• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't "Unspeakable" already in CS2? Lame.

Anyway, I want to rock Juna's Lloyd costume... does it count on physical preorders too or is it just digital?

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Well, I finished Zero. It took me 43 hours.

It was a great game. Definitely my favorite one of the introductory games for each arc so far. The story was kinda slow as the beggining but later it got really good even if I'm not a big fan of the KeA stuff, I have never liked kids in JRPGs. The cast was great, Lloyd was okay for being a MC(Much better than Rean), I absolutely love Randy, he is now my favorite boy in this series and Tio was great. Elie was fine but she was the weakest member imo. Also can't wait to see more of Noel in Ao, she has the potential to be my favorite girl from Crossbell.

It was amazing seen how the Cult storyline connected with the events related to Renne, to the point that now I actually like her. I wanted to see much more about Randy, but I guess his stuff was left for Ao.

Music wise, it has the best OST for me. There were so many good tracks. So much better than CS 1 and 2.

Also I was kind of waiting for a cliffhanger but the game suddenly ended. The final boss was kind of annoying with his super long animations but at least I only had to retry once.

Anyway, great game. If Ao it's better then Crossbell it's going to easily be my favorite arc(Even though i'm a bit worried about the harem stuff, as for what I had read, it started in Ao). I'm gonna take a 2 week break before playing Ao though.

Last edited:

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

It was a great game. Definitely my favorite one of the introductory games for each arc so far. The story was kinda slow as the beggining but later it got really good even if I'm not a big fan of the KeA stuff, I have never liked kids in JRPGs. The cast was great, Lloyd was okay for being a MC(Much better than Rean), I absolutely love Randy, he is now my favorite boy in this series and Tio was great. Elie was fine but she was the weakest member imo. Also can't wait to see more of Noel in Ao, she has the potential to be my favorite girl from Crossbell.

It was amazing seen how the Cult storyline connected with the events related to Renne, to the point that now I actually like her. I wanted to see much more about Randy, but I guess his stuff was left for Ao.

Music wise, it has the best OST for me. There were so many good tracks. So much better than CS 1 and 2.

Also I was kind of waiting for a cliffhanger but the game suddenly ended. The final boss was kind of annoying with his super long animations but at least I only had to retry once.

Anyway, great game. If Ao it's better then Crossbell it's going to easily be my favorite arc(Even though i'm a bit worried about the harem stuff, as for what I had read, it started in Ao). I'm gonna take a 2 week break before playing Ao though.

Just started Zero a few days ago and I'm already in love. I heard gets crazy so looks like it'll be a fun ride.

The English patch is... interesting but I feel it does well enough to tell the story properly. The script fails to convey emotions and character personalities well but thankfully all those years watching anime growing up is helping me figure those things out through the voice acting.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Sky FC last night , bringing Tita for the final boss was a mistake, she didn't have enough hp to survive any if its attacks, Agate pretty much solo'd it with Estelle healing.. dont think I could have killed it if I hadn't bought a load of celestial balms...

I like the ending well enough but it's not the big wow moment for me it seems to be for a lot of people, I dont care at all about Estelle x Joshua

On to SC

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Sky FC last night , bringing Tita for the final boss was a mistake, she didn't have enough hp to survive any if its attacks, Agate pretty much solo'd it with Estelle healing.. dont think I could have killed it if I hadn't bought a load of celestial balms...

I like the ending well enough but it's not the big wow moment for me it seems to be for a lot of people, I dont care at all about Estelle x Joshua

On to SC

At the least, Tita gets considerably better as a fighter in later Sky games versus FC, and they do a better job of making every character feel less like dead weight even in the endgame, outside of one very specific character.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Just read all that, amazing. Huge props to all the people that made this possible, thank you!

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Still, they need some more time for QA and all that. But things are looking really good right now!

Yup, though he does mention that it should take only a fraction of the time before it's ready for a full release. Getting another editor on board to help take the load off of Zerk is a big get for them too.

These technical QoL updates/additions sound incredible as well. Button prompts accurately reflecting your controller depending on whether you're using x-input/dualshock/switch pro controller support is something that's so overlooked by many devs. I'm glad to see that in. Also can't even begin to imagine how much work it took to re-alphabetize the library stuff. Great work all around guys.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Love this image!

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

On to SC

Oh, you have NO idea what's coming.

I was in your shoes once, but now I know.

They expect to hit 100% in the next month or so too. Incredible work.

Yayifications!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad I didn't wait for the, at the time, seemingly in limbo zero translation. The current one is okay, and I was able to follow the story perfectly fine. I am glad people are going to have the completed version soon. I'll probably wait for the new game+ run I do before CS4 comes out.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Man, had a nice surprise in chapter 1 of Zero,
it didn't even occur to me that logically Renne would be in Crossbell as well, randomly running into her when checking out that house on the way to the mining town was so cool. Watching Loyd and the others treat her like some regular kid was hilarious, can't wait to see their reaction when they see her casually wielding a scythe while flying on Pater Mater lol.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
43?! I'm still on chapter 3 at almost 60 hours!! And I still somehow missed two damn books...

Wow, that's a lot. I didn't felt I rushed through the game except the last sidequests that were related to monster exterminations. That's weird.

I also didn't farm that much. I finished the game with the party at lvl 44.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that's a lot. I didn't felt I rushed through the game except the last sidequests that were related to monster exterminations. That's weird.

