these folks...Now I can finally head to Bose so, technically, I haven't started Chapter 5 even though i'm in it, I just cleared up the quests left in Rolent.

Good news is that the game only goes up from where you're at. Definitely felt like chapters 2-4 were the weakest part of the game (and the entire Sky trilogy).

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Good news is that the game only goes up from where you're at. Definitely felt like chapters 2-4 were the weakest part of the game (and the entire Sky trilogy).
You weren't kidding...
Man, it just keep getting better and better. Who would've thought we'd have to face a friggin dragon so soon! The fight with it was pretty good and the conclusion to it with Agate was great! My favorite part of C.5 is definitely Agate's backstory. It didn't click in my head that I had already read Mischa's name on the grave before...and even in FC but yeah...tragic unsurprisingly. I do like the interactions between he and Tita, especially when she act like Mischa for a moment. Those two always had some solid interactions.

Chapter 6 was something too...vacations at Kingfisher Inn had to be cut short when we found a wounded Kurt drifting in a boat, quite obviously luring us to Ouroboros. The laboratory dungeon was pretty simple but fun. Some great bosses in it and a solid conclusion too. That ouroboros ship is bonkers, Estelle being Estelle of course had to bust out and di so in grand fashion. I didn't expect to see Gilbert again...I made sure to at least beat him, whether or not i'd win the fight or lose. Finally Joshua returned and I loved the scene on the beach after the escape. <3 Happy to see him back with us and, as expected, he and Loewe had a damn tragic backstory. Heck, the entirety of Hamel did...

I'm on chapter 7 now, looks like there's one more chapter to go after. Time to visit those 4 towers, had to sooner or later. Sadly Olivier left..with an ominous message too. Until now he was always my main ATS user with such spell like Titanic Roar and many, many moar. Kevin should be a solid replacement, he's got some good crafts and he can be customized enough that he'll have almost exactly the same spell Olivier did.

Eager to see more later!

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
You weren't kidding...
Man, it just keep getting better and better. Who would've thought we'd have to face a friggin dragon so soon! The fight with it was pretty good and the conclusion to it with Agate was great! My favorite part of C.5 is definitely Agate's backstory. It didn't click in my head that I had already read Mischa's name on the grave before...and even in FC but yeah...tragic unsurprisingly. I do like the interactions between he and Tita, especially when she act like Mischa for a moment. Those two always had some solid interactions.

Chapter 6 was something too...vacations at Kingfisher Inn had to be cut short when we found a wounded Kurt drifting in a boat, quite obviously luring us to Ouroboros. The laboratory dungeon was pretty simple but fun. Some great bosses in it and a solid conclusion too. That ouroboros ship is bonkers, Estelle being Estelle of course had to bust out and di so in grand fashion. I didn't expect to see Gilbert again...I made sure to at least beat him, whether or not i'd win the fight or lose. Finally Joshua returned and I loved the scene on the beach after the escape. <3 Happy to see him back with us and, as expected, he and Loewe had a damn tragic backstory. Heck, the entirety of Hamel did...

I'm on chapter 7 now, looks like there's one more chapter to go after. Time to visit those 4 towers, had to sooner or later. Sadly Olivier left..with an ominous message too. Until now he was always my main ATS user with such spell like Titanic Roar and many, many moar. Kevin should be a solid replacement, he's got some good crafts and he can be customized enough that he'll have almost exactly the same spell Olivier did.

Eager to see more later!

The music in late game SC gets SOOOO good.

That scene on the beach tho ;_; that shit hurt. Humble Estelle telling off Joshua like he deserved was so good though. The tomboy never stood a chance.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
The music in late game SC gets SOOOO good.

