• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
http://www./article/269948/knack-2-sells-an-estimated-67000-units-first-week-at-retail/

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/605/1605038/

The action platformer game from Sony Interactive Entertainment - Knack 2- sold 67,494 units first week at retail, according to our estimates.

Breaking down the sales by region, the game sold best in Europe with 33,129 units sold (49%), compared to 21,538 units sold in the US (32%). Looking more closely at Europe, the game sold an estimated 6,501 units in the UK, 6,211 units in Germany, and 4,212 units in France.

Mark Cerny's atonement seems to have not done so hot. By comparison, the first game sold an estimated 1.75 million copies in its lifetime with 82,521 in its first week peaking at 128,944 thousand by its third week while maintaining sales through the rest of December 2013. Maybe it will be a slow drop off over time and be somewhat close to a million sales. According to Dengeki sales charts it only sold 2,106 copies opening in Japan while the first sold 316, 787 copies as a pack-in title.

All is not lost though because we still have dancing Knack. If we can thank Mark Cerny for anything, it is this gift:

Last edited:

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
VGChartz is a very poor source because they tend to be so wildly inaccurate they miss the barn while aiming straight at it. Considering they don't really have any other sources, this doesn't seem very reliable :(

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the original's sales were probably based on being one of a few launch titles, and it had some pretty poor word of math. I hope Sony wasn't expecting numbers beyond this because this isn't all that surprising.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when people were laughing at how much more the first one sold compared to Mario 3D World?

I wonder how this will compare to Mario Odyssey sales.

Edit: Oh vgchartz, yeah doesn't really mean anything.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lolchartz
Tho wouldn't weird me if it's close to reality. One of the biggest bombas this year.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... VGChartz is not reliable at all.
Have to wait for Fiscal Quarter numbers but I guess Sony won't mentioned it if it underperformed

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well there's no knack 2 ps4 bundle this time around right? That should hinder sales a fair amount.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
That's very low, wasn't the first game also bundled with PS4s? Or did it do well because it was a launch title?

On the other hand, I have a knack for not having any good puns for this.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I don't trust any website or restaurant that ends with a z.

Good Donutz? I thinkz not.

OP
OP
tgrfawcett

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
VGChartz is a very poor source because they tend to be so wildly inaccurate they miss the barn while aiming straight at it. Considering they don't really have any other sources, this doesn't seem very reliable :(

There are a few other reports about its lackluster sales numbers. Let me see if I can get those rounded up.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'm not one of those sales...yet.

Fully planning on jumping in sometime this year. I really enjoyed what I played of Knack 1 and it doesn't deserve the memetic response it's gotten.

Deleted member 6573

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
directly tracks only a tiny fraction of 1% of total sell-through and estimates the other 99+%, so this data point (and subsequently the crux of this thread) is meaningless, thus rendering further discussion unproductive.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Knack 2 did bomb in Japan at retail

but VG Chartz is not a source for anything OP

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a site more accurate than vgchartz for game sales? I've always gone to them to check that stuff out whenever I'm curious.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
VGChartz is an unreliable source for sales data.

Please use reliable sources such as NPD, GfK, Media Create or Publisher data.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.