• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I can't believe you guys would say Kojima has an ego.
Would a man with an ego have a wall full of celebrity selfies at an art gallery for his game?

6aaE2N2.jpg

You can't even make this shit up. Next step is him taking selfies while he's on his toilet. To show the world where he thinks up his masterclass video game ideas, characters and stories.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder why now though. He didn't get this much hate with his prior games. His messaging right now doesn't help. I guess people just wanted metal gear?

His shtick is wearing thin.

It's just a lazy way to discredit people who dislike Death Stranding. It's the kind of argument I'd expect a message board fanboy to make, not one of the most influential developers in the entire gaming industry.

Absolutely. If a forum member posted made this quote they would be completely roasted.

I'd prefer sexist over pretentious.

Kojima is both. Actually he's a misogynist, not sexist.

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't play portable ops then ha, in that game you had to DRAG soldiers SLOWLY back to a truck each at a time.

In comparison the fulton system was so fluid and quick.

And yes there was base building, and a lot of people liked it (some didn't admittedly).

Haha wtf @ the bolded. That would've made me flip tables TBH. But yeah, compared to that the fulton system seems quick and fluid 😂

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
The endless cutscenes turns me off more than anything but the BT areas just aren't my thing either. I do like the building aspects though.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
You are being willfully ignorant considering every single thread that even mentions Kojima you have dozens of people calling him a talentless hack, shitting on DS without having even played it, and even making alt accounts to do so.

Yeah he's upset IGN gave him a low score when their European versions all scored him highly and yeah he has a massive ego but that doesn't excuse the way people talk about him on here. Shit is toxic. People attacking his fans as well.

Well, I don't feel bad for Kojima and I don't need an alt to tell you that, from what I've seen, this game wouldn't be for me. I have no problems with defending people's right to not enjoy a game (reviewers included).

There are other developers that literally post on this board and engage with the community, and continue to do so even while they straight up read people shitting on their game.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i mean, he's not wrong. but that doesn't mean anybody who doesn't like it are knuckle dragging neanderthals

it does things different than your standard AAA template, what you're conditioned to (follow marker, wreck shit). end result is ... mixed. but no denying it's on another level

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Pre release interviews he seemed more logical. In the PlayStation Access interview he basically said "its a new type of game so I expect some to be turned off by it but in 5 to 10 years I hope we look back on Death Stranding well"

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Several US outlets gave a Tetris game GOTY (or put it on their 'Best Of' list) last year. Maybe don't make a shit game.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
most games require like 1/100th of the buy-in this game does. Long cutscenes alone turn people off, but the gameplay is undeniably slow and videos make it look even worse. This game is not accessible.
You don't get art, or you are just a shooter fan are bad takes.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This trend of celebrated auteur creators going after what they deem to be 'lower art' is everything and incredibly entertaining to follow.

What does Koji think of Marvel movies?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of Sony's other productions really struggled with ratings in the US, besides their highly acclaimed Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No I really don't when you can just pop right into the review thread or the jimpressions thread or the sale thread or a bunch of other threads about DS or Kojima leading up to the release.

You made a claim in THIS thread that dozens of people were shitting on it without having played it

You made a claim in THIS thread that people were creating alt accounts to talk shit about him and his game

The burden of proof is on YOU to support YOUR claims you made in THIS thread. The burden of proof is not on me to go into other threads to gather evidence for your claims.

So yes, if you're going to even entertain the notion of arguing in good faith instead of trolling, which is against the rules, you have to be the one to provide evidence for your claims. I don't need evidence that people call him a hack. Hell, I call him a hack frequently. The other two, though? Sounds like bullshit. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if you provide evidence to your claims, though.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I completely agree with Kojima here.

I actually took a full college course to understand the nuance of the female character, fragile. It took me months of study to understand what Sam porter Bridges was doing too.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I made this post THIS MORNING in the Sony first party thread

I want to start off by saying that i'm really not trying to be combative to anyone here, but I just want to give a piece of advice to people that doesn't just apply to video games (even though i'm bringing it up specifically for video game reasons here).

In general, if you're attacking "the media", you're losing. If you're angry with an outlet, then name that outlet or the specific media member you're upset with, and present evidence as to why that outlet/media member is unethical and should be criticized. Blasting "the media" as a whole is a very wide net defense often employed by people who've done something wrong or have something to hide.

In this instance, i'm specifically talking about video game reviewers. This isn't specific to this thread by any stretch but this is the 2nd time this year i've seen people ripping all reviewers simply for voicing their opinion about a game. Alot of reviewers genuinely don't like Death Stranding and Days Gone (along with alot of other prominent games like Anthem and Breakpoint). This doesn't make them stupid, wrong, or a fanboy of another system, it just means that they didn't like the game, and that's ok.

