• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, yesterday he tweeted (after a long absence from twitter) about his new concept.

This part of it kinda looks space related:

unknown.png

But now, he just tweeted another thing:

and If you zoom in...
EbgRprWXQAIVLhF.png

Looks like a spaceship right? Wait, what's that over there?

unknown.png

BRIDGES (?)

GLiiEyz.png

Also, "LANDING SHIP" ??

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it looks like "Bridges". Hopefully he makes Death Stranding 2 with more of a focus on gameplay than story. I just want to build shit.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
New-ish IP set in the same universe. The time vortex stuff could take the story in a million places.

Or the concept art isn't necessarily meant to reflect the content of the new game. Maybe Shinkawa just drew a spaceship as an example for whatever concept he and Kojima were talking about.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
I thought the story ended with Death Stranding. Plus space ships could mean anything like a new game. I don't see space ships being used in Death Stranding.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm 100% down with another game in the "universe"

a straight up Death Stranding 2... not so much

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Will he finally hire an editor or better yet a writer? His gameplay ideas and overall premises are fucking amazing, but then the characters speak, and it all goes to shit. Please for the love of god hire a writer, dude.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding wasn't just one of the best games this generation for me, but one of the best things of my life. And the best part of the game was its addictive gameplay for me, the part that lots of people hated it!
But really doubt we'll DS2, at least this soon. Maybe a small side project, but not a huge sequel.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Death Stranding. But, I would prefer something new and a space game would be right up my ally. I don't want Kojma's brain wasted churning out sequels.

Death Stranding is right up there with MGSV and FROM titles as having the best gameplay of the generation.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
im not sure how much more you could do with the world/premise/characters of the last game

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I think a sequel has massive potential. But I have to ask myself if the market is there for more at the same budget?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
No chance. Death Stranding massively underformed. He will try to make a title that appeals to a larger crowd next time.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I wouldn't want a sequel because of how the game ended, but another game in the universe (maybe even around the time of the stranding) would be great

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
That's not my read. Market/shout out his old game, releasing on PC soon, while teasing his new project.

Anyway I'd be 100000000000000000% in on a Koji Space Opera.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Give me Death Stranding prequel. Not open world, but more like a wide linear gameplay. Definitely a horror game with a ton of different BTs.
That would be interesting. I loved DS gameplay and its open world aspects, but like to play a linear prequel with action/stealth gameplay with story about first days of the incident.

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
The space ship is also kinda whale/dolphin-like in shape. Definitely Death Stranding related, but this is potentially some unused concept art that he particularly liked and is riffing on for a completely different project.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'd really love if someone else could write Kojima's stories and just let him design the weird gameplay ideas. DS was great except when the story got in the way, also I had my fill of that game by the time they introduced ziplines (which made the game boring cause it just became all about ziplines)

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Or, you know, he's just showing random stuff. Like he often does.

Remember when Silent Hill was teased via Kojima Pro tweets? Yeah, sometimes pics are just that.

When was the last time Kojima actually did something sneaky like this anyway?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really love if someone else could write Kojima's stories and just let him design the weird gameplay ideas. DS was great except when the story got in the way, also I had my fill of that game by the time they introduced ziplines (which made the game boring cause it just became all about ziplines)
Not sure how true this is. You couldn't build ziplines until you brought a region online. So the first trek to a new area was still treacherous and fun.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I bet his next game will be nothing like Death Stranding.

He seems like the type of creator that wants to try new things all the time for better or worse.