• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
It has one of the more unique Santa origin stories. Although I quite despise a liar reveal scene, it didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the movie. The ending felt a bit rushed, but it managed to get me all emotional lol.

It's a really cute, wonderfully animated Christmas movie that my niece and I enjoyed.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It was so good I watched it twice! Not a huge fan of the modern music in some of the scenes though.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is going on my Xmas movie list. I didn't think they make movies like this anymore.

I love the art style.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
lol from thinking your out to feeling on top of the world in 5 seconds. Well deserved, Klaus was an instant classic that I'm planning to watch every Christmas Day to come.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A lot of great animated movies came out last year... but I definitely will be rooting for Klaus to take home the prize at the Academy Awards.
562d83c6fc968826e15e92a4ac4dfda807108a75.gifv

8341213547d1f1d7fb1fad5bdfd92914243f6c25.gifv

What an utterly delightful surprise this movie turned out to be.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This movie deserves all the rewards, freaking phenomenal. I'm glad Era made this thread.

It sucks that my entire friends and family refuse to watch it. I'll try next Christmas.

Jan 2, 2018
I finally watched this movie, and man it was good! I almost cried at certain parts.
And it's just beautiful. I also laughed at the unfitting music, I liked it.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this, this movie is amazing! Just saw it. Touching story, great animation too.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Recently watched this with my wife, and we thought it was absolutely excellent. Definitely adding it to my Christmas film rotation. Gorgeously animated with a ton of heart. Had me tearing up hard towards the end.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Want to make sure anyone who likes Christmas movies put this on your annual rotation.

It's a treasure.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Actually watched this for the first time yesterday primarily because I thought the animation looked really nice. I was kinda shocked by how much I ended up liking everything about it. I usually don't even like Christmas movies that much.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Literally just got done watching this again. I think it's a new Christmas tradition for me.

Great movie.

Zeus

Oct 27, 2017
Literally just got done watching this again. I think it's a new Christmas tradition for me.

Great movie.
I've already been watching this for Xmas the last 2 years now.
I normally hate the type of movies they make to cash in on this time of year but this one just hits different. I don't see this being replaced anytime soon.

Wonderful film

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think the director was working on another movie but Netflix shut it down

Why would you all bump this to give me warm feelings seeing it again, and then break my heart like this?

That's unfortunate, as I really liked Klaus and was looking forward to the upcoming Ember. Hopefully Pablos will be able to shop the film to other studios, provided Netflix had given him back the rights to said project.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you all bump this to give me warm feelings seeing it again, and then break my heart like this?
They're still working on their next masterpiece, but understandingly it's gonna take a minute.

Hopefully Pablos will be able to shop the film to other studios, provided Netflix had given him back the rights to said project.
They did, thankfully.

www.awn.com

Sergio Pablos’ ‘Ember’ Will Not Proceed at Netflix

The streamer reportedly is no longer moving forward with the Oscar-nominated ‘Klaus’ director and his SPA Studios on the 2D hand-drawn feature, which it announced just this past June as part of its current European slate of animated features and series.

Sources at Netflix told Variety the decision is "creative driven, not cost-related." Pablos retains the rights to the film and can shop it elsewhere.

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah this was really great and touching, liked that they had proper Sami people with proper sami language in it too

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yup, we've watched this every Christmas holiday since it released. Always gives my fiancée the feels. Great movie and an easy watch.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'll finally watch it
So, I watched it on Christmas day.
It was wonderful, thank you for bumping the thread and reminding me to watch it.
My dad doesn't watch animated movies (or very rarely, like, he loves some Ghibli movies) but when I started watching it he said it looked beautiful and sat to watch it with me. So, great movie and good new christmas memory ❤️

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I watched it this year, it kinda destroyed me in some parts. Absolutely beautiful story.

I will rewatch every year :)

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I hate that I can never convince people to watch this. While at one family gathering, movies were on in the background for kids while the adults (I'm an adult, I mean the like… above 45 crowd) were talking in the background. I put on Klaus and the conversation slowed as the adults started looking at the screen. Just a bunch of "what is this? This is ugly. Put on Elf. Yeah Elf!"

I like Elf, yes. But this deserves to be regarded on that same level of annual Holiday watch.

Then today with my roommates we were trying to decide what to watch, and I kept throwing out Klaus to absolutely no response, and hovering over it on Netflix.
"Ehh I don't want to watch anything animated or anything Muppets"

Ughhhhhhh

It's been like this every year. I don't want to be annoying or overhype the movie or anything, but it's like… damn I wish people would give it a chance, be open minded to a new classic instead of only wanting to watch the stuff they already know. I guess I'll watch it by myself again.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I can never convince people to watch this. While at one family gathering, movies were on in the background for kids while the adults (I'm an adult, I mean the like… above 45 crowd) were talking in the background. I put on Klaus and the conversation slowed as the adults started looking at the screen. Just a bunch of "what is this? This is ugly. Put on Elf. Yeah Elf!"

I like Elf, yes. But this deserves to be regarded on that same level of annual Holiday watch.

Then today with my roommates we were trying to decide what to watch, and I kept throwing out Klaus to absolutely no response, and hovering over it on Netflix.
"Ehh I don't want to watch anything animated or anything Muppets"

Ughhhhhhh

It's been like this every year. I don't want to be annoying or overhype the movie or anything, but it's like… damn I wish people would give it a chance, be open minded to a new classic instead of only wanting to watch the stuff they already know. I guess I'll watch it by myself again.

Our situation is usually too chaotic for anyone to focus on anything because they're all drunk and talking about random shit. The only thing that got their attention last night was putting on daily dose of internet clips.... it sucks but I think movies are just mostly impossible to appreciate in that kind of environment.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
"All I know is that once a year, I get to see my friend." Absolutely wonderful movie.