• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
When memes become reality

Excited AF tho, always been

OhQCHlL.png

HTxH.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The interviews for this game have been so bizarre. I'll be happy when the game is finally out and can speak for itself.

Oct 29, 2017
This game and the reactions have been do funny honestly. Never really played a Kojima game before but really excited to see how crazy this game is

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I find Kojima chat so interesting to read. So many romantic tropes come pouring out.

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
this guy loves the smell of his farts and gets off on people think he's deep and artistic.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He's just saying that he doesn't know how to define this game because it's something new and different that hasn't been done before...so it's hard for him to really explain it but he has to because it's a video game that's interactive even though he wants to break that barrier/limitation.

JEEZ ERA...take some reading comprehension lessons

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this a second time...he knows what he's doing, but he's making a new genre/type of game and can't understand how to classify it?

Original response: I feel you, bruh.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually buy games day 1 but I think Death Stranding will be a wild ride those first days.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Kojima really needs to stop with this unique bullshit talk. Let the audience decide if that really ended up being the case once the game comes out. He's not doing anyone any favors with this 'My game has NEVER been done before' hype-talk. Want to bet there will be 60,000 threads here after the game releases saying 'Played Death Stranding. So....that was it?' ?. Yup.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, this is like when I ask my professor to explain a problem and he tells me to go up to the board and solve it instead.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This game will either be a masterpiece or absolute dogshit, no middle ground.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciate his insight on how games are supposed to be "something" first and art second. Art driven service industry is such a perfect description

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Can you imagine receiving a pitch from this man? No wonder Konami didn't want to entrust all their pachinko money to him. He seems even more of a gamble.

Too bad for them he usually pays off.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
This is the best response he could give. Now I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the people being mad at this.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
The prophecy states that a mysterious figure will share a gift that even they fail to comprehend its majesty and significance but fuck that what's Kojima got for us today?

BugtiVugti

Jul 22, 2019
Kojima really needs to stop with this unique bullshit talk. Let the audience decide if that really ended up being the case once the game comes out. He's not doing anyone any favors with this 'My game has NEVER been done before' hype-talk. Want to bet there will be 60,000 threads here after the game releases saying 'Played Death Stranding. So....that was it?' ?. Yup.

I agree. I'm thinking of games like NieR Automata and even Kojima's own 1998 Metal Gear Solid, among many others. You played and experienced them for yourself and went to your friends with "holy crap, did you play this!?"

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Brand new genre and gameplay so new it can't be comprehended by the brain that thought it up? That's genius shit. Just...... Genius.