• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not the biggest fighting game fan in the world but I've always had a great time with Garou. Highly recommend it, especially for this price!

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
get 'em hooked with a nice price on KOF '97 so they'll eventually spend the big bucks on KOF '98

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I've always hoped they'd do a collection of these and maybe release it physically. I know Digital Eclipse is working on a Samurai Shodown collection, although there's no word on release plans yet.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
98 and 2002 are the two best games in the series, and they are not part of the sales. Surprising.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will grab Garou and Fatal Fury Special, for sure.

I have already KoF 2002 so I'm not sure about grab any of them, but maybe 97.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I love that Sakurai literally says "Go play KOF '98," and it's just, not on sale lol.

Yeah, they didn't quite get his whole recommended list. :P

That being said KOF 95 was my first KOF (outside of a single quarter's worth of KOF 94), and it was a pretty solid starting place, so I can't fault that recommendation. KOF 2000 is probably my most played outside of the usual 98/2002 so that's a good pickup too.

Might get Fatal Fury Special since I haven't done a lot with classic FF and I figure it's more playable than the original these days.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
98 and 2002 are the two best games in the series, and they are not part of the sales. Surprising.

This is very strange. They're without a doubt the two that I'd recommend out of the whole series every time. Bizarre.

I still wouldn't let that put anyone off. Grab Garou (one of the finest fighting games ever made) and KOF 2000.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was going to be the whole series. No Real Bout sale?

Oh well, time to get Garou again. Maybe KOF 2000. Haven't played that in a while.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never played a KOF game. Where should I start?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A year ago on a summer evening, me and a friend had a sleepover and decided to buy Garou on Switch so we could play a game together, despite the fact that they're not the biggest fighting game buff. We played it almost non-stop 'til sunrise. It's such a good memory. The game is the prime example of depth + nuance, along with satisfying, casual friendly feedback.

One of my favorite fighting games ever, still a shame we didn't end up getting the alt in Smash.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Time to pick up Garou! I know 2002 is "the other good one" next to 98 but is there a reason to pick up both? Does it have different mechanics or something?

From what I watched of Maximillian Doods playthrough of the Fatal Fury series it seems like the lane switching mechanic is more annoying than fun imo, so I think I'll skip over those.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Garou a good starting point or should I also get one of the others on sale?
Friend of mine recommended this to me two years ago on Switch and I really enjoy it. I'm trash at it lol but it's a great game honestly.

This entire sale is ironic because I was just looking at the old SNK fighting games and wanted to get another one. Already got KOF98 as a recommendation from a thread I made a while back.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Switch didn't get the special online versions Vita got, right? They need to be ported to Switch. I don't like the barebones ACA versions.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Garou is peak SNK personality and presentation. If you just want to see why people like fighting games like those,i always recommend that one.

Its also as simple as you can get for a begginer. Everyone's super commands are the same and theres only 2 bars.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
FF Special is the best from the entire series (Overrated Garou included).

Prepare to get your ass kicked A LOT though. Its so damn hard.

Edit: they are still 8 bucks on the website??

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Got 2000 since it's my favorite KOF and would be nice to have portable at some point. Others I either don't care enough about or have better versions of.
FF Special is the best from the entire series (Overrated Garou included).

Prepare to get your ass kicked A LOT though. Its so damn hard.
Ehhhhh I won't call Garou overrated, but FFS is definitely my favorite of the series for nostalgia reasons.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sad that Real Bout Fatal Fury Special isn't listed. That and MoTW are my favorite of the FF franchise.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
are they 100% the same as original? I would prefer slow down eliminated for some games like Metal Slug 3 etc.

They're faithful ports, flaws and all.

The M2 port of Metal Slug 2 on the PS3 was fantastic, as you could overclock it to get rid of the huge frame rate drops, add in red blood etc., but that got delisted years ago. It was the definitive way to play it though.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up spending $30ish to get all the ones on sale and maybe one more. Started with the first Fatal Fury. 4 hours later, it's 3 in the morning and I am still getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter by Tung Fu Rue. I made it to Michael Max a few times but he won't even let me get a hit in whatsoever. Loving it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Aww man, no '98 or 2002 on sale. At least '95 & Garou are part of the sale.