• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I just started chapter four of Ao.....holy...fucking...shit.....

And that one scene, at the start.....I cried my eyes out. Fuck that was intense. I knew it was coming, and it still shocked me. Shit.

It was worth the 50 hour wait. holy shit. holy shit.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with Sky FC (replay), is it just me or does it have a really weak soundtrack for a Falcom game? The only tune I'd say particualrly stood out for me is the limestone cave

Music aside I still think this is my least favorite Legend of heroes game, unless you want to count Song of the Ocean

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with Sky FC (replay), is it just me or does it have a really weak soundtrack for a Falcom game? The only tune I'd say particualrly stood out for me is the limestone cave

Music aside I still think this is my least favorite Legend of heroes game, unless you want to count Song of the Ocean
Of the Trails games in English, it probably is my tied least favourite (with Sky SC), but that's really more a commentary on how good the soundtracks of 3rd, CS1 and CS2 are. FC's soundtrack is still great, it's very comfy. Whereabouts of the Light, Hollow Light of the Sealed Land and Silver Will are obvious fan favourites, but consider:

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Estelle wouldn't fuck Josette

372126488943919105.png

Weak for a Falcom game is still better than about 80% of the genre.

Of the Trails games in English, it probably is my tied least favourite (with Sky SC), but that's really more a commentary on how good the soundtracks of 3rd, CS1 and CS2 are. FC's soundtrack is still great, it's very comfy. Whereabouts of the Light, Hollow Light of the Sealed Land and Silver Will are obvious fan favourites, but consider:

Whereabouts of the Stars never fails to choke me up. It's probably my favorite Kiseki ending theme right next to IMAAAAAA

And don't forget the classic

And don't get me started on the Zanmai versions of FC's music. Sophisticated Fight Zanmai is a BOP.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Say what you will about FC's soundtrack, but it has some of the most powerful tunes in the whole series.

Silver Will is immediately recognizable of course, but you have this theme that plays during heartbreaking moments...

And the hair raiser...

It's highly impressive work.
You'd have to have a heart and soul of stone to dismiss these tunes. Especially at 1:03 of the second one.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking closet bi headcanons, shout out to Schera seducing some guy in... chapter 4? Of SC, and if Kloe is with you she just quietly blushes.
Now maybe she's just an innocent cinnamon roll who couldn't even consider the idea of someone being so flirtatious, buuuut...

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Had a really intense fight in chapter 1 of Zero right now,
with the monsters attacking the bus.
Walked into it with the party at half HP and no CP and hadn't saved since leaving town. A heads up would've been nice lol, those monsters are tough.
Then after the fight
E&J showing the noobs how it's done. I need a mod with the original portraits for those two, what the hell did they do to my Estelle?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Tangentially related but Estelle's "I would totally date you if I were a guy" and her getting aroused over Julia's candid pictures definitely means she's closet bi, right

Are you kidding? An Estelle/Kloe/Joshua love triangle would totally work if Joshua's sexuality wasn't completely centered around Estelle and nobody else.

And that's not even bringing up Anelace and her "rivalry".

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean can you blame Joshua. Kloe never stood a chance against Estelle. Estelle is the whole package, she even has the twintails.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018

I'd say it's easily the weakest Trails OST, although I personally am not that impressed by Falcom's soundtracks, in general. To me, Sky 1's OST is just average, with many tracks I don't care for, many I view as solid, and a few that I think are really great. I do distinctly remember being stunned by the final dungeon music ("Hollow Light of the Sealed Land"), since I thought that track was a dramatic leap in quality. That said, I think a lot of the game's tracks are much better in later arrangements; for instance, I don't care that much for the famed "Silver Will" track in its original form, but I really enjoy its Super Arrange version.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if Megan Taylor Harvey was already confirmed, but it's great to have her back. Some voices don't sound too comfortable and on point yet, but that's expected; hoping that will change when things get rolling, as was the case for CS1.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I think everyone sounds good/great except for Juna, who sounds too old for a teenager. I'm kinda worried cause she's in a few climactic scenes where she starts yelling and I think it's gonna sound off.

