• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
SOURCE: https://www.j-wave.co.jp/blog/news/2019/03/32-death-stranding.html

In a new interview with J-Wave.co.jp published a few hours ago, Kojima mentioned that in the process of constantly adjusting and play testing Death Stranding due to its open world nature, extra time has been needed to ensure quality. He went on to say that Death Stranding is slightly behind schedule as far as the studio's planned release date is concerned but that this shouldn't result in too much of a delay.

8vTUr4v.png

The rest of the interview is definitely worth reading. I think it's great to have some sort of official confirmation that the game is open-world. It remains to be seen how open it truly will be though.

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Take all the time you need......this game is gonna be nuts....and I've never had any interest in MGS.
From it's reveal through all the trailers this game has drawn me in.....can't wait!

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Not so long ago Kojima stated that the game was in the polishing phase, so I don't think it'll be a 2020 release like pretty much everybody says. Besides all the VO (english and japanese) are pretty much done. Late 2019 here we come.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Doesn't mean anything as we never had a set date to begin with. Whatever "delayed" means to him, doesn't mean anything to us

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
So I guess Kojima isn't going back to linear mgs1-4 type games huh. Mgs5 is my least favourite in the series so open world is a huge bummer for me.
Looks great though. Will wait as long as it takes.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know this is a bit controversial, but I would just like for him to release the game when it's ready and not provide much (or any) additional information or footage beyond what we've already seen. It would be very cool to just have it stealth dropped and preserve the mystery.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know this is a bit controversial, but I would just like for him to release the game when it's ready and not provide much (or any) additional information or footage beyond what we've already seen. It would be very cool to just have it stealth dropped and preserve the mystery.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm not in a rush to see this really. I made that thread back about how I really like that this game isn't following the usual video game hype cycle of previews, demos and deep dives. Hoping this continues all the way up till release.

Oct 27, 2017
Given the circumstances (new studio, new IP, new concept, new engine) being "slightly late" sounds like one of the best case scenario. As I said in the first party thread, I expect that game for early 2020, instead of the previously hinted 2019 release.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
? The game only entered full development in 2017... Besides, pretty sure they know what they signed up for.
Pretty sure Konami knew the same thing...

To be fair is anyone honestly surprised? I honestly am guessing the game will be delayed or fall behind schedule at least 2-3 more times before making it out the door.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Well,starting from scratch and also making a videogame in 3 years is asking too much imho.