• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Knox County Attorney General's Office said it is looking into a church sermon by a Knox County sheriff's detective that called for the government to arrest and execute LGBTQ community members.

In the hourlong sermon based on an Old Testament passage, Detective Grayson Fritts, also a pastor at All Scripture Baptist Church in Knoxville, told his congregation June 2 that he believes that federal, state and county governments should arrest, try, convict and "speedily" execute people within the LGBTQ community on no more grounds than a cell phone photo of a person participating in a Pride event.

Sheriff Tom Spangler issued a statement Wednesday afternoon, after the Knoxville News Sentinel first reported about the Fritts' sermon, that Fritts had asked two weeks ago to take a county buyout offer. Spangler said he agreed, and Fritts is on paid sick leave until it takes effect July 19.
All Scripture Baptist Church describes itself as an "independent, fundamental, King James Bible only, soul-winning church," on its website. "Don't expect anything liberal, watered down, or contemporary here," it goes on to say.

At points during a video of the sermon reviewed by the Knoxville News Sentinel, Fritts screams into the microphone, advocates for police riot teams to haul off Pride participants en masse and uses multiple slurs against the LGBTQ community.

He also targeted Christians and others who support the LGBTQ community.
Fritts referenced his law enforcement career multiple times during his sermon, first telling the congregation "such arrests and executions should be carried out by our government, not Christians," pausing for laughter as he added, "unless you're a policeman."

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Kane the Mayor of Knox County, TN?

He should just show up to the church, do this to the front door
lmBMu1.gif
and proceed to
tumblr_onlibiyzju1u7qbgxo1_400.gif
the preacher.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Took a minute or so into the video before he pulled the bestiality comparison.

Huh, and Disney movies, too. And man, he's...passionate.

Jesus, he's got issues. And the worst part is that he's definitely not the only one who thinks like that.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what that suit he's wearing is made of. God forbid it's made of more than one material! I mean, he wouldn't just cherry pick the laws in Leviticus that he likes, would he?

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what that suit he's wearing is made of. God forbid it's made of more than one material! I mean, he wouldn't just cherry pick the laws in Leviticus that he likes, would he?

I know that this is a joke and all, but an extremely important thing people need to realize about the Right is that their mass hypocrisy is a tool - not a liability - to what they want to accomplish. Discarding self-reflection and analytical thought is what allows them to do and say such terrible things without hesitation in order to increase/keep their power over us. We should never make the mistake that pointing out hypocrisy will change their minds, because they've already decided to never change their mind ever again.

Oct 30, 2017
Hey Republicans, Perhaps it's time to stop treating these religious nut jobs as a core voting block of your party. Lol jk

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I know that this is a joke and all, but an extremely important thing people need to realize about the Right is that their mass hypocrisy is a tool - not a liability - to what they want to accomplish. Discarding self-reflection and analytical thought is what allows them to do and say such terrible things without hesitation in order to increase/keep their power over us. We should never make the mistake that pointing out hypocrisy will change their minds, because they've already decided to never change their mind ever again.

It's still important to point out for people on the bubble.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Not that surprising that these kind of people exist but it is surprising to me how open he is about it. Most of these types seem to know better than to blast it all over the internet, but you can go right to that church website and see them calling for homosexuals to be put to death. Like I dunno, I just always expected these kinds of people to be more like...antiquated and not have things like an actual website and youtube channel for (basically) a strip mall church. Seems crazy to me that they're this bold about it.

Also, not directly related but living in Knoxville for years and having never heard of this church before, I googled it and turns out it's directly across the street from the only Planned Parenthood in east TN. And despite going to that PP for months for HRT and other things, I literally never noticed that church before. Small world I guess lmao.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video on the twitter post.

What a complete lunatic ...and those people just sat there listening to him like he wasn't completely insane.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They brought out his contract as close as being fired as you get nowadays

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Imagine if a gay pastor/preacher called on his gay congregants to put heteros to death. It only exists in imagination because this vile shit is the shtick of these degenerate hateful and insecure (hetero?) cunts.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I like how the proof of guilt is any participation whatsoever in any Pride event.

Show any solidarity with the LGTBQ community? TO THE BLOCK WITH YOU.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't actually watched the video until just now. The quotes, unbelievably, don't do the videos insanity, justice. This deputy is off the deep end and better not be let back. Absolutely disgusting stuff

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
While this is far more egregious than I've experienced I've never been to a church in my life and not heard something similar. I only go to churches for weddings or funerals and they still manage to wedge shit like this into their sermons its ridiculous. Like yeah I appreciate the diatribe about how annoyed you are by political correctness while I'm grieving about my dead relative. Or how god is so great for the wedding being straight and not "modern" (wink, wink). The fuck is wrong with people?

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Disney is only for homosexuals?

What an insane idiot. There should be jail time for hate speech like that.