That scene on the beach tho ;_; that shit hurt. Humble Estelle telling off Joshua like he deserved was so good though. The tomboy never stood a chance.
The hug she gave him while he cried... ;_; And good, Josette doesn't deserve him. She's ok but currently she's just the typical, annoying tsundere character.I guess there had to be one sometimes.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
So I started FC. I've only put about four hours in, but I'm already on board! I had played it a few years ago and I bounced off it pretty quickly but that hasn't happened this time around.
Part of the reason it's grabbed me so quickly this time is that it looks like FC will avoid one of the (many) complaints I had with Cold Steel 1, that complaint being that I thought the way Cold Steel 1 handled the interactions with the other members of Class 7 was kind of bad. Continually splitting the group up meant that I never actually grew to like any of them because I just never got a chance to spend time with them, the social scenes should have been a solution to this issue but those scenes felt incredibly throwaway. As a result I finished CS1 feeling like the majority of Class 7 were nothing other than walking wikis who existed as an excuse to provide info dumps on the part of the world they were familiar with.

This was a pretty big issue for me since one of the main things I tend to latch onto in any piece of fiction is the characters.

(Elliot was best boy though)

So because of that issue with CS1 I was very happy to start FC and immediately see that the relationship between Joshua and Estelle is obviously going to be a key point of these games and that it looks like the game will be focused around a tighter cast of characters that won't change every few hours. I'm also very much into the lower stakes that the game is dealing with at the moment, obviously that will change and there's already been plenty of hints towards bigger stuff going on that I'm not seeing yet, but for now I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I've enjoyed my first few hours.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, hey folks! Here's my next update on my playthrough of SC!

Figured that Chapter 7 would solely be around clearing all 4 towers! I pretty much blazed through each of them, I even got lucky enough to almost kill 2 full groups of 6 shining poms so that was a LOT of free EXP. The only boss that was annoying was Renne but only because I didn't expect her to open up with her S-break which may, or may not cause deathblow. If you lived through that you'll have to deal with the frequent petrification from the robots. Again though, I just loaded a save and equipped the proper accessory and she went down with no effort. Each towers provided some more interesting backstory for almost every Enforcers, which was appreciated. Dat Zin vs Walter though!

Chapter 8 start out on a bang! I thought the Ouroboros ship was big but the Aureole is something else and the effect it has on all of Liberl? Damn! This mean the world map is fully open now so I pretty much visited every major locations to talk to every single NPCs, ontop of completing a couple of monster kill request.I also fixed the Elmo village pump and just got done saving the academy from the takeover. OF COURSE Gilbert would be the idiot behind this. I love how he's so bad he doesn't even get a boss theme and he's got that stupid attack where he bow and "punch" you for awful damage, lmao. Was nice to play with Anelace once more and Kurt for the first time!

Now I'm headed to Grancel but that will wait until later!

Looking forward to more progress later!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Estelle and Josette are the Jusis and Machias of the Sky series and somewhere in Zemuria there's a male Dorothee writing yuri fanfics about them.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I started FC. I've only put about four hours in, but I'm already on board! I had played it a few years ago and I bounced off it pretty quickly but that hasn't happened this time around.
Part of the reason it's grabbed me so quickly this time is that it looks like FC will avoid one of the (many) complaints I had with Cold Steel 1, that complaint being that I thought the way Cold Steel 1 handled the interactions with the other members of Class 7 was kind of bad. Continually splitting the group up meant that I never actually grew to like any of them because I just never got a chance to spend time with them, the social scenes should have been a solution to this issue but those scenes felt incredibly throwaway. As a result I finished CS1 feeling like the majority of Class 7 were nothing other than walking wikis who existed as an excuse to provide info dumps on the part of the world they were familiar with.

This was a pretty big issue for me since one of the main things I tend to latch onto in any piece of fiction is the characters.

(Elliot was best boy though)

So because of that issue with CS1 I was very happy to start FC and immediately see that the relationship between Joshua and Estelle is obviously going to be a key point of these games and that it looks like the game will be focused around a tighter cast of characters that won't change every few hours. I'm also very much into the lower stakes that the game is dealing with at the moment, obviously that will change and there's already been plenty of hints towards bigger stuff going on that I'm not seeing yet, but for now I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I've enjoyed my first few hours.

