• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Link: https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/ir/docs/ir1_20190128.pdf

Google Translate:
We are working on measures. In October "Musou OROCHI 3" (PS 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One,
For Steam) in Europe and the United States, the cumulative number of shipments exceeded 500,000, and it gained popularity worldwide

In November, "Shin Sangoku Musou 8" (PS 4, Steam) To deliver the basic free version of users, expanding users and expanding paid content.

In December, "Dragon Quest Builders 2 Destroyed God Sidoo and the Empty Island" that we were in charge of development
(For PS 4, Nintendo Switch) was released by SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

In "Team NINJA" brand, repeat sales of "Nioh Complete Edition" continue to be steady.

In smartphone game, joint development with Square Enix Co., Ltd. The "DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA" did well, especially overseas at the end of the year.

In the "Gust" brand, we are a joint game project of NHK PlayArt Co., Ltd. and Suma
The phone games "Atelier Online - Alchemist of Blessed" ~ (iOS, for Android)
It started distribution on the month, and the number of downloads exceeded 2.5 million.

In the "Ruby Party" brand, such as "Neoromance Live Show Haruka Character Song Festival" etc.
A total of five events were held during the third quarter.

With the "midas" brand, we are focusing on developing new smartphone games.

English link only provides financial data:
https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/e/ir/docs/FH_FY183Q.pdf

Screenshot_20190128-1832512.png

Screenshot_20190128-1833222.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Updated with images of their financial data.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Orochi 3 is doing alright. However those percentages don't look promising for the full year forecast but they're pumping out a good amount of releases this quarter.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
"Dissidia Opera Omnia did well near the end of the year"
You bet, they released EX weapons that are ultra rare and incread pull rates overall so people felt more eager to spend.
You could feel it as they we got more and more gifts too.

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Warriors Orochi 4 shipped 500k at the beginning of November. 2 months later it's still there.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I understood, I was surprised that they developed the game. I never knew that.
I get annoying by their projects for other publishers that are not with Koei Tecmo's own IP (Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3). They're constantly milking their old formulas - we have decades worth of Warriors, Nobunaga, Sangokushi, Atelier, and Winning Post -, but those formulas will fade away because people will get tired of them. Warriors and Atelier have been in decline for quite a while already, and it's been boosted by the generational shift from PS3 to PS4, at least in the domestic market. Because of that, their work for hire projects become more important to them in the long term, but with lower margins. I don't know how they manage to keep growing their revenues and profits, and how their share price saw a bump of ~57% in 2015-2017. 2018 has been more or less flat, and it remains to be seen how they will perform in the coming year, but I'm not positive about them.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like their console products are up a bit which is good for them, but also the games they released last year we're not good at all, they need to step things up again.

Surprised their mobile division is doing great given that I rarely ever hear any talk about their games.

Do they have any original titles announced right now besides the new Atelier game and a bunch of ports? Especially with Omega Force, it's weird how quiet they've been.

Last edited:

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Seems like their console products are up a bit which is good for them, but also the games they released last year we're not good at all, they need to step things up again.

Surprised their mobile division is doing great given that I rarely ever hear any talk about their games.

Do they have any original titles announced right now besides the new Atelier game and a bunch of ports?
Atelier Nelke (JP: 31 Jan)
La Corda d'Oro: Octave (JP: 14 Feb)
Dead or Alive 6 (1 March)
Winning Post 9 (JP: 14 March)
Atelier Lulua (JP: 20 March)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Nioh 2