Well I do take the time to go talk to everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) whenever NPC dialogue changes. Including everyone outside of Crossbell it usually takes a good hour or so each time, I'm sure overall that's added a solid 10/15 hours onto my playtime overall.

Edit: I do wanna say, everyone seems to be mentioning about the harem aspects in AO, but I mean it's pretty obvious here as well. Literally everyone wants a piece of Lloyd!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The music when you fight the jaeger at the start of SC is already better that anything in FC

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018

But did you talk to every NPC every time they had new dialogue? I estimate that at least 25 hours of my 75-hour playtime were spent talking to NPC characters.

Edit: I do wanna say, everyone seems to be mentioning about the harem aspects in AO, but I mean it's pretty obvious here as well. Literally everyone wants a piece of Lloyd!

While I agree that this issue is present in Zero, the Lloyd-centric lust that all the ladies seem to be afflicted with gets much, much worse in Azure.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I finished Sky 3, yay! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am sad to say goodbye to these characters. Yes, I know some of them appear in other games but it's not the same.
you'll enjoy Zero a great deal

I did not expect to love Zero's soundtrack as much as i ended up doing, especially the tracks composed by Saki Momiyama stood out to me. She is so talented and unique.
While Zero certainly does make a point of joking around with Lloyd being a conventionally pretty boy and Cecil being on the verge of a fujoshi it is something that moves in an extreme direction with Ao. I don't think you can compare both approaches at all when with Zero it is just a harmless detail in the writing, while in Ao it is a very serious deal when the first interaction with a character is about fondling someone's boobs as a way of greeting.

Apr 24, 2018
Just beat Cold Steel I last night. What I consider the two biggest end game twists I predicted (one was basically all but overtly stated prior to the reveal).

Sharon being part of Ouroboros and the identify of C

I keep seeing that the Sky trilogy is better to play before Cold Steel I/II, but I'm not sure how much I feel that SC was really relevant to Cold Steel I (I've beaten most of SC, only two chapters left). However, there was some stuff in the ending that I'm pretty sure ties into Third Chapter (TC?) and/or the Crossbell games.

I had only beaten FC when I started Cold Steel and don't really feel like I missed out on anything. That being said, I do thing it's preferable to play Cold Steel I after FC.

All that said, I still fully intend to finish SC and play Third Chapter at some point.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Crow being C was obvious the second he conveniently got separated from you before C appeared in the mines or wherever it was .. I love the game but i still think his motives for becoming a terrorist are pretty lame

I'm not sure I see Sharon being an enforcer as a particularly massive twist

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
For CS1, the big Sky connection is a certain major character plot line that started in Sky FC and continued right through Sky the 3rd. There are other connections? But you either need to pay attention for them, or play Sky the 3rd like a lot of the English fanbase hadn't at the time.
It's really CS2 where Falcom stops being coy and is more up for direct references, so I'd recommend getting through SC and 3rd asap.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
But did you talk to every NPC every time they had new dialogue? I estimate that at least 25 hours of my 75-hour playtime were spent talking to NPC characters.

While I agree that this issue is present in Zero, the Lloyd-centric lust that all the ladies seem to be afflicted with gets much, much worse in Azure.

Maybe that's it. When I visited a new location I always talked to everyone but I didn't went back to those places unless it was for Side-quests.

I did not expect to love Zero's soundtrack as much as i ended up doing, especially the tracks composed by Saki Momiyama stood out to me. She is so talented and unique.

The music was so good. Formidable Enemy (My favorite), Inevitable Struggle, Get Over the Barrier! are amazing. I also really liked the music for the Cathedral, Geofront, St.Ursula, etc. Hopefully Ao's music is as good.

The Harem stuff in Zero is harmless imo

For what I remembered, Cecil is like a overprotective/intense big sister, Ilya loves to tease people and with the other girls I didn't feel anything relevant. Of course there's Elie, but she's the main heroine and Tio is totally like a little sister.

But yeah, I'm scared about Ao. The harem stuff it's the worst thing that could happened to this series, even if you can say that it was also in the Sky games with Joshua.

At least Randy is wonderful and I can't wait to see more about him.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018
Crow being C was obvious the second he conveniently got separated from you before C appeared in the mines or wherever it was .. I love the game but i still think his motives for becoming a terrorist are pretty lame

I'm not sure I see Sharon being an enforcer as a particularly massive twist
Yeah, I guess in the grand scheme of things I figured it was important but felt very obvious for the latter. For the former, the point that you mentioned is also the same point that removed any doubt for me as well on the identity of that character.
For CS1, the big Sky connection is a certain major character plot line that started in Sky FC and continued right through Sky the 3rd. There are other connections? But you either need to pay attention for them, or play Sky the 3rd like a lot of the English fanbase hadn't at the time.
It's really CS2 where Falcom stops being coy and is more up for direct references, so I'd recommend getting through SC and 3rd asap.
Hmm...not sure I'm aware of which story line you're referring to. I'm curious to know, if you wouldn't mind elaborating. I also definitely plan on playing the 3rd at some point. Right now I'm debating whether or not to jump straight into Cold Steel II, or if I should take a break from the series.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
you'll enjoy Zero a great deal

While Zero certainly does make a point of joking around with Lloyd being a conventionally pretty boy and Cecil being on the verge of a fujoshi it is something that moves in an extreme direction with Ao. I don't think you can compare both approaches at all when with Zero it is just a harmless detail in the writing, while in Ao it is a very serious deal when the first interaction with a character is about fondling someone's boobs as a way of greeting.
Any way for me to play Zero?