• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think GoW may slow down faster because of competition from many games (Detroit for example releasing now) and not having a period like BF or holidays when consoles and games usually sell more than in spring or summer.
Detroit has a totally different fanbase. And man, GOW will sell really well in November and December. Just like Horizon Zero Dawn did.

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with you, if they had a juicy expansion like with Horizon, I would pre order it right now, I wish that would be their next project, to release an expansion next year and than start working on GoW 2, much preferable than to wait for a sequel in 2021/2022 without anything to play until than.
I'm conflicted, I want more God of War but I love the idea of containing it all in a sequel. The thing about Norse Myths, they are a finite resource. Even more so than Greek. The more you use, the less usable for ideas in the sequel.

I'd definitely be open to some DLC with some more comprehensive labours, favours and expanding out the open realms. Particularly Alfheim which felt like it could do some more exploring

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Based on all the "GoW/Pro" related posts in the past weeks...this is not surprising.

GoW is BEAST.

Vroadstar

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished this Boi and totally deserving of the critical and sales success. GOAT for me!

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Month after release still playing it. Usually i platinum gow games in 10 days and replay it in a year or so. Not this time. Grinding mist and its still fun with constatly changing level while testing skill. Level design s out of this world. Combat s soooo fun.

Deserving every sale.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think TLOU2 will top it. God of War had so much going for it, way moreso than TLOU2 will (based on what we know so far).

Yeah, no.

TLOU2 will be the biggest Sony game ever.

Unless Neil fucks up so badly that the game scores like... 92 MC. The horror. Oh my God I can see Naughty Dog building on fire.. and Neil sheding a single tear with a copy of God of War in his hands.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm conflicted, I want more God of War but I love the idea of containing it all in a sequel. The thing about Norse Myths, they are a finite resource. Even more so than Greek. The more you use, the less usable for ideas in the sequel.

I'd definitely be open to some DLC with some more comprehensive labours, favours and expanding out the open realms. Particularly Alfheim which felt like it could do some more exploring
How about this:
Expansion is the story of how and why Faye (Kratos' wife/Atreus' mother) got the axe, etc..

Sequel and the third game tells the Kratos/Atreus story.

Then new trilogy about Atreus facing the Roman pantheon, who would be the Greek pantheon Kratos killed reborn and fueling a war of conquest on the northern peoples as a vehicle for revenge/conquest. Atreus encounters the bastard children of Kratos sired from within the original trilogy, some as allies, some as enemies.

After that another trilogy picking up from one of Kratos' grandchildren could move into the Egyptian pantheon, then from there into Indian mythology. We can keep this train going for a LONG time with the right planning and format.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
im really curious how strong the legs will be & what numbers we can expect in one year from now.

Also people are underestimating TLOU P2 - it will have monster sales

Oct 25, 2017
So you are saying it is impossible for TLOU2 to score higher than GOW?
Of course it's possible, but it will be extremely hard to do. There's a lot of pressure riding on this game. TLOU2 would have to either live up to the first game or be better by the majority of critics in order to reach a 96 which means it would have to capture the magic the first game had and add on to it.

I believe Naughty Dog can pull off another amazing game with PTII, but again it will be very hard to do, reaching a 95 or 96 on meta.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's possible, but it will be extremely hard to do. There's a lot of pressure riding on this game. TLOU2 would have to either live up to the first game or be better by the majority of critics in order to reach a 96 which means it would have to capture the magic the first game had and add on to it.

I believe Naughty Dog can pull off another amazing game with PTII, but again it will be very hard to do, reaching a 95 or 96 on meta.

It goes without saying that it will be incredibility hard to do, but Naughty Dog is one of the few studios that can do it and I wouldn't be surprised.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, that's amazing. Huge congrats to Sony Santa Monica! Very well deserved.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
did not exceed 10m?

0d3.gif

congrats ssm

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Well deserved, and I say that as a shameless Nintendo fanboy. GoW is just too damn good.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
And to think when GoW3 remastered underperformed on PS4, people said the GoW franchise is dad.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I know Cory said there would be no dlc. But does a stand alone expansion like Uncharted Lost Legacy count as dlc?

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
I was looking for a source, but okay...

I'm looking for the 7.5 million in two months figure specifically, that document is fiscal year ending march, so October to March sales, not two months.
This document is for the quarter ending in Dec... nine months of financial year ending in March 2018.

Nine months... April to December. That means 2 months and 4 days for Mario.

The doc was released on Feb 1.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I want a DLC with Atreus, Mimir & the dwarven brothers having an adventure. Starts out lighthearted & fun then somethzing goes badly wrong, but Atreus ups his game & saves the day.