• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Death Stranding is The Wire of video games.

giphy.gif

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With that said, the story is bad. Kojima is probably the worst part of this game. In a game that capitalizes so much on how much a journey can make a person feel depth and weight of the world their in, the second Kojima starts telling his story, all that disappears and you are reminded that the person who created this game also created Quiet. 😒
I like Quiet >_>

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A question for a mod : why is the thread title not updated ? He didn't say it flies above shooters after translation clarification .

Nov 14, 2017
7hs of playtime. Just arrove in Capital Knot City after being at some Wind farm.

When is this game supposed to start being good? When is it supposed to start being a 10/10 material?
I don't think it really changes. You're a bit further than me, but I enjoyed it straight away and am having fun dipping into it every now and then. The funny thing is though, I wouldn't call it 10/10; I'd say it's 8.5 - which is right where the MC is at. I think it's good but flawed, and I can understand why some people would hate it. I like it though.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You're opinion wasn't really much of an opinion. You didn't counter anyone's argument, you just made a hot take trollish comment.

It was obvious. You just aren't very bright. Enjoy your ban.
Of course i do. And i dont even think it is going to be my last. In fact you will see me more with red tag, it is not my first and i will make sure for heaven and hell it is not even going to be my last. There is a reason why the red ban says "very long history of trolling"

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
You are still going. Woah. Quite is THE worst character created for this console generation and fucking useless in the game due to Diamond Dog. The average hentai game has more integrity and better/more coherent writing that MGS V. Thank Zodd that Kojima moved on to better things, regardless of what you think of Destra´s story and presentation. We were below the bottom of the barrel in 2014/15 with him.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You are still going. Woah. Quite is THE worst character created for this console generation and fucking useless in the game due to Diamond Dog.
lies. you are merely ashamed of the deeds of your eyes. myself however, never once looked at her ass. as a man, my eyes stayed above the collar.
i passed the eye tracking challenge, but could you?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
c2a.gif

She performs public showers in her cage to raise morale on the base (the in-game stat rises) and how about that necrophilic rape scene Era? Listening to every tape and doing every mission in the game(s) ate me alive. I went through a 1-hour rant directed at a friend to get the MSGV duology out of my head yet the phantom wounds remain... What even happened to Kojima and his team during the production of this mess? I hope he got help.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't agree more. Death Stranding is a little too dense and cerebral for the "me want shooty bang boom" crowd.
The subtext isn't exactly dense. It's all on the surface. Kojima isn't hiding anything. You're playing as a character named BRIDGES working for a company called BRIDGES to connect the country

DO

YOU

GET IT?!

And then there's Deadman, Die Hardman, Combat Veteran, Heartman, and Fragile,

A mortician made out of dead people, a dude who doesn't die easy, a combat veteran, a man with a heart condition, and a woman who is old from the neck down

You can't sit here and tell me with a straight face that people who play shooters just aren't smart enough to understand these themes.

I think Death Stranding is an extremely acquired taste, but for its gameplay and because it's weird as fuck, not because it's too profound

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The subtext isn't exactly dense. It's all on the surface. Kojima isn't hiding anything. You're playing as a character named BRIDGES working for a company called BRIDGES to connect the country

DO

YOU

GET IT?!

And then there's Deadman, Die Hardman, Combat Veteran, Heartman, and Fragile,

A mortician made out of dead people, a dude who doesn't die easy, a combat veteran, a man with a heart condition, and a woman who is old from the neck down

You can't sit here and tell me with a straight face that people who play shooters just aren't smart enough to understand these themes.

I think Death Stranding is an extremely acquired taste, but for its gameplay and because it's weird as fuck, not because it's too profound
Can u explain again i dont understand good