• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Samurai Warriors 4-II is a stand-alond sequel to 4 as close to the old Xtreme Legends titles as allowed. It has characters and modes not available in the original SW4, but does not have all of 4's content.

The Sanada game follows the Sanada clan specifically in a story in which time progresses and you see Yukimura and Nobuyuki grow up. All of the battles and content is geared toward that story, but the rest of the SW cast is available for non-canon battling.

Thanks, is there one you would recommend more? I have no attachment to the story nor the Sanada clan, I'm more of a bit of a Three Kingdom person honestly but looking for a bit of a mix up I guess. I think the last musou game I really enjoyed was probably Fire Emblem. It just had the right mix of letting me beat up mobs while occasionally needing to think about where to throw sword in the map to make sure I don't fail objectives.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, is there one you would recommend more? I have no attachment to the story nor the Sanada clan, I'm more of a bit of a Three Kingdom person honestly but looking for a bit of a mix up I guess. I think the last musou game I really enjoyed was probably Fire Emblem. It just had the right mix of letting me beat up mobs while occasionally needing to think about where to throw sword in the map to make sure I don't fail objectives.
I'd go with 4 to start with. If you like that style of Musou, 4-II refines some of the mechanics introduced in 4 with additional characters and stories to go with them.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot find any OT for Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence - Ascension. Did anyone here play it?