• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Going completely blind into Breath of the Wild (just saw teaser trailer, trailer 1 and trailer 3), and just being blown away by the HUD when starting the game ("whaaaat, temperature has an importance ?!"), and of course by the whole mechanics of experiencing, of manipulating the world, is my favorite gaming moment of this gen.

Given that, imo, MGS V and BOTW are the only open worlds that truly gives you mechanical freedom, I'm all in for going completely blind on Death Stranding. The use of the tools such as the ladder sold me on the game anyway lol.
Yeah, I noticed that the games that blew me away the most were the ones I knew basically nothing about. Hell I bought Bloodborne thinking it was a Devil May Cry clone.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry Kojima, but I'm gonna watch the footage when I can. Despite playing all of the mainline MGS games for at least a few hours each, the only output of Kojima's I've truly loved from a gameplay perspective have been MGSV and P.T. (I understood the quality of the others, but they just weren't for me). As such, while I have immense respect for the man and his craft, it's not enough to automatically override my gameplay reservations. I need to see for myself if this will be something I'll actually enjoy playing.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DhwFgM_WAAANsI-.jpg

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I find this really weird. How is a bit of showing of the gameplay such a huge issue?

Because some of the greatest games are more special when you explore and discover how the mechanics work.

Imagine watching Papers Please, Witness, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, etc for an hour straight instead of experiencing the gameplay first hand?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havent trusted him since he pulled the bullshit raiden move.

mgsv was a big fuck u as well.

i will tune in tomorrow to watch.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I already preordered the deluxe edition on PSN. I'll always trust Kojima, but it's gonna be pretty difficult for me not to watch this. I can't contain myself any longer.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well then he might as well have not shown anything at all, but he did. We know there's ladders, there's ropes, there's shooting, there's running away from some kind of enemies. I just wonder how this plays in full. I really hope he's saying it for good reasons because what you're saying doesnt add up in this case at all
lol.... Come on, a lot of Death Stranding is still a big mystery. It's not hard to understand what he means.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I actually really like this approach. Creators contextualizing further footage of their game (or any medium, really) is a great way to help people avoid spoilers if they're already sold.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I was super hyped by the trailers so far, but the "gameplay" he showed off at Gamescom really made me worry about the game, so I definitely need to watch this gameplay.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'll have no problem not watching it as it's on really early in the UK and I'll be too busy.....coming on here to see all the reactions after will be a lot harder,lol.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
I dont get all this grandstanding on his part. If he feels that this is a game changer in terms of how genres are defined then why not actually show it in action rather than talk about it in a super vague manner for months on end only to end up here. And I do not see how they need to show off 80 mins of footage (Which will invariably end having a good chunk of story content as well) to showcase how the moment to moment gameplay and systems work. This just feels vain.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I absolutely do not believe him and I'm going to need to see every bit of gameplay that's shown. Nothing personal, I just have my doubts based on what's been shown.

Indeed. People have a right to know what they're spending hard earned money on. Trust? Trust is for children.

Give me that 49 minute deep dive. I want to see Kojima's words and deeds for myself.

Kojima tomorrow after the video:

giphy.gif

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Because some of the greatest games are more special when you explore and discover how the mechanics work.

Imagine watching Papers Please, Witness, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, etc for an hour straight instead of experiencing the gameplay first hand?
I know what mean because I never watch 40 minutes before I buy a game. But I don't see the problem of showing a bit of interesting things you'll be doing, IE not peeing and walking up a mountain towards geoff keighley

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah nah I'm watching. I dont have blind faith in anyone and have not been convinced yet of what I've seen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sceptical (and have been burned by previous showings) to the point where I'm not watching it because I'm not convinced it'll be a good use of 40 mins of my time!

(I'll probably watch it on Youtube later so I can scrub past all the drawn-out self-indulgent bits)

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
That is what con artist typically says to the people they con. The game is supposed to be about walking. The landscape looks lifeless. Sorry, I m going to watch and see if it worth a purchase. He already said spoilers will be taken out, so I m good.