• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be watching?

• Of course not, I trust you Kojima!

Votes: 503 31.4%
  • I trust Kojima, but my hype is stronger!

Votes: 374 23.3%
  • "Words and deeds", Kojima. I'm obviously watching!

Votes: 727 45.3%

• Total voters

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine any other director imploring people to not watch a gameplay demonstration of their new game which has, so far, shown barely anything of the core gameplay loop. Lmao

1st he says that he doen't even understand his own game and now his begging us not to watch the TGS footage. In other words:

"This game is crap, please don't watch the TGS footage, so you don't change your mind about buying it".
This was my initial reaction. Reads like something someone who is afraid to disappoint would say.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
That's... not what he said. You've made that tweet into something it isn't. I came into this thread thinking he'd said something more direct along the lines of "if you believe in me you won't need to see anything more before playing the game," but no, it was the same tweet I'd already seen in an earlier thread. Him saying "I'd like people to go in blind" is different from him saying "if you trust me you won't watch."

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I'll need to see more. Kojima's a super talented designer but as someone who loved MGS1-4 but got burned by MGSV, I'm both cautious and excited at the same time. I need to know the open world isn't completely empty and that there's an actual meaty story.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea no, I'm watching. As much as I love his past works, I'm still not fully convinced by what I've seen thus far of Death Stranding.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was debating on whether or not to do this. So the fact that he goes and specifically suggest not to watch it confirms my choice.

Last edited:

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a game made or produced by Kojima and his teams that hasn't had great gameplay-
-Metal Gear Solid 1-5
-MGS: Ground Zeroes
-MGS: Portable O.Ps
-MGS: Peace Walker,
-MGS: Ghost Babel
-Zone of the Enders 1&2
-Boktai
-Lunar Knights,
-Metal Gear Acid 1&2
-Metal Gear Rising

Even the games I haven't played like Snatcher, Policenauts, P.T., Boktai 2&3 and the original Metal Gears for the MSX2 are all highly regarded.

But I'm watching this anyway as I've never cared about spoilers. All I want from the game is interesting ideas, good controls and lots of fuckery.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine any other director imploring people to not watch a gameplay demonstration of their new game which has, so far, shown barely anything of the core gameplay loop. Lmao

This was my initial reaction. Reads like something someone who is afraid to disappoint would say.
I actually sounds like he's confident to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

"I know it's good so I wanted it to surprise people, but if you're really not convinced allow me to blow your mind"

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
This is the dumbest, most obvious form of reverse psychology marketing bullshit I've ever heard in my life. It's a videogame. Calm down, kojima.

EDIT

Ok, I thought this was just more Kojima being Kojima. Thanks for clarification, Ekko!

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I like a bunch of his games, but I dont think I blindly trust him. But then again, I'm not sure I want to watch this whole thing either so....

source.gif

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Only Kojima or maybe Naughty Dog could say a sentence like that and I would be convinced not only to not watch the trailer but to go ahead and pre-order the game.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a guy full of himself. Why should we blindly buy a game without seeing even a basic premise on what it's about? Smh

Nov 3, 2017
I don't believe it's a new type of game and I don't have faith in him to deliver after MGSV

I will happily ruin whatever alleged surprise is in store for peace of mind

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Don't think I've ever blind purchased a game so definitely will be watching especially after my disappointment with MGSV.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I assume its gonna just straight up spoil some of the game to grab people's attention.

Or its gonna be 49 minutes of guns being used.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
This is the dumbest, most obvious form of reverse psychology marketing bullshit I've ever heard in my life. It's a videogame. Calm down, kojima.

All he's suggesting is to go in blind if you can. As a creator, that's what he thinks is best. OP shouldn't have worded the title the way he did. He's not asking for our trust lol.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I don't have any problem with ignoring prerelease materials and trailers, been doing it for years. Has nothing to do with trusting Kojima really. Once it's released the reception of the finished product will tell me if it's worth checking out or not.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's literally shown nothing of this game in terms of the gameplay loop - you're batshit crazy and have blind loyalty to trust that he's created something engaging/worth playing for extended periods of time.

At least in the past you knew what type of experience you were getting but this is supposedly "so different" and a "new genre" that it'd be stupid to take him for his word

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I trust Kojima, but if the footage doesn't have spoiler then maybe I'll take a peek and scrub through it or something lol

^^ and well yes I kinda have blind loyalty to Kojima :X Hasn't disappointed me once yet and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get why people are saying anyone is blindly buying this. It's not like the only thing they've shown is a logo. We've had many showings of this game already, enough for anyone who likes at least one aspect of the game the make a purchase decision.

I love the art style, concept, setting, characters, and almost everything they've shown about this game so far and I'm buying based on that. Any else they show from this point on is extra, I don't really need to watch.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This is def for me. Not that I don't trust him, but I still don't know if this game is "for me". Gameplay is much appreciated.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
He's literally shown nothing of this game in terms of the gameplay loop - you're batshit crazy and have blind loyalty to trust that he's created something engaging/worth playing for extended periods of time.

At least in the past you knew what type of experience you were getting but this is supposedly "so different" and a "new genre" that it'd be stupid to take him for his word
All 5 of the MGS games are on my GOAT list, so I'm supposedly "crazy" for think that his next game will deliver for me too?

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching that shit just so I can see some combat. If it's as punchy as Control, I'll be happy. That in addition to the open stealth, and traversing the world already sold me on the game but I'll still going to watch!