• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This movie will have a place in my yearly rotation. Best Christmas film since Arthur Christmas .

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Simply excellent film, highly recommend people check it out.

2D fans rejoice.

Last edited:

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I watched this and Noelle back to back. This was great. Noelle was the opposite of great.

Oct 29, 2017
Other than some jarring music shifts a couple of times, I thought it was pretty good. I'm not really a fan of Santa Claus movies, so I was glad it didn't rely on the same old cliches such as the workshop with elves and whatnot

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Acouple out-of-place music choices, and I wasn't strongly into the final note of how it ended.

That said, this movie is really beautiful. Full of charm, solid performances, great visual storytelling. Oh, and to reiterate - it's fucking BEAUTIFUL. Not a single frame felt lacking in masterclass artistry.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Really enjoyed it. I'll agree that it has some uneven parts, but I expected that from such a passion project. Plus, can't think of many other animated movies that feature Saami stuff (though it stands out a bit since the rest of the movie's geography/culture is less specific,) so that's fun even from color/clothing standpoint.

Really wish I could have seen it theatrically, but netflix didn't want to spend any money on that. The smallest 2D expressions often get much larger laughs when seen on the big screen.

Last edited:

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Easily the best animation since Into The Spider-Verse. Absolutely gorgeous.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Wow I just watched this as my roommate wanted to see it. Had low expectations but wow.

I didn't believe they could make good Christmas movies anymore.
This was wonderful.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna quote what I tweeted having seen it twice now.

Klaus is excellent from it's animation to it's story to it's characters. It is worthy of being a must see movie around the holidays EVERY year. Nothing about it is derivative or cynical or boring. An instant classic. If you have Netflix, I strongly recommend watching it now.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
The movie is being unnoticed here with the Disney+ and Frozen II talk, but looks like it's having very good word of mouth on Twitter (including fanart) and iMDB.
Next week, Netflix releases other animation movie with 80 on Metacritic. I Lost My Body.

Netflix is having an excellent november in animation with Klaus, Green Eggs with Ham and, soon, I Lost My Body.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly good, really. Both in story and animation. No real twists or anything but just well put together. Felt classic in a way.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Was hard to keep my partner and kid interested in the first act but the second half was brilliant. The missus kept commenting on how great the animation was as well, really beautiful and much more emotional than I expected from the first few trailers I saw

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Finally got to watching this. I missed a huge chunk of the middle to go take a shower but I'm sure I'll be putting it on again next month. What I saw was stellar with great art though. I'm not even sure I understand how the look of the film was achieved, it's very unique.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
went into this knowing nothing, gf wanted to watch something Christmassy, so we picked it

really, really pleasantly surprised

gorgeous art, too

Jan 3, 2018
Is none of this movie honestly 3D? There are a few scenes that stood out to me as definitely 3D, but I guess it could just be the lighting.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Jesper was such an aggressively shit person that I thought I had no interest in his eventual redemption arc no matter the execution but geez. I started feeling extreme anxiety in the middle act because I got so invested in the plot.

Its really wholesome.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I just finished watching this. Really quite fantastic. Such beautiful animation and very well written.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I ultimately decided to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did. I guess Klaus will now be a yearly Christmas tradition for me.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Just finished it. It's honestly so good I'm amazed it exists. I rolled my eyes at first at some people saying it was a new Christmas tradition but now...

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Very heartwarming and funny. But why is the voice actor for Jesper channeling David Spade so hard? Did they want David Spade and couldn't get him?

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Worth the wait and then some. The film just looks incredible and feels quite special, seeing this style of beautiful 2d animation along with modern techniques mixed together create for a killer art style. Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the next feature from this studio.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
This film was a delight. Beautiful from start to finish.

Really deserves a huge audience. Watch it people.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this. Definitely added to my possible Christmas time movies each year. Animation and art style were superb. I'd love more in this style.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Very heartwarming and funny. But why is the voice actor for Jesper channeling David Spade so hard? Did they want David Spade and couldn't get him?
Doesn't sound like that at all to me. From his first words I knew it was Jason. That's how he talks.

jason_schwartzman.jpg

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Unlike Frozen 2, Klaus bothered to get Sami people on the cast, with Neda Labba playing as the young girl Margu. Kudos.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Really good movie, I saw it a while a go and just loved it. Some of the shit the villagers was getting up to was so weird and hilarious though. XD

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Watched this on a whim today after seeing all the adds plastered around where I work. Man this movie was so wholesome. I'll admit I cried at the end lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Seeing the comments about the music choices I can kind of agree, just glad that terrible High Hopes song wasn't in after all the promo material with it.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So uhhh... This is pretty much a modern classic, right?

Watched this tonight on a whim with my girlfriend at her friends place and we all fucking LOVED it. Seriously, what an amazingly well made film.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Watched this with family tonight after seeing a trailer for it on ERA. Really glad we watched, felt like a perfect Christmas movie with a nice simple plot and beautiful animation. I don't really like Santa movies or Christmas movies but this one, somehow, stood out. I don't think this is the last time I've seen the movie.