Tita's voice is GREAT especially. No more squeak.

At first I didn't like Ines because she sounded like a gorilla (I almost laughed myself to death when she swings and goes ERAAAGH), but then I figured that's pretty much how she sounded in JP too and she doesn't talk that much anyway, so everything lines up just right.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Japanese va for me. English va Is good anyway.
Hopefully demo is not that far away but i fear It will come in September

soulslayer

Oct 26, 2017
I just started chapter four of Ao.....holy...fucking...shit.....

And that one scene, at the start.....I cried my eyes out. Fuck that was intense. I knew it was coming, and it still shocked me. Shit.

It was worth the 50 hour wait. holy shit. holy shit.

Which scene is this if you don't mind telling me? I forgot that part! Btw, enjoy the rest of the game! It's one hell of a ride, and it'll only get better!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Direct-feed first hour of gameplay of the english version of Cold Steel III:

EDIT: ah, figures there was a thread made for it already in Gaming... should really check these things.

Is it just me, or does that video seem really slow. I understand that they're trying to show off battle stuff, but there's like 5 seconds of the knights standing around, doing nothing, among other things i noticed.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is it just me, or does that video seem really slow. I understand that they're trying to show off battle stuff, but there's like 5 seconds of the knights standing around, doing nothing, among other things i noticed.

I'll have to apologize for that; when I was recording the footage, there was a conversation going on in the background between another member of the press, the NISA reps in the room, and I.

I tried to make sure there weren't any super long pauses, but there were a handful of spots that I'm well aware I lingered a bit. Didn't want the gameplay to be edited, though, in-case folks decided to come up with conspiracy theories that I was "hiding translation errors", or the like.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'll have to apologize for that; when I was recording the footage, there was a conversation going on in the background between another member of the press, the NISA reps in the room, and I.

I tried to make sure there weren't any super long pauses, but there were a handful of spots that I'm well aware I lingered a bit. Didn't want the gameplay to be edited, though, in-case folks decided to come up with conspiracy theories that I was "hiding translation errors", or the like.

Oh, you were recording it? I thought it was something put out by NSIA. I can understand why it was slow, if you were actually playing it. I'll probably go a bit slow too when I first start out, and I'm getting used to the battle system. That make sense. Thank you for explaining it.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished chapter 2 of Zero! Only took 19 hours to do so haha.
I was suspicious of pretty much everyone on this chapter, but since I saw Rixia at the end of CS2, I definitely wasn't expecting her to be Yin of all people! Actually the one person I wasn't suspicious of was the Mayor's man (was more suspicious of the police officer) and that didn't turn out well. Knew Ziet was going to save the day though as always.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm replaying CS2 and was anyone else bother by the fact the
the adults in the game just decide to give a bunch of high school kids control of the most advanced airship in the world. Like all the adults who have experience flying an airship leave and just give it to a bunch of inexperienced kids. This bother me when I first played it too.

Oct 27, 2017
the adults in the game just decide to give a bunch of high school kids control of the most advanced airship in the world. Like all the adults who have experience flying an airship leave and just give it to a bunch of inexperienced kids. This bother me when I first played it too.

We're talking about Olivier here and not an adult.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Never has bothered me, personally. It has always made sense to me that Olivert would try to give his class, who embody the ideals he hopes for Erebonia to have in the future, agency on a conflict that they have to get involved whether they like it or not due to, well,
Rean having a Divine Knight.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017

I enjoyed that actually, felt kiseki-like to me. Plus it backs up Olivier's ultimate plan for the students to take hold of Erebonia's future.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Olivier is a charismatic goofball, who pretends to be a secretly serious guy who pretends to be a charismatic goofball. His actions in some games probably weren't the most logical choices? But he bets on those choices anyway because he has a strong belief in his allies and friends, and doing things the boring way just isn't his style. He's great.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I finished Sky 3, yay! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am sad to say goodbye to these characters. Yes, I know some of them appear in other games but it's not the same.