If you find out that a reviewer has admitted to hating Playstation or is angry that a company didn't bribe them for a good review score and you have receipts for these types of things, absolutely produce them and put that reviewer on blast, but that's not what happens 99.99% of the time.

There's a reason why publishers/developers are moving away from traditional game reviewers and moving towards influencers, because the game reviewers as a whole have alot more integrity than influencers and are much less likely to become part of the marketing strategy, influencers literally have a dollar value they assign to themselves for their services.

I also see the criticism that low review scores can affect bonuses for developers, but that's not the reviewers problem, that's an issue with developers signing terrible contracts and publishers exploiting them. We shouldn't care about review scores anyways because its so hard to assign a number to your enjoyment of a video game in the first place, and it causes 99% of people to not read the review.

The truth is that alot of the times you can love a game that alot of reviewers don't like. I think the best example of this for me personally is the first Nier, i LOVE that game, but it has terrible visuals, a tiny world, uninteresting quest design, shallow combat, a really bad farming mini game, horrible amount so grinding required to unlock the final endings, and is only 15 hours long despite being an RPG. It deserves the 6s it got, i disagree that it's a 6, and thats ok.

And again, i really hope i'm not coming off as combative and i'm certainly not criticizing anyone in particular, it's just a subject that rubs me the wrong way in the...uhh.. lets call it "Fake news" timeline we currently live in.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Serious question - is this real?

No you see it's an image created from an A.I trainer created by the Patriots.

HOWEVER - what you don't know, is that the lead programmer of the Patriots A.I system had a kidney transplant, of another programmer, who was a member of not the Patriots, but the Shadow Patriots. Who is creating the illusion that the image is fake, but it's actually real.

You silly fool.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I completely agree with Kojima here.

I actually took a full college course to understand the nuance of the female character, fragile. It took me months of study to understand what Sam porter Bridges was doing too.

When you graduated, did you regret your words and deeds?

Also, I'm struggling with one of my classes on Die Hardman. Could you tutor me?

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i mean, he's not wrong. but that doesn't mean anybody who doesn't like it are knuckle dragging neanderthals

it does things different than your standard AAA template, what you're conditioned to (follow marker, wreck shit). end result is ... mixed. but no denying it's on another level

He's factually wrong. The game isn't more heavily criticized in America than the rest of the world.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
all his talk of sticks and ropes and being above that common action game, didn't stop him from adding plenty of shooting to DS

ket

Jul 27, 2018
American games media who are notorious for trashing non-shooter games such as uh...Animal Crossing and The Sims?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kojima threads on this forum are fucking cancer. You'd think he was Randy Pitchford with the way people react to him.
Yeah, how dare people dislike a blatantly sexist and utterly pretentious guy who constantly says stupid shit like in the OP?
People actually defend that? WTF?
We just had someone banned from another DS thread because they just said "can't hate the man" when his sexist musings were part of the conversation.
Yeah, it was pretty bad on release. A lot of "eh, Kojima being Kojima" posts.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't play portable ops then ha, in that game you had to DRAG soldiers SLOWLY back to a truck each at a time.

In comparison the fulton system was so fluid and quick.

And yes there was base building, and a lot of people liked it (some didn't admittedly).

Haha wtf @ the bolded. That would've made me flip tables TBH. But yeah, compared to that the fulton system seems quick and fluid 😂

How about Kojima's Boktai, where after defeating every boss you had to slowly drag their coffin back to your home base or else they'd revive?

(For the record, I actually like Boktai, and I actaully like that element of it. I'm just reminded of it here.)

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
You made a claim in THIS thread that dozens of people were shitting on it without having played it

You made a claim in THIS thread that people were creating alt accounts to talk shit about him and his game

The burden of proof is on YOU to support YOUR claims you made in THIS thread. The burden of proof is not on me to go into other threads to gather evidence for your claims.

So yes, if you're going to even entertain the notion of arguing in good faith instead of trolling, which is against the rules, you have to be the one to provide evidence for your claims. I don't need evidence that people call him a hack. Hell, I call him a hack frequently. The other two, though? Sounds like bullshit. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if you provide evidence to your claims, though.
My post specifically mentioned every single thread with Kojima in it and I absolutely do not need to waste my time going through all the threads including the numerous locked ones to find "evidence" fucking lol. Learn to read and go look into it yourself.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
No you see it's an image created from an A.I trainer created by the Patriots.

HOWEVER - what you don't know, is that the lead programmer of the Patriots A.I system had a kidney transplant, of another programmer, who was a member of not the Patriots, but the Shadow Patriots. Who is creating the illusion that the image is fake, but it's actually real.

You silly fool.

lmao

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I can't disagree...Well, I kinda agree would be a more suitable statement. Europeans are more tolerant of the weird, bizarre and eexperimental. This is especially true with movies: Tarantino was applauded there way before he got consecrated in the US.