• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Sources: https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/ir/docs/ir1_20191025.pdf

________

Shipped units:

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
(PS4/Switch)
160k units
(Released in Japan and Asia)

Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
(PS4, Switch, Xbox One, Steam)
220k units
(Released worldwide and they gave a reminder that it's coming to Stadia in the US and Europe on November 19th 2019.)

Nioh
(PS4/Steam)
2.75M units
(Reminder that it reached 2.5 million units back in February 2019.)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those are some really good numbers for Nioh and it keeps selling. Nioh 2 should hopefully do great as well.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Extra 250k for Nioh, nice.

Hopefully the second one is gonna do even better, though I wonder if people saying it looks the same is gonna hurt it a little.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With that kind of performance you'd think they'd give Nioh 2 a bigger budget to keep the ball rolling.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Atelier Ryza selling so well makes me so happy.
Atelier is a fantastic series and Gust is a fantastic developer, so them finally getting some of the limelight fills me with joy.

I hope we get a sequel to Blue Reflection at some point.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't two years the timeframe between Dark Souls entries?
Only for Demon's to Dark Souls (and maybe 2 to 3?). Otherwise you've got separate teams with parallel development, so they're getting at least 3 years each:

Demon's Souls 2009 (team 1)
Dark Souls 2011 (team 1)
Dark Souls 2 2014 (team 2)
Bloodborne 2015 (team 1)
Dark Souls 3 2016 (team 2)
Sekiro 2019 (team 1)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
If Ryza ends up being the "breakout" title for Atelier in the west (not that other titles haven't also done well) I kind of hope Gust increases the dev time of each entry to 2 years or so to really build on it. They've got plenty of other series they can do in the meantime (Nights of Azure, Blue Reflection, licensed games like Fairy Tail, and Atelier spinoffs).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ni-Oh the best selling game Koei Tecmo has ever published?

We will have to wait until next week to see whether it's the best selling game they have developed...

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They were leading development for Fire Emblem Three Houses, right? Did they get a cut of that game's success?

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
I started to like the protagonist of Nioh (William), they even had him in a Musou game. Sequel he's written out (prequel) and no more cameos.

Attack on Titan 2, good game, spent a lot of time on it. Bad - capped at 60fps on PC. Koei Tecmo haven't released one action game that allows G-Sync to shine on PC, it's mind-boggling because Titan2 has so much screen panning and action. They better have an open framerate on Pirate Warriors 3.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Good stuff.
Some interesting bits from Blackkite on twitter too:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Doa6 must've bombed hard to not even get a mention. Such a rushed half-assed game
ggx2ac, is there no mention of DOA6? I have the faintest feeling that it bombed... :/
They've talked about DOA6 before and said they were happy with the sales.
All the games here have been released during the period for that financial meeting anyway, outside of Nioh who is there due to the Nioh 2 beta next week.

They say when games underperform (like DW9), but they have no reason to talk about DOA6 at this meeting (they likely will at the one in march though).