• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
What ppl who say he hasn't shown gameplay want to see more of but afraid to admit it
giphy.gif

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
1st he says that he doen't even understand his own game and now his begging us not to watch the TGS footage. In other words:

"This game is crap, please don't watch the TGS footage, so you don't change your mind about buying it".

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if hideo kojima hasn't earned a sight unseen purchase in this godforsaken business then i just don't know any more..

stop following the games you're interested in like they're celebrities on Twitter. you will enjoy the games more.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see the issue of showing a bit of what we've already seen in a natural gameplay footage.
Again: He is showing 49 minutes of it. And 2 days later 30 minutes. It's not hard to understand what he means.
Wanna get spoiled and not suprised at launch? Watch it. Wanna go in almost blind and get suprised by the gameplay mechanics & the story, don't watch it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well then he might as well have not shown anything at all, but he did. We know there's ladders, there's ropes, there's shooting, there's running away from some kind of enemies. I just wonder how this plays in full. I really hope he's saying it for good reasons because what you're saying doesnt add up in this case at all

Um, the point is to get you intrigued and hook on the general vibe of the game, as any good trailer does. You don't need the literal plot explained to you to get excited for a film. Nolan rarely releases trailers like that until the film is basically out, he sells you on a film based on his name and a general concept. JJ is also pretty good at this. The idea is to be sold on the experience, not completely revealed what everything is about.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.... I'm going to make sure any game I buy is something I want to play regardless of who makes it. Kojima loves him some him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Other: I don't trust Kojima but I also don't like watching a ton of gameplay for games I'm planning on playing at some point, especially if they're marked as spoilery

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Um, the point is to get you intrigued and hook on the general vibe of the game, as any good trailer does. You don't need the literal plot explained to you to get excited for a film. Nolan rarely releases trailers like that until the film is basically out, he sells you on a film based on his name and a general concept. JJ is also pretty good at this. The idea is to be sold on the experience, not completely revealed what everything is about.
Well sure. He'll be showing the game tomorrow so I can say we'll see what this is all about. At least he is confident enough to finally show it

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I still don't trust him on this one or am convinced, I will watch it.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
This man created my favorite franchise of all time so of course I trust him. I'm already sold on Death Stranding but I'll likely at least watch a bit of this.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not fussed about seeing gameplay I will play the game when I want to once released and come to my own conclusion. Not really a fan of Kojima, usually has great gameplay but far too pastiche everywhere else. This appears to be different and my kind of nerd stuff so I'm looking forward to it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There are gonna be a LOT of hot takes once the demo is out if the last thread was any indication so ..... yea still gonna watch so that I can be informed and can correctly refute them. 👍

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
After The Phantom Pain revealing basically everything, spoiling its intro among other things, I think I might heed Kojima's reticence.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I've already got my money's worth from the trailers so far, I'm on blackout now baby!

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sceptical (and have been burned by previous showings) to the point where I'm not watching it because I'm not convinced it'll be a good use of 40 mins of my time!

(I'll probably watch it on Youtube later so I can scrub past all the drawn-out self-indulgent bits)

If you're still impressed don't forget to clap for 8 minutes.

I know what you're talking about because I never watch 40 minutes before I buy a game. But I don't see the problem of showing a bit of interesting things you'll be doing, IE not peeing and walking up a mountain towards geoff keighley

Personally I already perceived this as AAA walking simulator since December. I find that in of itself already interesting because I've been frustrated with how Adventure games that used to be cutting edge in their own ways in the 80s have been much more like budget titles in modern times. So this will be the first adventure-esque game in decades to potentially offer an immersive story driven experience while pushing technical production boundaries.

When it comes to the gameplay the only thing Death Stranding needs to do is avoid boring interaction or tedious repetition.

I'm going to watch it because I want to see if it has elements that make it look like it could be a good speedrunning game and if it does it will be more than I could hope for already.

To me the biggest draw for this game is how well Kojima's work holds up after being critically analyzed after more than a year has passed on most of his games' release dates. There is zero risk of having his message and story prematurely spoiled in this demo.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
After MGS2 and MGSV, I don't trust Kojima's trailers anyway (for different reasons) so yeah, I'm not gonna bother.

Will definitely follow the fanatical reactions however.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I need to see something. Not that I think it'll be bad, but I haven't been hyped by anything we've seen so far, closest I got was the ridiculous motorbike and world war 2 shooter bits. Couldn't care less which big name actors/celebs are in it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
1st he says that he doen't even understand his own game and now his begging us not to watch the TGS footage. In other words:

"This game is crap, please don't watch the TGS footage, so you don't change your mind about buying it".

I think he probably just sees uncovering what this 'new' genre is as part of the experience. Maybe you can direct enemies away from you and towards a different player in their instance - I could see novel ideas like that being more impactful if they aren't just shown to you.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
It's not that I have full trust in him and Death Stranding, it's that I have a complete lack of trust in him to not ruin the entire game with the insane amount of pre-release footage and cutscenes he likes to show. I'm not watching shit and I'll be there day 1

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I will watch some segments, I don't think that Kojima deserves my trust like other developers do, his last two games (MGS IV and MGS V) were not that great and what they have showed of Death Stranding (gameplay, not cinematics) was not good enough, so I expect to at least know what to expect watching the demos.