• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by BabyDontHurtMe
EXCLUSIVE: Kitao Sakurai (The Eric Andre Show, Bad Trip) will direct multiple episodes of Peacock's Twisted Metal. He is also expected to executive produce.

Twisted Metal is a comedic half-hour live-action adaptation of the popular video game from Sony Pictures TV, PlayStation Productions, and Universal Television. Anthony Mackie both stars and executive produces the series.

Alongside Mackie, Sakurai, and showrunner Smith, executive producers also include Reese, Wernick, Will Arnett and Marc Forman via their Electric Avenue production company, Jason Spire of Inspire Entertainment, Peter Principato of Artists First, Asad Qizilbash, and Carter Swan from PlayStation Productions, Hermen Hulst, Head of PlayStation Studios.
deadline.com

‘Twisted Metal’: Kitao Sakurai To EP & Direct Anthony Mackie-Led Peacock Series

Kitao Sakurai will direct the Peacock series 'Twisted Metal,' starring Anthony Mackie.

ratify

Feb 18, 2021
The first adjective I would use for Twisted Metal is not comedic, maybe chaotic or unstable. I'm excited this series is getting brought back though, TM2 is still one of my all time faves

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
i have very low hopes for this holding close to any semblance of (the numerous versions of) existing TM lore, so i just want them to base it off this:

May 24, 2019
How mad would Jaffe get if it was a pisstake instead of taking his ridiculous thing with complete sincerity.
I'm looking forward to that 😁

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's... actually a pretty compelling pick. Frankly, if they treat this like an absurd comedy with big practical stunts - that might actually be worth watching.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The first adjective I would use for Twisted Metal is not comedic, maybe chaotic or unstable. I'm excited this series is getting brought back though, TM2 is still one of my all time faves

The PSOne games were definitely more along the lines of dark comedies. That definitely seems to be what they're going for here.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Ify Nwadiwe said on a podcast appearance I heard recently that he's writing for the show, as well! He's hilarious on everything I've ever heard him on, so I'm weirdly optimistic about this show? Being on Peacock blows, but honestly, by the time this show comes out, maybe Peacock will have folded into Hulu or something.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Ify Nwadiwe said on a podcast appearance I heard recently that he's writing for the show, as well! He's hilarious on everything I've ever heard him on, so I'm weirdly optimistic about this show? Being on Peacock blows, but honestly, by the time this show comes out, maybe Peacock will have folded into Hulu or something.

Being on a smaller streaming platform makes it easier to get renewed as well. Netflix has hit a point where even very popular shows get canned. I think Archive 81 was the second most streamed show during the first few months of the years, only trailing Ozark, and they canned it.