👀

It's funny that you are playing the Sky trilogy now just when I'm going through the Cold Steel games, plis. I want to see what you think of it once you're done c:

That last sentence you wrote is why I like FC so much.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Regarding the fan translation for Zero and Ao -

Are there any places in the games where they are prone to crash? I'd like to know what can be done. I remember a cooking recipe being a culprit.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Damn, I had no idea she had all that under her belt. Can't say I recognized her in the

CS3 isn't much of an upgrade in terms of visuals is it?
It's probably because I've seen CS1 running on PC that it doesn't seem like it. Shadow quality was one of the biggest issues on PS3 and those look way better. IQ and texture filtering too.
Environments still look just as blocky though and animations still seem pretty stiff. Oh well, we aren't in it for the graphics anyway lol.

Took a look at some pics of CSIV and there seems to be a noticeable upgrade over CSIII.

The biggest upgrade in terms of visuals in CS3 are the character models and animations. Characters in-game are now very close to a 1:1 recreation of their 2D artwork.

Falcom were already improving animations Cold Steel 2 but since then they have released two big RPGs with their respective rereleases.

Cold Steel 3 is very clean and smooth with its presentation.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

Are there any places in the games where they are prone to crash? I'd like to know what can be done. I remember a cooking recipe being a culprit.
In my experience (Zero on PSP), the english patch made it impossible to view the recipe subscreen. As soon as you tried to load a recipe it'll freeze up. I don't believe this is an issue on PC, though.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
*whispers*

They're the same girl

The two characters are similar, which makes them good foils of each other, but the differences are what results in Estelle being awesome and Josette being terrible.

When I played Zero, the game crashed whenever I tried playing the casino games. Fortunately, at no point is it mandatory to play any of the casino games, and all the casino prizes can be obtained by spending cash, although some are expensive (most of the prizes are inconsequential, at least). Maybe the casino games won't cause crashes for you, but I'd recommend saving the game before playing any of the casino games.

When I played Azure, the game could suffer from glitches if I loaded my file from a save state. I don't remember what the particular conditions were that caused these glitches, but it's safe to use save states in the minigames and in battles.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i am playing through the sky trilogy right now after beating CS1 and 2 , i beat the first game and in chapter 2 of sc.
so far its been mostly boring, only end of first game was really interesting (grancel)
first 2 chapters of sc were alright but nothing super interesting, hoping it'll pick up the pace (although i love the HAha and i keep reading it in his voice). earth wall being 75 mana hurt my soul

Last edited:

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Finally jumped back into Trails SC (Beat FC Fall of last year). Looks like I was in chapter 3 when I jumped off for a little while. Break was nice, the characters, music and world are refreshing again! Also the actual battles are refreshing to come back to. FC was one of the first RPGS I ever recall playing that didn't really matter about character level and it was mostly a grind free experience. Getting able to jump back into SC and its systems without having to worry about character levels like other RPGs is awesome. Also the notebook does a great job reminding you where you left off.

For sure play the 3rd Trails game this summer. Maybe even start Cold Steel series (Already own #1 on Vita) late in the year.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The two characters are similar, which makes them good foils of each other, but the differences are what results in Estelle being awesome and Josette being terrible.

When I played Zero, the game crashed whenever I tried playing the casino games. Fortunately, at no point is it mandatory to play any of the casino games, and all the casino prizes can be obtained by spending cash, although some are expensive (most of the prizes are inconsequential, at least). Maybe the casino games won't cause crashes for you, but I'd recommend saving the game before playing any of the casino games.

When I played Azure, the game could suffer from glitches if I loaded my file from a save state. I don't remember what the particular conditions were that caused these glitches, but it's safe to use save states in the minigames and in battles.

How did you get around the save state thing? Do you mean loading directly from a save? I forget what a save state is.

What do you recommend doing to get around it?