• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's a hat goddammit!

9b6d7104c24ed7169c749722de37b73f.jpg

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Why is everyone asking why no belly button it's pretty obvious mario's pants covers it.. That's what you do to cover no abs!

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Koizumi is a brilliant designer, but his interviewee chops aren't up to par with the likes of Aonuma. Also, I am totally with him that it is Toad's head, but his word isn't law on this when Miyamoto could override it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Koizumi, but I feel like he dodges too much lol. Aonuma and Miyamoto are better at the interviews.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait to hear Dan comment on them finally confirming the hat is actually part of Toad's head.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How amazing is it that the level designers put coins in hard to reach places as a token of appreciation for the game testers. Just, wow. The culture of that company is so damn different from anything I've had to work with in America... You'd never see a design team in an American company do something like this. They would either put an invisible wall and call it a day or just flat out not fix it with a dismissive "no one's gonna do that, who cares?" attitude.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Bah. He didn't answer the question about Mario, Peach, and Pauline lol. Oh well. Guess I'll make a headcanon until we get more word.

I had always thought that Toad's mushroom head was part of his whole head! I never even thought of the possibility of it being a hat. Odd.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
The most interesting answer was definitely the one about the hard-to-reach coins, it's sweet to know that they were a little tribute to the debugging team.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I like Koizumi, but I feel like he dodges too much lol. Aonuma and Miyamoto are better at the interviews.
That's because he's not allowed to say what he really thinks — "why are you asking such weird-ass questions in the first place?"
They actually had said in a previous interview Toad's head worked like in that cartoon screenshot.
Maybe it's like Klingon forehead ridges; Toads normally have bulbous heads, but a tragic incident that no one will speak of resulted in some getting shrunken ("normal") heads instead...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of everyone at Nintendo my favorite is Aonuma. He just always seems so happy and fun to be around. He looks like the type of guy I'd love to work with.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When capitán Todd is putting a hat on top of the mushroom it shouldn't be a question if that's his head because some cartoon nobody cares about besides the Yoshi mama Luigi meme said otherwise.