• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Yes really. This is exactly that type of situation. What came first, the filling or the KitKat.
And yes, I understand evolution but this is about a KitKat and its KitKat fillings. Did you think I was literally talking about chickens and eggs?

The KitKat came first... it was pure ingredients, but flawed in shape. So, it was ground into a powder to be used to make the next batch of KitKats. This is the only answer.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So... it's possible that molecules of chocolate and wafer have been through MULTIPLE reworkings. Probably even. I wonder what the oldest chocolate and wafer crumbs are... twelve generations? twenty? fifty?

It's fun to speculate.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, good ol' recursion.

Just find your base case and you got your answer OP.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the logistics of how that works.
giphy.gif

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Do you not pass along your genes to your progeny? That's awkward. Albeit this is a bit different as KitKats don't procreate? Or do they, and the crumbs are actually the result of one KitKat smashing on another?
That's a very bad anology. A KitKat has very specific ingredients, so each KitKat is essentially the same thing. Offspring are not clones of their parents.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so, I figured it out.

Someone made a kit, and then a kat. Two separate entities that were then smashed together, thus the first kitkat was born. The real question is what's in a kit and what's in a kat.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So lets say they ran out of Kit Kats, all the Kit Kats came out perfect, or there were too much demand for Kit Kats and they ran out, and they are starting from scratch. What would they make the filling from?
You dont wanna know. You know how many people go missing in America each year?

NESTLE DOES.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

I read this with the trailer music to 300 stuck in my head. Bravo good sir!

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
What's really going to bake your noodle later on is when you learn that Dorito's dust is just crushed up Dorito's. In fact, without the dust, the chips would taste exactly the same. The chips themselves are flavored, they don't get flavor from the dust. The dust is added because they think the dust is integral to The Dorito Experience.

Nope, refusing to believe this. You're lying. Lalalalalalala

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Huh, makes sense when you really think about it. Great business model.

Magneton thanks for that video, watched the whole thing and subscribed.

Its called Poliosis. She used to dye it black in the older BA videos but now she's embraced it.

Not the user you quoted, and I did think it was natural, but I didn't know there was a term for it or condition or whatever. Damn learned two new things today, this thread has been educational. ha.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How in the hell do the novelty Japanese kitkats work then?

WE MUST GO DEEPER!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two questions:

- how was the very first Kit-Kat made?
- does this mean that Kit-Kats today could contain traces of that original Kit-Kat ancestor??

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Yes really. This is exactly that type of situation. What came first, the filling or the KitKat.
And yes, I understand evolution but this is about a KitKat and its KitKat fillings. Did you think I was literally talking about chickens and eggs?

I don't understand. How much chicken and egg is in a Kit Kat?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this is also true of UK Kit-Kats? The recipe, branding and even the production company are all different...

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
OK- sure. But what were the first Kit Kats filled with? Sawdust? Air? Antimatter?
The inventor of the kit kat allowed his left hand to be removed and the bones were made into ash to fill the first kit kat. That's actually a hidden nod of the recent marketing campaign, where left kit kats were more commonly gathered than....

wait right that was twix my bad.

Oh well I'm sticking to it.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I was making an reference since these are similar.

Obviously the KitKat came first. There is no way possible that you can make a KitKat filling with KitKats if KitKats were not around first. Even articles about the story claim the original batch(s) were not made ground up KitKats.