• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't creating drama...I just said it's not his place. I can comment on his comment.

Sure. I can have my opinion about it.

Trying hard about what little boy?
The fact that you got that defensive says a lot my friend

edit - I'm so hype for this game, though. But it's crazy how divisive the whole thing ended up being. I know plenty of people who think the game's gonna be a pretentious mess...and the same amount or more who are hyped as hell for it. Tomorrow's gonna be wild.

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"like the contractions when giving birth."

As if he'd ever know how that feels like lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Y'all gotta just damn relax and not argue over everything and realize that Capcom is back

OP
OP
Moz La Punk

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
My two cents about the whole contractions-part: maybe the wording isn't that great (and keep in mind this has been translated from Japanese to Dutch and back to English again), but considering there's a baby in a lot of the material of Death Stranding up until now, he probably just wanted to keep up the themes of Death Stranding when using this methafor, right?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
well, if he is to keep his new company afloat with ~80 people they gotta start working on the new project soon. Hoping it's horror because PT gave the entire world blue balls

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of questioning if you actually do if you continue to go on about this.
Ok well...that's your thought on the matter. No biggie.

Not really what he said is not the same as what you did..giving birth = pain, that's all he meant, this is beyond silly. No one is saying he knows what it feels like..why am I even bothering with this childishness.
I wonder why as well.

I think that's not your place to make that comment...it was stupid.
Ok.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I really want to see Kojima's horror vision. It got stolen away from us, but he's free to make the game he wanted to make just without calling it Silent Hill

Oct 27, 2017
This is a game where in trailers we've seen Reedus with C-Section scars and had the dang baby inside of him.

What i'm seeing is Kojima is into mpreg.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Isn't it gonna be just Death Stranding 2? I'm pretty sure he talked about wanting to make sequels.

That depends on how profitable DS is for Sony. A sequel is not set in the stone, and even if the game is commercially successful, it requires Kojima at the helm. It can be another BloodBorne situation, where the director wants to create new IP and a sequel is on the backburner.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I hope Death Stranding reviews well do y'all can stop being so damn defensive over every single possible criticism lol.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I agree.

What does he know of child birth contractions....?
lol..good lord, he just means it's painful, he doesn;t mean he know what giving birth is like...you guys are trying to create shit were there is none, I am sure in your life you have said worse.

Man, I hope Death Stranding reviews well do y'all can stop being so damn defensive over every single possible criticism lol.
What criticism are people defending about Ds here..i'll wait. You have been doing this passive.aggressive post in many threads lately.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That they're incredibly painful and difficult which is the point he was making about creating a game.

It's not just that they're painful, but that they're a great pain before a great payoff. It's a pretty apt metaphor, really fucking weird that people are taking issue with it.

Like if I was to jokingly say "This pizza is hotter than the sun" are you nerds really going to step in and tell me "We'll actually it's not your place to say that because you've never been to the sun so you have no experience with how hot it actually is"?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Ok well...that's your thought on the matter. No biggie.

Do you though?

met·a·phor
/ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/

noun
noun: metaphor; plural noun: metaphors
  1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol..good lord, he just means it's painful, he doesn;t mean he know what giving birth is like...you guys are trying to create shit were there is none, I am sure in your life you have said worse.

What criticism are people defending about Ds here..i'll wait. You have been doing this passive.aggressive post in many threads lately.

Zedox: I don't think it's his place to talk about the pain of a woman giving birth.

Multiple People: It's just a metaphor, stop criticizing him, stop creating drama.

He made one comment that was his OPINION and now this entire thread is you and others arguing about it.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Zedox: I don't think it's his place to talk about the pain of a woman giving birth.

Multiple People: It's just a metaphor, stop criticizing him, stop creating drama.

He made one comment that was his OPINION and now this entire thread is you and others arguing about it.
None of this is defending DS...what does any of this have to do with defending DS, people are discussing a use of a mataphor... So ill wait for people defending DS......in this thread. Cannot hide behind opinion, opinions can be wrong and criticised.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are making a way bigger deal out of zedox's comment than he ever intended it to be. Unsurprisingly, now that he's defending himself being quoted continuously, you're unironically making him out to be the one who's blowing this out of proportion, when it's instead the people taking issue with his comment.

All he said, in other words, was that the comparison was poor. He's free to think that. But y'all are going through some damn hoops to make it seem as if he was malicious and meant more than that or that he somehow slighted Kojima. Kojima's comment also stood out to me and I also think that he could've drawn a better comparison, but that's all I thought.

Y'all are way too relentless and don't give up until a person concedes that they agree with you, especially over an innocuous comment made by a poster.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Anyways.

It will be interesting what his next project is.

PS5 exclusive? Multiplat?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
… And it was stupid for them also....

I say that as a person with a grad degree in English Lit.

Eh we'll have to disagree there. It's a very common and astute way of describing something incredible difficult, painful and some others' pointed out, ultimately rewarding experience.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are making a way bigger deal out of zedox's comment than he ever intended it to be. Unsurprisingly, now that he's defending himself being quoted continuously, you're unironically making him out to be the one who's blowing this out of proportion, when it's instead the people taking issue with his comment.

All he said, in other words, was that the comparison was poor. He's free to think that. But y'all are going through some damn hoops to make it seem as if he was malicious and meant more than that or that he somehow slighted Kojima. Kojima's comment also stood out to me and I also think that he could've drawn a better comparison, but that's all I thought.

Y'all are way too relentless and don't give up until a person concedes that they agree with you, especially over an innocuous comment made by a poster.

There's a difference between "that comparison is poor" and "As a man it's not his place to make that comparison". The first is an opinion, the second is nonsense in this case.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Just gonna point out that when a person is responding with "LOL" and other such shitty comments I think they're fishing for responses even if that wasn't their original intent.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't know how Death Stranding will end whether it warrant a sequel or not, but I selfishly want Kojima to continue make new IP from now on in various genre and settings. heck, I'd love if he go back making adventure games like Snatcher again in realistic current tech, it'd look amazing.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next game?

hideo-kojima-valve-gabe-newell-580x334.jpg

Kept you waiting, huh?

OP
OP
Moz La Punk

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Mostly a joke, Kojima's just had so many difficulties in translations recently from one language to another, let alone four separate translations.

Ah. Yeah, I guess you have a point in that. But again, I'm sure most of it is correct, but of course we're in the hands of the Japanese translator.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
He should take a break and recharge after DS ships imo. Wonder what he is thinking up for the next project though.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Nah, that's being pedantic. It was clear to me that the comparison being poor was implied. They're both "opinions."
Opinions can be wrong and silly, saying it is just an opinion is pointless. It's not poor either, it's a good metaphor as several people explained already. As HSTALLION said:

It's a very common and astute way of describing something incredible difficult, painful and some others' pointed out, ultimately rewarding experience.