• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe him for shit, but I'm also not watching a 49 minute trailer.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I trust him but Ill still probably watch. Or at least read impressions to make sure there are no spoilers before I watch.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I saw all the MGSV trailers before playing the game, Huge mistake, he showed all the cutscenes in those trailers.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be watching. It's good to know he realises this has been a concern and is willing to drop the curtains to show off the game. If the intent is to promote player discovery through community interaction like the Souls games, well you don't need to avoid showing off core gameplay to do that.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I find this really weird. How is a bit of showing of the gameplay such a huge issue?

Because hiding the core concept of a piece of entertainment is common when you want people to experience the surprise themselves. Playing MGS2 and learning that the real MC is actually Raiden and not Snake is a good example. Watching Dunkirk the first time and suddenly realizing you're actually getting Pulp Fiction: Dunkirk. You get the idea. For many, preserving the reveal of the core concept is important to the experience.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Good I won't be watching then... I usually don't watch any gameplay for any up coming game. I usually stick with the 1st reveal of gameplay, and skip any cinematic trailers. In the case of this game, there has been little no gameplay, at least not much of the combat. So I can see why people would be interested. But I rather wait to play it myself.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely watch then haha. Not entirely sold yet, I need to see more.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Because the gameplay demo is 40mins
I get that part, but he is making it a big deal for those that dont understand the gameplay and says dont watch it if you do. But then i'm like, what's such a big deal about showing some gameplay? He doesnt have to do a 40 minute demo but if thats what it takes to make people understand then i'll have to watch this

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly has he revealed besides a whole lot of nothing? I have to watch this because I still don't know what this game is about or if it's even worth buying.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I don't trust this dude at all. Apparently someone at Sony doesn't either, or else this wouldn't come out.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zero confidence in everything but his trailer-making skills. Gonna watch.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Going completely blind into Breath of the Wild (just saw teaser trailer, trailer 1 and trailer 3), and just being blown away by the HUD when starting the game ("whaaaat, temperature has an importance ?!"), and of course by the whole mechanics of experiencing, of manipulating the world, is my favorite gaming moment of this gen.

Given that, imo, MGS V and BOTW are the only open worlds that truly gives you mechanical freedom, I'm all in for going completely blind into Death Stranding. The use of the tools such as the ladder sold me on the game anyway lol.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
video game media coverage is not good. knowing about a game before you play it results in an inferior experience.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'll also watch. I haven't been at all convinced by this game yet, so hopefully this demo changes things.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Because hiding the core concept of a piece of entertainment is common when you want people to experience the surprise themselves. Playing MGS2 and learning that the real MC is actually Raiden and not Snake is a good example. Watching Dunkirk the first time and suddenly realizing you're actually getting Pulp Fiction: Dunkirk. You get the idea. For many, preserving the reveal of the core concept is important to the experience.
Well then he might as well have not shown anything at all, but he did. We know there's ladders, there's ropes, there's shooting, there's running away from some kind of enemies. I just wonder how this plays in full. I really hope he's saying it for good reasons because what you're saying doesnt add up in this case at all