• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"I'm very happy to have Jay back on board with the team at such an exciting time," Hideo Kojima said in a statement. "He's creative, passionate about games and will be instrumental in helping us deliver on the vision planned for Kojima Productions as an independent game studio."
"It's such an amazing feeling to be back working with legendary game creator, Hideo Kojima and the incredibly talented Kojima Productions team," Boor added. "Mr Kojima's approach to game design is unlike anyone I've ever worked with in the industry.
The game experiences he creates are genre-defining, as well as thought-provoking, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how we can push narrative boundaries and grow the awareness around Kojima Productions in neat and unique ways."
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-hires-konami-veteran-jay-boor-to-lead-comms/

That might mean Aki Saito left or got moved from his role? I certainly hope he is still there as a translator at least, as he was a great translator and even the actors of DS praised his translations on set, saying it was important and helped them understand Kojima's intentions more clearly.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm not sure where this leaves Aki Saito either OP. He's been pretty dark on Twitter since June 1st (might not mean much, but he was pretty active up until then/that was after the release date had been announced). He's been with Kojima since at least MGS3 and joined KojiPro Dec 10th, 2018. Maybe because it's a global position and not just communications but marketing means Saito's taken a more internal/Japan role?

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure where this leaves Aki Saito either OP. He's been pretty dark on Twitter since June 1st (might not mean much, but he was pretty active up until then/that was after the release date had been announced). He's been with Kojima since at least MGS3 and joined KojiPro Dec 10th, 2018. Maybe because it's a global position and not just communications but marketing means Saito's taken a more internal/Japan role?

Funny you should say that: Kojima Productions just told me he's still there.

www.playdiaries.com

Long time vet Aki Saito still at Kojima Productions following comms shuffle - Play Diaries

Jay Boor comes in as global head of comms and marketing, but known Kojima translator still with Kojima Productions.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, but does he have any experience with any companies in the gaming industry?